TOL Snapshot: Inside the Numbers

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I know it's someone else you're specifically talking about here, but, just so you know, I didn't mean any offense.
I didn't think so, though I've stopped taking much for granted around here.

Though I really was a little amazed that these numbers actually matter that much to you.
They don't, except as a curiosity. I like numbers, period. Baseball, football, statistics interest me. Chrys had to tell me when I topped the rep chart back when. Anna had to tell me my numbers stopped moving.

But when sky got me thinking about it by insinuating Quixote's popularity was limited to a list of the people who'd posted in the thread it made me curious. This new way of looking at things was the end result.

In any case, I don't think anyone's going to see anyone else in a new light now that they know any of this!
Doesn't matter. I think it does make a point about methodology but if that doesn't interest you or change anyone's mind it's okay. It wasn't aimed to.

Even if we did have a pie chart (about this.) Or unicorns.
I like pie. :chew: And pi.

Speaking of hobbits, vampires, and spiders... I think my thread about Lancet Medical Journal back in 2007 really deserved a lot drama and fireworks than it got. Especially since it had BillyBob in it (or maybe that's what kept everyone else out...)
I must have missed that one. It's easy to do. That's one reason I always tried to put a link in the Observations revisits and do in Quixote's. It gives people an opportunity to discover threads they might easily have missed.

:e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Just. Ignore. Him.
It's getting easier, though I did look at his numbers in ever incarnation here. I'm trying to cover everyone who is higher up on the post count and when I think of it, the incarnations I know of. I'll get to Ghost/Sozo/Door at some point. Should be interesting.

Anyone who indulges the rotten little turd deserves everything they get. So either deal with him, ignore him, or shut up with the complaining.
:idunno: He's just a guy with impulse issues.

Interesting thread by the way.
Thanks. Just looking at an old issue a new way. Surprises me that people who don't care for it would bother spending so much time moaning about it here. :think: Go figure.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Joey Arnold
Threads: 55
More than a thousand views: 45
More than 100 posts: 15

Numbers, yes. Asset to the community, no.

That's a value question, but overall he draw eyes, though I still need to do an average.

red77
Threads: 44
More than 1000 views: 33
More than 100 posts: 13

Not bad AB. Not bad. Impressive as heck on the views.

At some point I'll line these up in the OP.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
$(KGrHqJHJBQFBFffihJyBQ6Z2qc(Eg~~60_35.JPG

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And I see a design in your seeing a design in his OP.
People see all sorts of things. I once heard of a man who saw an elephant shot in his pajamas. :plain:

How bout this; I'll go start a Bash TownHeritic thread and we can bash him there. Sound good? One spot to get it all out?
Sweet. :D

It really wasn't about him, though his numbers surprised me a little. It was initially about sky in the other thread. I see she's still trolling here...likely in between neg rep exhortations to grow up and reflections on forgiveness. :rolleyes:

Nope, just a thread that lets people look at old numbers in a new light. And one that I think speaks well for the old girl (TOL).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If an elephant was wearing my pajamas I might shoot him as well.
I could see that...

Most unusual number I've seen so far?

Cabinet Maker had a thread with 1 post and over a 1000 views. That can't happen a great deal.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Snagged this off of towns slogan. Thought it might apply here. Not sure what it's worth but there it is.
It's out of date. I thought it was interesting as an aberration. It's also wrong. The total should be 25,242 people have visited my profile page.

It had a large number early on because I changed my profile theme regularly, and I've had a lot of conversation, but there are around ten messages per page and a little over 800 pages, meaning an awful lot of the visits were for something other than leaving a message.

Thanks for getting me to look at this again. :thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:idunno: It must be important enough to put under ones slogan/motto.
Actually I usually put something odd there. Do you put "important" things in our slogan/motto section?

Well, if that's what you want to do with it then I guess it's your business. I had one phrase in Latin or another for years. Usually something odd or goofy if you broke it down.

For anyone worried about the information getting lost in all these curious posts, don't be. I'm going to go back and index them in the opening post at some point, just for the heck of it. :thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hey, you go girl!:up:
Did you do the hands thing, like you're raising and lowering a roof or a hatch? Because that would make it really, really awesome!

You can tell it would because I put the exclamation at the end. :D

fool

Hall of Fame
My Bash TownHeretic thread has hit 1006 views with 105 posts!
That's how it's done people.
Now I have to think of something to attack tommorow.