Town Quixote's

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm talking about the last one, the one you only knew about because you follow me about.

Me, for one. In the old days when someone posted something that wasn't worth responding to after an early Wrap I'd step around it and leave an empty space. I'm not sure if the capacity to delete that sort of post was in the mix then, but it is now. I don't know about May 7 particularly. I know I decided to pull one of the couple of Wraps because I wanted a different lineup. Could have been that one. Who knows? Doesn't matter.

If having your own words put where they're easy to find upsets you this much you should probably put more thought into them.

:e4e:

It's fun to see you squirm while you're 'decimated' by Glorydaz. It does my heart good to see you meet your match in a 'Battle of the Wits.'

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Hiya GM. You feeling okay today?

You might want to consider a little more bran in your diet. See if you can get a post that holds together better. ;)

Saying this as a friend who values your friendship.

Walk away from these two. They're poison.

Don't let them take good from you.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I suppose I could have just reported the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th repeated, mostly gay innuendo tap dance she made that I stepped around instead of engaging it before I finally locked her out temporarily.

I thought this was a better solution for everyone.

See, I don't believe that it does. The people who'd make something out of my locking it are exactly the same people who would have nothing at all to say about the gay baiting nonsense she laced several unresponsive posts with.

I stand and trade, if without lowering difference to sex or faith, in every thread linked. This isn't about avoiding anything other than trolling. I chose to exercise a thing the site granted me the power to do instead of involving mods in policing conduct that violates at least two rules. Read over the posts in question. They aren't much.

Almost forgot, I included glory as an experiment. I put her in without the linkage that would draw her to find the answer to a question I had in mind.

And I got the answer I expected.

The way you should have done it it report her or place her on ignore. Then don't go quoting her in this thread. Let the forum staff decide if her posts need to be actioned upon.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The way you should have done it it report her or place her on ignore.

In hindsight, I suppose taking her off ignore was an optimistic mistake. And it's then up to me to correct that.

But for the record, if someone has an objection to how their writing is presented, feels something was altered in meaning by omission, that sort of thing, I'm game to discuss it here. Always have been.

Saying this as a friend who values your friendship.

Walk away from these two. They're poison.

Don't let them take good from you.
And I really appreciate that, but don't worry about me on that count. GM is harmless, whether he means to be or not. Glory I'm going to have to put on ignore, because I get the same feeling from her that I had with Voldemort. That's just not going to go anywhere worth going and I really should have known that at the outset, but you get away for a while you can forget how it is here.

Not to worry. This is solved already. :cheers:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

In hindsight, I suppose taking her off ignore was an optimistic mistake. And it's then up to me to correct that.

But for the record, if someone has an objection to how their writing is presented, feels something was altered in meaning by omission, that sort of thing, I'm game to discuss it here. Always have been.

And I really appreciate that, but don't worry about me on that count. GM is harmless, whether he means to be or not. Glory I'm going to have to put on ignore, because I get the same feeling from her that I had with Voldemort. That's just not going to go anywhere worth going and I really should have known that at the outset, but you get away for a while you can forget how it is here.

Not to worry. This is solved already. :cheers:

:cheers:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
One thing I love about this place and some of the people I've met here is how it and they can help you stop and reflect when you don't particularly want to do it. :chuckle:

This should probably go in the forum life thread, but one thing I've noticed is that an environment like TOL will never do anything to you or for you that you aren't a party to...so at every juncture we have the choice of deciding whether to be a part of helping someone up or cultivating their worst impulse. As a Christian who should be mindful of his witness, both in the fray of faith and the smaller moments unrelated to its defense, I can do better than to encourage someone to find their worst self-expression. And until I'm sure I can manage that consistently, focus on issues entirely and make my case, humorously or not, as gently as it can be made within reason, I'm going to take the temptation out of my diet.

Another great day on TOL. :cheers:

glorydaz

I'm talking about the last one, the one you only knew about because you follow me about.

My, you are full of yourself, aren't you? I follow GM about...not you. :chuckle:

Me, for one. In the old days when someone posted something that wasn't worth responding to after an early Wrap I'd step around it and leave an empty space. I'm not sure if the capacity to delete that sort of post was in the mix then, but it is now. I don't know about May 7 particularly. I know I decided to pull one of the couple of Wraps because I wanted a different lineup. Could have been that one. Who knows? Doesn't matter.

It matters to me, because that's when you started your crap with me again....follow your own link, and you'll see for yourself. Your playing innocent act is so childish.

If having your own words put where they're easy to find upsets you this much you should probably put more thought into them.

My words don't upset me. I just reserve the right to respond to your take on my words. :duh:

glorydaz

So what I'll do is this, for most of you who come to see the absurdities that pass for reason with a few people like CC, or glory, or the oddly off center musings of our anti-grammarian, I'll be reposting the latest Wrap as often as I need to in order to make it easier on you finding it. In the meantime, here's the last one.

Just think of our responses as a grown person blowing their nose at your dinner table.

But make sure you quote yourself, since you're the one who made that analogy.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
One thing I love about this place and some of the people I've met here is how it and they can help you stop and reflect when you don't particularly want to do it. :chuckle:

This should probably go in the forum life thread, but one thing I've noticed is that an environment like TOL will never do anything to you or for you that you aren't a party to...so at every juncture we have the choice of deciding whether to be a part of helping someone up or cultivating their worst impulse. As a Christian who should be mindful of his witness, both in the fray of faith and the smaller moments unrelated to its defense, I can do better than to encourage someone to find their worst self-expression. And until I'm sure I can manage that consistently, focus on issues entirely and make my case, humorously or not, as gently as it can be made within reason, I'm going to take the temptation out of my diet.

Another great day on TOL. :cheers:

Townster, you have expressed a message that has truly touched my heart and I must admit has caused me to stop and take a moment to reflect on my own experience with TOL. First, and foremost I wish to thank you for being such a kind, patient, non-aggressive, loving, civil, unassuming, humble, man of honor. I came to TOL in December of 2011 and one of the first posters to greet me and offer me some words of encouragement was none other than yourself. You were so accepting and respectful and I want you to know, I really honor you for that. We became instant friends and have shared that initial closeness ever since. I've never seen you post anything unkind or malicious.

Your posts are never argumentative, sarcastic or disingenuous. I've never known you to be disrespectful to anyone. I realize you are the most intelligent, well-educated, mature, discerning, and amazingly intuitive posters on TOL. As you realize, I come to you often seeking your wisdom and knowledge of all things. I stand in awe of your presence here on TOL. You are truly a 'Renaissance Man' in every respect. I want you to know, even though this post is uproariously disingenuous, I do have a profound appreciation for your steadfast agenda to make TOL, a place where individuals can find pretentious and sometimes obnoxious posters such as yourself. I say this in the most honest and loving way possible. Your friend and fellow poster, GM.