Town Quixote's

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So I guess everyone finds a point where the cost/benefit analysis taps its watch and smiles...for me it was a moment or so ago when I noticed Observations had been pruned.

Now I was disappointed to see it for a number of reasons, beginning with my having put a great deal of work into it, but maybe more so because a large number of posters who are no longer here and whose threads are no longer with us that were a part of it...it was a funny thread and a sort of archive, a window on a bit of TOL history. I did a lesser version of that here, with Quixote's, but I don't know that it ever matched up. Sequels rarely do. :)

That's life for you. Anyway, with the overwhelming best of my contributions around her now a thing of ghostly memory the prospect of putting a portion of that effort into this given....that just seemed daft.

I hope over time I've given a few of you a chuckle or two and maybe a reason to consider something from a different angle. I've certainly enjoyed much more of my stay than not, liked more of those I met than didn't and tried to meet as well as I was met. I will absolutely miss it.

And more than a few of you.

Take care and God bless. :cheers:

Tomorrow? :think: I may buy a pony.

I'll leave the door open so the trolls can embarrass themselves. Well, more so then. :eek:

I think a good many of us over different prunings have lost threads that were important to us, I pray you will come back soon and God be with you either way, you will be missed.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
They have sought to make Townie their personal punching bag and I don't blame him if he has just had enough.

"they" have sought to make him their own personal punching bag by deleting Observations Great and Small?

who are these people? :sibbie:

ok doser

How come there isnt a heads up before threads are deleted like that? That way people have a chance to save what they need to?

i think we all just got the heads up that if we want anything saved it's on us

seems to me we've gone through this before though, right?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
How come there isnt a heads up before threads are deleted like that? That way people have a chance to save what they need to?

I see the problem with making special selections. The web space issue and all. maybe we could used the thread rating system differently?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
How is it a problem to say for example -" hey guys, next Monday (or whatever day) we will be pruning threads for space - please save anything you don't want to lose. "

I think knight cuts old treads by the age of them? I agree that would be a good idea if he would have time to do it?

We could bring this up as a members concern.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you think a thread should be saved there are two things you can do.....

1. Make a post in the thread. We only delete threads that have had no action in a long, long, time.

2. If the thread should stay because it contains significant information or something that means something special to TOL please contact one of the moderators and I/they can move it into the Hall of Fame.

We never delete Hall of fame threads.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If you think a thread should be saved there are two things you can do.....

1. Make a post in the thread. We only delete threads that have had no action in a long, long, time.

2. If the thread should stay because it contains significant information or something that means something special to TOL please contact one of the moderators and I/they can move it into the Hall of Fame.

We never delete Hall of fame threads.

Thanks! Very helpful knowledge :)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I will be lifting up prayers for you, brother, especially that it be the will of God that your participation here and about be kept steady and reinvigorated.

TH has been a good friend to a lot of people, and he's been a good friend to me even when we disagreed.

Although I miss seeing him here (don't know if I'll miss those horrible puns :eek:), if he's finding more peace being away from TOL, then I hope for his sake that he'll stay on that path.

ok doser

oh come on anna - he's done this at least twice before and possibly a third

he determines to leave for good, makes his farewells, creates a wave of sympathy and drama and then leaves

for a month

I just hope he's back before the start of the dominant culture's religious holy month!

Last edited: