Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Your eyes?

And we have a winner. :D

Here's another one I like:

There are three prisoners in a room.

Each prisoner is lined up, with A in front, then B behind him and C behind him.

The prisoners are told they will each be given a hat. The first prisoner who can correctly deduce the color of his hat and the reason for it will be released and the other two will remain.

They are told there are five hats. Three are white and two are black. Each prisoner then has a hat placed on his head.

Each prisoner can only see the hats of the people in front of him and not on his own.

No communication is allowed.

Eventually prisoner A (at the front of the line and unable to see any hat) announces that his hat is white.

How did he manage it?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

The prisoners are told they will each be given a hat. The first prisoner who can correctly deduce the color of his hat and the reason for it will be released and the other two will remain.

They are told there are five hats. Three are white and two are black. Each prisoner then has a hat placed on his head.

Each prisoner can only see the hats of the people in front of him and not on his own.

Eventually prisoner A (at the front of the line and unable to see any hat) announces that his hat is white.

How did he manage it?

Going with the odds?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER

How did he manage it?
He played the odds?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Answer to the five hats riddle:
Spoiler
If C looked forward and saw two black hats he would know that he wore a white hat.

But C is silent so we know and A and B know that C must not see two black hats.

Assume that B sees A has a black hat on. Then B would have to have the white hat because he knows that C is silent.

But B is silent.

So A cannot have a black hat on his head and he knows it. :D

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Spoiler
If C looked forward and saw two black hats he would know that he wore a white hat.

Assume that B sees A has a black hat on. Then B would have to have the white hat because he knows that C is silent.

But B is silent.

:thumb: thats a good one

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Spoiler

But B is silent.

But wait....maybe C is a republican and just wants to mess with B and A.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

How did he manage it?

They are in Texas [everyone in Texas wears a white hat...right?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Tuesday Night Gazette

Had an idea for our erstwhile leader...
Knight...four words that change the game: free hot dog Mondays. :eek:

And I'd alter zip's idea, simplify it. How about you enter: "narcissus" in the search function and every post or thread where you're mentioned by name is brought up.

I mean every post or thread where the poster inquiring is mentioned, of course, not literally you... :noid:

To which zip ably replied...
I'm sure you're aware that we already have that, you just have to enter "Town Heretic" (or your own name) instead of narcissus. ;) (If you weren't aware, consider this your lucky day)
You need to write that joke down, then take it to Lourdes and hope for a miracle. :D

Could be a fun idea though (no, the other one).

And over in the trivia thread...
Q
Which president of "long ago"said that
Some believe the supreme Court should have the final say
[These aren't exact words, but close]but when they let the Sup Ct make the final judgment, they have given up their power to influence the government
It was that president. You know, the guy. The one who said something like that, mostly...I'm probably not being as specific as you'd like, but close to the spirit of the thing.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Jefferson Davis. :plain:

While in the starting a new civilization on a distant world thread...
From a US perspective shouldn't you be asking if there are Indians to murder and terrorise?
Well, we managed not to start a 30 Years war over exegesis, so...

I'd go, I would put my life on the line in anyway I could to benefit the continuation of our species and reason.
You could do that by just cutting your post average. :eek:

Summed my concern/objection to the Fainting Lady hoax theory...
Like angel said, anna did not see all the other angles. One particular angle does not make it chronologically verifiable at all. As a lawyer, you ought to know this.
I do. And because I've been trained to see the angles I see something you aren't considering, that from a given angle someone can appear to connect with a wicked punch when they miss by a mile. So you don't necessarily trust any of them.

Which means you give the reading that is simplest, that makes the most sense, gives something meaningful to someone. So what is gained by attempting to perpetrate a hoax of someone fainting? Especially given the incredible level of scrutiny/risk involved. I mean, think of how much energy the hard right poured into the citizenship claims, the religious claims...no, forget that, think of how much venom and wrong headed assumption went into the shoes on the desk bit.

Because unless you can find a good reason for the risk, something to be gained that makes it worthwhile then the reasonable reading is that there's nothing here except another mistaken crusade that conflates the trivial with the serious, which is a shame.

Then back in the trivia thread...
Abraham Lincoln
I am sure he was not the only one... Jefferson and others said similar things
Also A Lincoln said that only those nations that honor GOD will be good and prosperous
Here's something Jefferson said that Lincoln likely never did: "How much for that one? No, the pretty one."

:plain: I'm paraphrasestimating, of course.

And in it's noon somewhere...
It's past noon on the best coast

and
I am not hungry any more
because
I just had the most delicious pear ever
:think: Soaked in rum?

Leading, as you likely guessed, to...
Well, I thought it was just a pear.
You'd probably had too many. :think:

At least, it started out that way. Now with the fire I lit and the tart
Lighting tarts...:chuckle:

Differed with gen on the best ruler...
...One of the primary qualifications for the President must be that the president is a person that keeps his/her oaths.
It's not a qualification. It's a level of responsibility. We don't administer oaths to people to demonstrate or assuming their worthiness, but to remind them of their responsibilities and to set the foundation for the penalties that will come with failing them.

This means that the President cannot be a politician, since it is well known that politicians lie more often and with greater harm than lawyers do.
It's well known that people lie. But that isn't an argument for robot rulers. :D

Next time? :think: You'll know when I do.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am a loyal reader of the gazette. I must observe, however, that it seems to be less entertaining lately.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Now you are waxing poetic. Or maybe just waxing.
Sorry, but it's not going to be about you any more. Not you or Voldemort.

:D Life is too short. And that was twice the time I should have wasted on this.

:e4e:

Latest and, thank God, Eeset free Gazette found here.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Sorry, but it's not going to be about you any more. Not you or Voldemort.

:D Life is too short. And that was twice the time I should have wasted on this.

:e4e:

Latest and, thank God, Eeset free Gazette found here.
Voldemort? Now that is really fascinating. Here I am enjoying your thread and you choose to go all Slytherin on me.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I love the gazette.. I think it's hoot!! :D

:bow:

:D Thanks FS. It's developed a pretty wide readership. Of course, trolls come with the territory, but that's life for you. Get enough attention and people who can't get it on their own will latch on. The good news is they only end up making themselves look exactly like what they are, so it saves the necessity of rebuttal except on slow news days.

:poly:

Latest Gazette found here.

Last edited:

bybee

:D Thanks FS. It's developed a pretty wide readership. Of course, trolls come with the territory, but that's life for you. Get enough attention and people who can't get it on their own will latch on...but that's life for you. The good news is they only end up making themselves look exactly like what they are, so it saves the necessity of rebuttal except on slow news days.

:poly:

Latest Gazette found here.

Well said. It seems the Desperate duo of Hash and Rehash can't find a more fitting place for themselves.