The best songs you totally forgot about

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Well, maybe you didn't forget about them. I did, and I've been rediscovering some old forgotten favorites lately. Brings back good memories! If you all can think of any largely forgotten favorite music, post it here!

Here's a great song that came out in 1981, and I don't think I've ever heard it since then. I stumbled across it just recently:

Diesel - Sausalito Summernight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YILvKkCckhw

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Bob Welsh was a member of Fleetwood Mac from 1971 to 1974. When he went solo he scored a few successful singles, the most successful of which was this 1977 re-recorded version of "Sentimental Lady," which was originally released on Mac's 1972 album "Bare Trees."

Bob Welsh - Sentimental Lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW5Ps1KxWG4

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
None of the videos will play other than the Chilliwacko video. And how that can be considered good music is beyond me. Can't stand it. The only video I see on your list that I could even consider a "classic" is the America video. Now they are truly a classic rock and roll band who put out some good songs. The rest? Not so much.

My incomplete list, in no particular order, would include the Eagles, Marshall Tucker Band, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Little River Band, Steve Young(although he is much better known among country music fans. he wrote Seven Bridges Road), Gordon Lightfoot, Arlo Guthrie, Joe Cocker, Harry Nilsson, Supertramp, Chicago, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Bonnie Raitt, Emmylou Harris, Mark Knopfler, Moody Blues, Elvin Bishop, Ray Orbison, Highway Men, Traveling Wilburys, Tom Petty, and Rare Earth. This list does not include my favorite classical music composers or my favorite Christian music songwriters and singers.

As you can see I like only one style of music.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
None of the videos will play other than the Chilliwacko video.

That's a total bummer. Is anyone else having problems seeing these videos? They all work for me. I'll start putting the URL next to the song titles so people can view them directly on YouTube. Hopefully that will fix any viewing problems.

The only video I see on your list that I could even consider a "classic" is the America video. Now they are truly a classic rock and roll band who put out some good songs. The rest? Not so much.

If you've only heard one song in this thread, how would you know if you would like the rest or not? Try giving them a listen first.

My incomplete list, in no particular order, would include the Eagles, Marshall Tucker Band, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Little River Band, Steve Young(although he is much better known among country music fans. he wrote Seven Bridges Road), Gordon Lightfoot, Arlo Guthrie, Joe Cocker, Harry Nilsson, Supertramp, Chicago, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Bonnie Raitt, Emmylou Harris, Mark Knopfler, Moody Blues, Elvin Bishop, Ray Orbison, Highway Men, Traveling Wilburys, Tom Petty, and Rare Earth. This list does not include my favorite classical music composers or my favorite Christian music songwriters and singers.

As you can see I like only one style of music.

That's all great stuff, but the point of this thread is to highlight the more obscure hits that have been pretty much forgotten by the general public. I'd say that the musicians you list are generally still well known and remembered.

Last edited: