Town Quixote's

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
He's really amazing. Today was the first really fall like day we've had and we had an "adventure" day, making deep yard discoveries. I have a fire break around the rough parameter of the acreage and much of it is well into the woods so we have a clear, level nature walk. This was the first time he's walked much of it and it was a great deal of fun watching him notice things and ask about sounds and birds. :D

My signature shows a little girl showing her Mummy a golden Autumn leaf ...it was for a powem I did.

But we forget the wonder.....how precious can a dead leaf be?

bybee

My signature shows a little girl showing her Mummy a golden Autumn leaf ...it was for a powem I did.

But we forget the wonder.....how precious can a dead leaf be?

Well my dear, lest we forget, the fairies like to change their dresses as the leaves turn to such beautiful colors.

IMJerusha

So the other day Jack asked me, "What do you do?"

He asks that of anyone he comes into contact with lately.

And I said, "I take care of you and love you. What do you think about that?"

He said, "That's a good job."

He has no idea. :)

That's deep....and incredibly sweet....sigh!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hump Day Gazette​

Had a conversation with AB about...
Well, if I were trying to flatter you I'd be rather concerned, flatten maybe but hey...:D
Well, you're certainly not going to fatten anyone. I mean, who could swallow that? :plain:
Steve Buscemi?
Somebody swallowed Steve Buscemi? :think: That's going to hurt one way or the other.

Had a word with...
If your God made the only happiness in life possible being praising him...

You might want to book a ticket to North...

You can have your heaven on Earth.
You misapprehend. :cheers: What God wants is relation. If you have that, praise, which is really a joyous reflection of His glory, comes as naturally as breath.

You're holding yours. :eek:

Engaged a hostile apostate...
... Rejecting my faith was difficult. It was a heart-breaking loss at the time,
I believe you. I think that's the root of all this anger you misplace and aim at me and those you can't credit without questioning yourself more. Because if I'm right you failed yourself and I don't think you can bear to revisit the possibility, that you insulate yourself from it with a hostile and distorted lens.

but it was part of my maturation.
I believe you believe that. But there's no reason to sustain your believing that, unless you had a wrong headed, immature notion of what faith should be.

...What you assert without evidence, we can all dismiss without evidence.
What you parrot without understanding I'll answer with some: I don't lack evidence. That's a bald and errant assertion on your part. I've noted contingency/causality and personal experience, to name a couple of points in refuting your premise there...You can say you are unconvinced and remain honest, but that's the extent of it.

Unless you are willing to put your assertions up for critical review with a peer-reviewed philosophy journal, we can dismiss them as the question begging moves they are.
Where, pray tell, is your part published? :rolleyes:

And...
...I believed a being called God was communicating with me and I believed I could feel his presence.
Then you have to go through life knowing that you were either deluded on an experiential, intellectual and emotional level in that period or that you are now.

I feel you are trying to shift the burdon of proof here. I claimed I had faith in the Christian God and then lost my faith. The analysis about trust and doubt was yours and you bear the burdon of proof for that which was your mechanism for trying to prove that I was No True Christian, thereby artificially releasing yourself from anxiety about your own position.
Among the mistakes you're making there is the "No True Christian/Scotsman" attempt. I never said anything of the sort. I can watch someone run, or play piano and understand an injury they sustain that drives them off the track or keys without suggesting they weren't runners/pianists, respectively. You don't make me anxious. I'm genuinely sorry for you, as opposed to the "bless your heart" variety.

Then demonstrate it positively. Why should we all believe?
...Because it's intellectually, emotionally and even biologically more compatible with a healthy and happy existence, true or not. Because at the very worst and least it's a better, more optimistic and productive, socially cohesive context than any alternative. That's the broad stroke. The much longer argument goes into our psychological makeup, sociological/historical examination of mankind and logical appeals based on observations relating thereto.

Doubt usually isn’t about being willful or playing games with oneself as you seem to think it is.
Doubt is the failure to trust, to entertain the notion that what should be certain to you isn't. It is the measuring and reduction of certainty to probability. It is a hedged bet and a doomed philosophy.

And that is missing from your understanding, to tragic consequence. So you are cut off from the thing you loved.

Tomorrow? :think: I'll get back to you.

F:October 7th, 2013, 10:37 PM

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Friday Night Gazette

Bonded in the Heathen Cohesion thread...
Can apostates use it? Because, you know, it would be nice to finally see them stick to something. :plain:

While in Wealthy Christians...
I am only a house painter (and website designer). I guess we have something in common.
Oh no you don't, Krsto. :nono:

Website designer is not humble job like house cleaner.
BAM, she just out humbled the heck out of you.

Most of us who live in free world are wealthy compare to the third world. I think we are fooling ourselves to believe we can get away with our luxurious and comfortable way of living.
Unless you rid yourself of all possessions you're wealthy to someone. God gave Job more than he had before his trial and Job was a wealthy man. It isn't wealth, but where your heart is vested that matters to God.

Then over in It's Noon Somewhere...
Is that where you keep the dead bodies?

Of course not. Keeping the DB's in the same place as the frozen food would be rather silly ...
I like to bury the dead bodies... :plain:

'Cause then I can say, "Well, no one will ever bother me, because I know where all the bodies are buried."

I say that a lot. In the grocery store, walking around the neighborhood. And no one ever bothers me.

And back in the Wealthy Christians thread, things were getting litmussy...
Add to this: How many Christian millionaires do you think have time to frequent theology message boards?

More than you would ever imagine . . .
Six. I'd say six is a safe, round number. :plain: Mostly because I couldn't imagine more than five.

Tomorrow? An old whine finds a new skin, Roman holidays and I take zoo on a magical movie ride. :thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Saturday Evening Gazette's
Reading Corner :poly:

all-my-friends-are-dead.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Sunday Evening Gazette

So Shelli, I mean Stegley said hi in the Wealthy Christian thread...
...Thanks for quoting me. I like it. It means less work for me. Lol.
Like that's even possible.

...But, "OooooooooHHHHH!!!!! WATCH OUT FOR THAT TIGER ICON !!!"
Remarkable. Wilde must be clawing his way out of the grave to pay homage.

While over in the thread about Catholic related deaths, Sprite was asking Spooky...
Your point?
Maybe he fell on it and put both of his eyes out...then started typing.

When anna added...
I'm happy to give your posts the amount of respect they deserve.
With or without a banning? :think: Giving that one a keyboard is as pointless as giving Helen Keller a Rubik's Cube.

Before taking on the movies and zoo...
Fearless was a good film. It wasn't a vehicle film. It was a film, and Jeff Bridges starred in it.
He played a mean piano in that one with his brother too. But my favorite part was when they built that cutting edge car before Tommy Lee Jones killed their dad inside a computer. And that car, that car makes it a vehicle movie.

So there...:plain:

Spec was determined to be Spec...
...I think you are better than the God you pay lip-service to. Yes, even you when you’re at your most patronizing and smug.
I think you play at praise to damn the honest object of your anger. That's the most unintentionally frank bit you've set out for consideration.

You are not admitting that you are continuing to suffer from an inability to correctly perceive reality. That reasonably makes your judgment suspect.
Let me point out the flaw in that attempt at reasoning: there's no reasoning in it.

You finally admitted to trusting all miracle claims in the Bible
It was never a point I concealed. Not discussing scripture with you isn't an avoidance of scripture, but a reflection of my intent to stay on topic.

While xAvarice was having the devil's own time in his debate proposal thead...
Nobody is signing up, I've got Spectrox but there's still a lack of participants.
Did you mean to repeat yourself? :plain:

Offered assistance when Trad voiced his displeasure over the new look of the joint...
Is there a way to change it in the user control panel?
Yes. Look up toward the top right corner and click on the "log out" option. Should clear it up immediately.

While happy hour was coming early in the Buckeye state...
Except for being in Ohio because it's the "heart" of it all.. you know, 'cuz it's kind of shaped like a heart.. :plain:
You're from the middle, aren't you... :plain:
Probably.. :p

Had a word about doubt with zip...
If it is so simple, then you should be able to point out my mistaken premises in a logical way (not merely using vague assertive replies like "Doubt isn't a cold that happens to you").
Well, there isn't anything vague in that. It's pretty clear. We choose doubt, doubt doesn't choose or happen to us without our active participation. But I'm no enemy of doubt. I do it all the time. What I don't doubt is God and anyone who does has a problem I've noted and spoken to for quite some time now.

Tomorrow? Atheist's get a hypothetical day (if you can believe it), imPure thoughts and anna makes a funny. :eek:

IMJerusha

"I like to bury the dead bodies...

'Cause then I can say, "Well, no one will ever bother me, because I know where all the bodies are buried."

I say that a lot. In the grocery store, walking around the neighborhood. And no one ever bothers me."

Really? If I did that my tuchus would end up in jail and I'd be calling you!