Anybody got diabetic recipes?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I did a Google search and basically got a bunch of vegetarian/vegan recipes. I'd like some that include meat. I am a bit of a picky eater. So, nothing weird, please. Love you all.

Nori

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What I have found that works for me is using flavor enhancers that have few or zero calories to lean meat/fish as well as zero calorie butter product. Walden farms www.waldenfarms.com has everything from barbecue sauces, salad dressings, coffee creamers, pancake syrups, ketchup, mayos, veggie/chip dips, fruit spreads, Italian sauces, etc ... minus fat and calories.

For a healthy, diabetic friendly soup that can be made within 5 minutes give or take:

If you enjoy soup, Nashua Nutrition (or other similar brands) cream of chicken soup. After cooking the soup, I add a small amount of shredded white chicken and spinach/kaleor Swiss chard and a dash of Parkay Vegetable Oil (0 calories or fat) along w/ pepper, garlic and onion powder. My 73 year old mother even loves this soup even though she doesn’t care for those vegetables.

It’s not so much the dish but rather the ingredients that makes it unhealthy.

Also, this website seems to have a variety of recipes:

https://diabetesstrong.com/recipes/

Last edited:

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What I have found that works for me is using flavor enhancers that have few or zero calories to lean meat/fish as well as zero calorie butter product. Walden farms www.waldenfarms.com has everything from barbecue sauces, salad dressings, coffee creamers, pancake syrups, ketchup, mayos, veggie/chip dips, fruit spreads, Italian sauces, etc ... minus fat and calories.

For a healthy, diabetic friendly soup that can be made within 5 minutes give or take:

If you enjoy soup, Nashua Nutrition (or other similar brands) cream of chicken soup. After cooking the soup, I add a small amount of shredded white chicken and spinach/kaleor Swiss chard and a dash of Parkay Vegetable Oil (0 calories or fat) along w/ pepper, garlic and onion powder. My 73 year old mother even loves this soup even though she doesn’t care for those vegetables.

It’s not so much the dish but rather the ingredients that makes it unhealthy.

Also, this website seems to have a variety of recipes:

https://diabetesstrong.com/recipes/

And thank you, Rusha. Some of the recipes on the second site you gave me look good. I don't know how long it will be before I start trying some of them.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are welcome. BTW, I found a sugar-free product this week while shopping at Walmart. It’s called G. Hughes.

It offers barbecue and dipping sauces, ketchup, steak sauce and marinades. The orange-ginger marinade and barbecue sauces are pretty good, minus the sugar and calories. The website also offers recipes. So if you are interested, the website is:

www.ghughessugarfree.com

Last edited:

Truster

I was diagnosed with type two 8 years ago. My readings were sky-high. I had some results back yesterday and the nurse was bouncing with excitement. My readings were all in the safe levels. My diet routine is simply eating whatever I like and do so with moderation, gratefulness and without fear.