TOL Snapshot: Inside the Numbers

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I just wanted a few people that feel slighted to not feel so bad.
I still can't see why anyone should feel slighted. Again, it's baseball to an extent. You can't look at the percentages like a test grade. It's much more akin to a batting average.

How about a thread keeping track of how many people report posts, compared to infractions handed out ex post facto of said report. I just wanted to use a little esquire lingo for you.
Sod suggested something like that. But then you have multiple reports on a post and if an infraction follows what is that? Some sort of multiple assist? Feels iffy and given that different mods have different thresholds...could be complicated and iffy to read.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
So have we figured out who is the most important? Or who is going to show us who is the most important?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
So have we figured out who is the most important? Or who is going to show us who is the most important?

I believe the intention was to show who was more "relevant", whatever that means.

Once that was determined, I'm not sure what actions were planned. :idunno:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I have started threads that were not to be drawn out or have 100 replies. So have others. Take Delmar's dog thread. He just wanted to honor his dog who passed, and probably isn't looking to have the thread hang around.

you and Delmar aren't "relevant" :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think it's interesting that this concerns you and that you couch it in a term I don't believe I ever used.

I believe the intention was to show who was more "relevant", whatever that means.
Nope, but thanks for helping to make the thread a success. :thumb:

you and Delmar aren't "relevant" :chuckle:
It helps if you can read my answers to people asking that sort of question. But no, nothing like that was said or inferred of Delmar at all.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:mmph:

I need to change my strategy. :think:
Meh. If you look at 50+ posts per topic your numbers go up well into the 20s. But it's just a curiosity. I'm not suggesting we create a pecking order founded on it.

100 post plus is unusually high as a response rate. I was wondering who tended to do that and if there was any common divide. So keep that in mind. Those with the greatest knack for drawing the most posts are well under fifty percent.

sky.

BANNED
Banned

Once that was determined, I'm not sure what actions were planned. :idunno:

:idunno:

image-30.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
SOJ
Threads: 95
More than a thousand views: 47
More than 100 posts: 8

So, what does that mean??:noid:

It means you tend to make the sort of threads that interest people, which is a forum plus. The participation in those threads isn't in that same strata, but it's not necessarily outside of the mean. And what is the average response to a thread? Noting exceptionally high numbers, like your views, doesn't mean the lower numbers are something unfortunate.