Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Late night conversations...

Jack: (maybe a little nervous) What if zombies were real?

Me: (countermeasure) What if they were real, but---they were vegetarians?

Jack: ...And they ate broccoli instead of brains.

Me: Stop it. You're scaring me.

Later...

Me: You know those t-shirt cannons at football games?

Jack: Yeah.

Me: What if, instead of shooting t-shirts, they shot cats.

Jack: At the people?

Me: Sure. Would you feel sorrier for the cats or the people trying to get out of their way?

Jack: The cats. (considers) But what about the people who tried to catch them?

Me: I hadn't thought of that, though there's always at least one of those in a crowd.

Jack: Yeah.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, we on solid 2020 ground now. . . so that can only mean one thing, it's time to write a few histories (I'll wait). :L.

Also...filed under "Found her!"

index.php

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm trying a little experiment. For every negative expression or thought I have I make amends by forming two positive expressions or thoughts as close to the moment as possible.

I may have to give up driving. :L.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A friend of mine was asking me about the evangelicals relationship to President Trump...and I said, "It makes less sense to me than a lay-away plan at the Dollar Tree." :L.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why does the president avoid bars?
He heard there were drafts in there.

Why doesn't the president own a castle?
Because it's too hard to avoid the draft in one.

What does the president have against architects?
Come on...You know already.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
In honor of James Lipton...

1. What is your favorite word?

Luminous.

2. What is your least favorite word?

"Goodbye."

3. What turns you on?

Creativity.

4. What turns you off?

Ignorance.

5. What sound or noise do you love?

My son's laughter.

6. What sound or noise do you hate?

Anything sudden and loud.

7. What is your favorite curse word?

Horsefeathers.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

I think I do or have done everything I ever wanted to do. I'd like to do more of a few things, like writing, composing, teaching, sculpting.

9. What profession would you not like to do?

Proctologist.

10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

"Not bad. Not bad at all."

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Once upon a time, some very silly people suggested that Mr. Rogers ruined a generation of children by teaching them to feel entitled.

I suppose Mr. Rogers would say it's true enough that he taught entitlement--that children are entitled to respect, and to consideration, to joy, and to curiosity, to sorrows and even anger. He taught them to recognize their unique place in the universe and, above all things, that they were entitled to love.

Then he helped them share that with everyone else, because, to Mr. Rogers, what was true of you was true of everyone. In the end and sum of things, he believed, we are, each of us, a part of a great, human neighborhood. People to be cherished and to cherish, to hear and to be heard.

Even the silly, lonely voices of people who criticized what they didn't fully understand.

God's Truth

Why does the president avoid bars?
He heard there were drafts in there.

Why doesn't the president own a castle?
Because it's too hard to avoid the draft in one.

What does the president have against architects?
Come on...You know already.

Luke 22:33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.

Luke 22:34 But Jesus replied, "I tell you, Peter, the rooster will not crow today until you have denied three times that you know Me."

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
When a man hates a man he can do no right.
Sometimes a cigar, or a narcissistic bully, is just as it appears to be.

And I think most of those on the right understand that on some level, which is why they rush to a variation of, "I didn't vote for a saint," or, "But, but look at Clinton," by way of distraction.

Anyway, I don't hate Trump. You can't really hate people you only know from a distance. But I know enough about him from him that I can say without hesitation his conduct and character, were they displayed in my son, would be a real embarrassment to me and my family.

Luke 22:33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.

Luke 22:34 But Jesus replied, "I tell you, Peter, the rooster will not crow today until you have denied three times that you know Me."
Completely unresponsive to the quote, but scripture is never a poor choice as posts go.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
On reason Star Trek always bothered me.

Every single time there's a hairy situation calling for an "away team" to risk life and limb, on a ship with over a thousand people, including, I'm assuming, something like Marines, who did they send in to deal with it?

Department heads.

God's Truth

Sometimes a cigar, or a narcissistic bully, is just as it appears to be.

And I think most of those on the right understand that on some level, which is why they rush to a variation of, "I didn't vote for a saint," or, "But, but look at Clinton," by way of distraction.
People on the left like cigars, cigarettes, too.

Anyway, I don't hate Trump. You can't really hate people you only know from a distance. But I know enough about him from him that I can say without hesitation his conduct and character, were they displayed in my son, would be a real embarrassment to me and my family.
...but he is doing well for exposing the left of their evilness, and they are nutting up so much because of it, while Trump is helping the USA.

Completely unresponsive to the quote, but scripture is never a poor choice as posts go.

No, it was my response to what you said, and it's my response, and it is not wrong, it is just my response. .You are so wrong to say no responsive. No response is no response, but I gave a response.

Some people want to go to war but they can't. Like Peter wanted to die with Jesus but couldn't.

Why do you judge so harshly?

Do you like the left? Did Obama join the military? Did all those on the left go when drafted, and if not, did they volunteer? So what? I never went.

God's Truth

On reason Star Trek always bothered me.

Every single time there's a hairy situation calling for an "away team" to risk life and limb, on a ship with over a thousand people, including, I'm assuming, something like Marines, who did they send in to deal with it?

Department heads.

It bothered you but you know it so well. You like things that bother you?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
People on the left like cigars, cigarettes, too.
You're a bit on the literal side of things...I'd forgotten that about you. Well, you're welcome here, of course, but it could make our conversations more like connected monologues, I suspect.

...but he is doing well for exposing the left of their evilness, and they are nutting up so much because of it, while Trump is helping the USA.
I think that's stuff and nonsense, but I've also learned that you will never lead a person to reject a position by reason where that position was reached by some other means, like personal or ideological investment. So, I've come to make it a soft rule to never argue property rights with a Marxist, taxes with a libertarian, or Trump with his devotees.

No, it was my response to what you said, and it's my response, and it is not wrong, it is just my response.
I didn't say it wasn't a response, let alone yours. I said it was unresponsive. That is to say, as it sat, it wasn't by any operation beyond proximity connected to the quote. But, again, scripture, so long as it isn't being tortured into the shape of someone's direct misuse, is never a bad thing.

You did a better job in connection the second time around, by which I mean you at least offered how you wanted it to connect.

Why do you judge so harshly?
A question we can all ask ourselves from time to time, I suppose, but one that becomes ironic more often than not when we ask someone else.

Do you like the left?
The left and right have their moments with me, and I appreciate their larger camps. I don't like extremists of either sort. Zealots tend to be long on action and short on reason, tend to wreck more than build. That sort of thing.

Did Obama join the military?
Did he make up excuses not to be enlisted in a time of war when other mother's sons were going and dying?

Did all those on the left go when drafted, and if not, did they volunteer? So what? I never went.
Well, if you're ever the subject we'll have that foundation to build upon. But when a president is easy with his criticism of, say, a decorated prisoner of war, he invites scrutiny of his own mettle, such as it is, or isn't.

It bothered you but you know it so well. You like things that bother you?
Does that bother you? ;L)

Last edited:

God's Truth

You're a bit on the literal side of things...I'd forgotten that about you. Well, you're welcome here, of course, but it could make our conversations more like connected monologues, I suspect.

I think that's stuff and nonsense, but I've also learned that you will never lead a person to reject a position by reason where that position was reached by some other means, like personal or ideological investment. So, I've come to make it a soft rule to never argue property rights with a Marxist, taxes with a libertarian, or Trump with his devotees.

I didn't say it wasn't a response, let alone yours. I said it was unresponsive. That is to say, as it sat, it wasn't by any operation beyond proximity connected to the quote. But, again, scripture, so long as it isn't being tortured into the shape of someone's direct misuse, is never a bad thing.

You did a better job in connection the second time around, by which I mean you at least offered how you wanted it to connect.

A question we can all ask ourselves from time to time, I suppose, but one that becomes ironic more often than not when we ask someone else.

The left and right have their moments with me, and I appreciate their larger camps. I don't like extremists of either sort. Zealots tend to be long on action and short on reason, tend to wreck more than build. That sort of thing.

Did he make up excuses not to be enlisted in a time of war when other mother's sons were going and dying?

Well, if you're ever the subject we'll have that foundation to build upon. But when a president is easy with his criticism of, say, a decorated prisoner of war, he invites scrutiny of his own mettle, such as it is, or isn't.

Does that bother you? ;L)

Hi TH,
I was just trying to have a little fun, you know, like be a sounding board to some of your philosophical posts.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hi TH,
I was just trying to have a little fun, you know, like be a sounding board to some of your philosophical posts.
Conversation is always welcome. It's a beautiful day here. Lot's of blue sky and my day off, so I'm heading out with a good book. Hope your day is shaping up half as interestingly.