Town Quixote's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Bird Gazette

Shook my head at xA's tendency for the expected...
    Originally posted by xAvarice
    I haven't been banned in a while and I say things like:

Jesus died for your fins!
    Ah, you know, Catholics say Protestants are proof that God has a sense of humor, while Protestants are equally sure Catholics are reason to suspect that He might not.

Spoke with Wile about ASCon's tendency...
    Originally posted by Wile E. Coyote
    ...you're making a thread about absent fathers an anti-gay thing.
    He'd make a cheese sandwich into a gay thing.

While over in Who Posted...
    Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
    should we kill the dog?
    If this horse is any proof it wouldn't matter.

And...
    Most people, I'm convinced, are either not particularly rational or are so poorly trained that the inclination to be does more harm than good.
    Originally posted by chrysostom
    the ignorant have one special skill...
    No, they don't. They only think they do because, you know...or do you?

In fairness he added,
    ignoring intellectual idiots
    but that was just...you know...or do you?

Butted in with Tinark...
    Originally posted by Tinark
    Your morality is just as "subjective" as mine, despite your claims to the contrary.
    It is or it isn't.

Claiming otherwise does not make it so.
    No more than your claiming equality makes it so.

And the Numbers thread kept adding up...
    Originally posted by Mulla Sadra View Post
    Mulla Sadra
    Thread(s) : 1
    More than 3000 views : 1
    More than 300 posts : 1

I am not planning on posting another thread
    Then we'll never have a sufficient sample to know much about how you'd draw as a rule. As an exception it's...exceptional.

Originally posted by resurrected View Post
    I hereby announce that Mulla is TOL's most relevant poster!

All the rest of you can go home now
    Sadly, the best chance res has of being read in his mistaken conclusion is in a thread not of his own making.

Bulletin Bored:

Congrats to Nazarro, April's Cub Reporter. I was beginning to think resurrected was going to make a clean sweep but his run ends at three consecutive months, losing a close contest with more reports than in any of the prior wins.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

• He'd make a cheese sandwich into a gay thing.
      ROFL!

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
      They already know monsters exist.
      We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

• Story Time With Jack

My son goes into the refrigerator today and I find him at the dining table with a tomato and a bottle of red wine (corked).

He says, "I make a salad."

And I say, "Yes, Jack, if you're an alcoholic." Which he thinks is funny, but mostly because of the sound.

So, wine goes on the highest shelf now.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Thursday Afternoon Gazette

Starting off with a high tech/low concept bit...
          Originally posted by serpentdove
          I did when you started the thread and then you asked if Zoo was worth praying for? I would keep your prayer list selective.

(Pac Man image)
          Because nothing quite screams Christian concern like a good Pac Man illustration.

Unless it's a Defender illustration with little people carrying crosses and demonic ships trying to pick them up, of course...that probably went without saying.

But then, the Black Hole started drawing folks in...
          Originally posted by serpentdove
          Are TOLers going off the deep end?

He's thinking about things.
          I think it's darn near charming, you're thinking that thinking about things drives people off the deep end.

Originally posted by fool
          So;
          This thread is not about me?
          You're more like a warm, humorous red sun.

SD is a gas giant.

Eeset is more of a quark...being fractious and all.

Continued to discuss gnostic labels with al...
          Originally posted by alwight
          I think that makes you gnostic TH.
          It would if that was the totality of my experience and/or the full understanding of the term. But that's like suggesting Monty Python's The Meaning of Life was a pirate movie.

And absolutes with Pure...
          Originally posted by PureX
          ...That you think it's God at all is your context.
          Or it's God's imposition upon my context, which was God-free until the moment when that context was altered.

Nevertheless, the idea of it was there, and for whatever reason, it suddenly became your new reality.
          Like suggesting that because a Hindu has heard of steak it's understandable that he have one now and again.

The need to maintain a sense of self-righteousness is a common human trait. Christianity as an organized religion has been selling people that phony self-righteousness for fun, profit, and power, for centuries.
          I understand that you believe it to be true. I still don't know why you think I or anyone else should.

...we humans can't know the truth, in and of itself.
          Then you can't know that is true and it follows that we humans may well be able to know the truth--the old problem of the relativist. As a larger context it's self defeating.

If you really knew that you can be mistaken, you would know that you could be mistaken about what "God" is or can or cannot be.
          That's because you're impressing the I on both parts. I didn't. I said if God desires, irrespective of whether or not He did in my case or the next fellow's. As a logical proposition, if God desires to be known then He will be known. Just so, if God desired to be known and made Himself known to me then that knowledge is true. My experience is that this is precisely what happened. Now I'm either correct in that impression or I'm not. That's all that can be objectively said.

I honestly don't think you do know that you can be mistaken.
          Then you should probably talk about my mother next.

Not really. You say it but you don't really believe it.
          Welcome to zealotville, population you. The moment you feel it's okay to tell someone you know them better than they know themselves you're officially self righteous.

...I think it's a weak faith that has to rely on such blind arrogance to maintain itself.
          Weak faith, blindness, arrogance. That sounds awful. It also sounds like someone losing possession of their composure or their argument, or lacking both.

I'm not saying this to be insulting or unkind.
          Well, then you suck at praise and kindness.

The word "trust" does not define an absolute condition.
          It does. You're talking about probability. But if it didn't then I'd just throw out the word and use the concept, so it's no impairment and nothing in any event.

Had a couple of things to say about potential mods...
          Originally posted by Rusha View Post
          IMO, Vegas would be a great choice for mod. He is fairly even tempered and not prone to personal vendettas.
          I like him. Another right wing Christian, so no real departure, but a good egg and a fine choice.

I think fool would be the bolder choice and another good one. He has a sense of humor and no real enemies here that I'm aware of. And I don't think you have to be a Christian to understand and enforce the rules, that he'd be less inclined than most to jump the gun. Most of the suggestions have been good ones, though most would be polarizing on some level.

SD would spend too much of her time trying to track down IPs.

Psalmist would clog the machinery with graphics laced infractions.

Then vc flashed a mean streak ...
          Originally posted by vegascowboy View Post
          And then we get to TH. (ancient Greek bust image--no, the other kind)
          Busted?

Bastion of truth.
          I was so close to reporting this one until I realized you'd written bastion. Man, I really need to consider reading glasses.

Purveyor of humor (sorry, AB, humo(u)r in your language).
          Wha-WHAT?!?!? Wait...okay, I really do need those glasses.

...In all seriousness, though, I have liked TH since day one.
          Back at you...and, of course, you're now only slightly more likely to become a mod.

Then again, I like most folks that aren't anti-bbq and beans, so I may not be saying anything particularly noteworthy.
          Well, why change methodology this late in the game.

Tomorrow? I've been threatened with rain when I want it fair.
          Last edited by Town Heretic; May 8th, 2013, 04:14 PM.

Pro-Life

Comment

• "I was so close to reporting this one until I realized you'd written bastion. Man, I really need to consider reading glasses."

Dude, what's on your head? Sheesh!!

I AM the pie lady!!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by IMJerusha View Post
              "I was so close to reporting this one until I realized you'd written bastion. Man, I really need to consider reading glasses."

Dude, what's on your head? Sheesh!!

So that's where they went. I was looking everywhere for them...I suppose that should have been my first clue.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                So that's where they went. I was looking everywhere for them...I suppose that should have been my first clue.
                Goofball!
                I AM the pie lady!!

sigpic

Comment

• Terse cameos in your threads make my existence sinfully worthwhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by xAvarice View Post
                    Terse cameos in your threads make my existence sinfully worthwhile.
                    "Here the performance finishes because at this point the maestro died."

But, he died happy.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Sinfully.

Anyway, I thought I'd best step in, your threads aren't going to go anywhere without your groupie.

Comment

• Moved on account of a troll crossing.
                        Last edited by Town Heretic; May 9th, 2013, 05:06 PM.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Is the Town Clown Gazette always in black and white?

Comment

• Originally posted by sky. View Post
                            Is the Town Clown Gazette always in black and white?

There's a lot to be said for such beauty in black and white. Isn't that just the cutest face you've ever seen?
                            I AM the pie lady!!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by IMJerusha View Post
                              There's a lot to be said for such beauty in black and white. Isn't that just the cutest face you've ever seen?
                              What?

Comment

• Sorry guys. Moved again.

Pro-Life

Comment

Working...
                                X