Town Quixote's

fool

Hall of Fame
That's life for you. Anyway, with the overwhelming best of my contributions around her now a thing of ghostly memory the prospect of putting a portion of that effort into this given....that just seemed daft.
That's life for you.
Wait, you already said that.
What were we talking about?

I hope over time I've given a few of you a chuckle or two and maybe a reason to consider something from a different angle. I've certainly enjoyed much more of my stay than not, liked more of those I met than didn't and tried to meet as well as I was met. I will absolutely miss it.
No need to miss it, it's always here.
I only find myself responding once or twice a week these days.
People go missing for years.
It's not like the Army or something.

Tomorrow? :think: I may buy a pony.
Get two so they can keep each other company.

I'll leave the door open.........
I'll wander in and drink all your beer, sleep on your couch, and pet your cat.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To the one who appreciates finely crafted sentences that carry more freight than the careless user of the mother tongue on paper, the things written become an extension of oneself, a pouring out of one's soul on paper. Seeing them unexpectedly vanish can be a loss felt greatly. For those that do not understand the writer's world, this may seem a petty matter. Yet it is those same folk that forget themselves when reading the writer's works as they are carried away by another's finely-tuned craft.

I will be lifting up prayers for you, brother, especially that it be the will of God that your participation here and about be kept steady and reinvigorated.

AMR

journey

Hello Town,

Brother, I'm sorry to hear this news. I hope that you reconsider and wait a little bit before making your mind up. Regardless, I understand and wish you the very best.

I've really enjoyed your posts and will miss you if you leave. I thought that TOL was on a new dedicated server and further pruning would not be needed.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... with the overwhelming best of my contributions around her now a thing of ghostly memory ...

any particular reason you couldn't make continuing contributions that were just as good or better?

didja get a brain tumor or something? :idunno:

ok doser

Last edited:

ok doser

To the one who appreciates finely crafted sentences that carry more freight than the careless user of the mother tongue on paper, the things written become an extension of oneself, a pouring out of one's soul on paper. Seeing them unexpectedly vanish can be a loss felt greatly. For those that do not understand the writer's world, this may seem a petty matter. Yet it is those same folk that forget themselves when reading the writer's works as they are carried away by another's finely-tuned craft.

I will be lifting up prayers for you, brother, especially that it be the will of God that your participation here and about be kept steady and reinvigorated.

AMR

are you familiar with the story of Carlyle's epic work "The French Revolution: A History"?

Spoiler
John Stuart Mill, a friend of Carlyle's, found himself caught up in other projects and unable to meet the terms of a contract he had signed with his publisher for a history of the French Revolution. Mill proposed that Carlyle produce the work instead; Mill even sent his friend a library of books and other materials concerning the Revolution, and by 1834 Carlyle was working furiously on the project. When he had completed the first volume, Carlyle sent his only complete manuscript to Mill. While in Mill's care the manuscript was destroyed, according to Mill by a careless household maid who mistook it for trash and used it as a firelighter. Carlyle then rewrote the entire manuscript, achieving what he described as a book that came "direct and flamingly from the heart."[1]

bybee

Your behavior is contemptible. You have never gotten over the fact that Town is a better man than you, more decent, more educated, more kind and reasonable. He is a gentleman. You have shown yourself to be sadly lacking in gentlemanly values.
The way in which you have relentless sabotaged his efforts, even in his own threads by nasty innuendo and malicious sideways remarks is very telling of the kind of person you are.
A good man is taking a much needed vacation from this site because the air has become untenable.
How many more do you intend to run out?

glorydaz

Your behavior is contemptible. You have never gotten over the fact that Town is a better man than you, more decent, more educated, more kind and reasonable. He is a gentleman. You have shown yourself to be sadly lacking in gentlemanly values.
The way in which you have relentless sabotaged his efforts, even in his own threads by nasty innuendo and malicious sideways remarks is very telling of the kind of person you are.
A good man is taking a much needed vacation from this site because the air has become untenable.
How many more do you intend to run out?

:first:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
are you familiar with the story of Carlyle's epic work "The French Revolution: A History"?

Spoiler
John Stuart Mill, a friend of Carlyle's, found himself caught up in other projects and unable to meet the terms of a contract he had signed with his publisher for a history of the French Revolution. Mill proposed that Carlyle produce the work instead; Mill even sent his friend a library of books and other materials concerning the Revolution, and by 1834 Carlyle was working furiously on the project. When he had completed the first volume, Carlyle sent his only complete manuscript to Mill. While in Mill's care the manuscript was destroyed, according to Mill by a careless household maid who mistook it for trash and used it as a firelighter. Carlyle then rewrote the entire manuscript, achieving what he described as a book that came "direct and flamingly from the heart."[1]
Yes, I am. Also see TH's profile page for another account along the same lines concerning Hemingway.

AMR