Older Men with Younger Women

The Berean

This caught me eye in the news. Keanu Reeves is dating a 46 year old woman and many in the press are hailing Reeves as a "hero" for dating a woman close to his age. Apparently, many in the media get upset when an older man dates/marries a much younger woman. My question is why do they care if an older man dates/marries a younger woman?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e-keanu-reeves

NOTE: The Thread title is a typo! It should read "Older Men with Younger Women".

Can a mod fix the title?

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It appears superficial, IMO. Driven by money, power, and ego.

The Berean

It appears superficial, IMO. Driven by money, power, and ego.

Even if that were true why do people car so much? Since they do not know the couple personally or the inter workings of the couple's relationship they are just making an uniformed judgement.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Even if that were true why do people car so much? Since they do not know the couple personally or the inter workings of the couple's relationship they are just making an uniformed judgement.

To Rusha's point....boy-toys and trophy-wives have been traditionally scorned. Seems a superficial mockery of love and commitment. This might not always be the case nor fair....but that's the perception.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
This caught me eye in the news. Keanu Reeves is dating a 46 year old woman and many in the press are hailing Reeves as a "hero" for dating a woman close to his age. Apparently, many in the media get upset when an older man dates/marries a much younger woman. My question is why do they care if an older man dates/marries a younger woman?

NOTE: The Thread title is a typo! It should read "Older Men with Younger Women".

Can a mod fix the title?

If a mod can fix the title of this thread, they should change it to read, "The Jimmy Page", after Jimmy Page, from Led Zeppelin.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Often, a 50-something and a 20-something are more physically compatible that either would be with a partner their own age. And that applies to either sex.

genuineoriginal

There is a difference between what makes a woman attractive to someone looking for a new relationship and what makes a man attractive to someone looking for a new relationship.
A lot of it is related to whether a person appears biologically able to have children.
A man is able to father children even into old age, so the physical appearance of an aging man is not much of a factor.
A woman's prime childbearing years are when she is between 17 and 32 years old, so the physical appearance of an aging woman is a factor.

What Does It Mean When a Woman ‘Hits the Wall’?

when someone says that a woman has hit the wall, it means that the woman is unable to use her looks, charm or beauty to lure a man and make use of his material possessions.

Some men don’t prefer a woman who has hit the wall because firstly, they want to be with attractive companions and secondly, they want to pair up with women who can not only give birth to healthy children but also help raise them.

When a woman has hit the wall or is about to hit a wall, men who were earlier craving for her attention don’t want to get romantically or sexually involved with the woman because they think that she is not good enough (in looks and age).

genuineoriginal

Study Shows Men Prefer Looks, Women Prefer ‘Social Status’

A new study has confirmed what a number of people already believe: when looking for a partner, men place much more emphasis on the physical beauty of their prospective mate while women look for someone who has high social status (which could very well be translated as money.)

Here’s what the authors of the study stated:

Two key factors are thought to drive sex differences in human mate preferences. First, because fertility declines faster with age and requires a larger physiological cost for women than men, men are hypothesized to show stronger preferences for physical cues of reproductive capacity (e.g. youth, health and good nutritional status) in women than women do when assessing the attractiveness of potential mates [1]. Second, women bear greater costs of obligatory parental investment (i.e. pregnancy and lactation) than men do, meaning they have both a greater need for resources and reduced ability to obtain resources. Consequently, women are hypothesized to show stronger preferences for cues of the capability to invest resources in offspring when assessing men’s attractiveness as long-term partners

The Berean

There is a difference between what makes a woman attractive to someone looking for a new relationship and what makes a man attractive to someone looking for a new relationship.
A lot of it is related to whether a person appears biologically able to have children.
A man is able to father children even into old age, so the physical appearance of an aging man is not much of a factor.
A woman's prime childbearing years are when she is between 17 and 32 years old, so the physical appearance of an aging woman is a factor.

What Does It Mean When a Woman ‘Hits the Wall’?

when someone says that a woman has hit the wall, it means that the woman is unable to use her looks, charm or beauty to lure a man and make use of his material possessions.

Some men don’t prefer a woman who has hit the wall because firstly, they want to be with attractive companions and secondly, they want to pair up with women who can not only give birth to healthy children but also help raise them.

When a woman has hit the wall or is about to hit a wall, men who were earlier craving for her attention don’t want to get romantically or sexually involved with the woman because they think that she is not good enough (in looks and age).

And today there are more and more women hitting the wall single and childless. They spent their young adulthood "having fun". I remember recently I was talking to an acquaintance who is 43 years old. Never married never had children. Now, she's she wants children. I straight out told her she should have had children 15-17 years ago. She looked at me and grudgingly admitted I was right. Instead she wasted her youth on the "eat, pray, love" garbage philosophy.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And today there are more and more women hitting the wall single and childless. They spent their young adulthood "having fun". I remember recently I was talking to an acquaintance who is 43 years old. Never married never had children. Now, she's she wants children. I straight out told her she should have had children 15-17 years ago. She looked at me and grudgingly admitted I was right. Instead she wasted her youth on the "eat, pray, love" garbage philosophy.

I hope you encouraged her to consider adoption

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Sorry to take so long responding back.

I can only answer as to why I care. As a mother and woman, I want women to respect and value themselves. Marriage should be about love and compatibility. Goals and mutual respect matters.

ok doser

Sorry to take so long responding back.

I can only answer as to why I care. As a mother and woman, I want women to respect and value themselves.

Why would that be affected by an age differential?

Marriage should be about love and compatibility.

Why would those be affected by an age differential?

Goals and mutual respect matters.

Why would those be affected by an age differential?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Can a mod fix the title?

Fixed the Title. Cheers!

The Berean

A difficult topic for feminists, who typically think that women should be able to do anything they want without facing consequences

Modern feminism is a crazy, insane, spiritually wicked philosophy. I truly believe it destroys women's lives and is the main cause of substantial female/male conflict. This has led to an entire generation of women who are now nearing middle age single and childless. Many of them, will die alone. It's truly sad, actually. Feminism tells women to be as promiscuous as they want to be without realizing that men tend to not be attracted to promiscuous women when it comes to finding a wife or long term mate.

ok doser

Modern feminism is a crazy, insane, spiritually wicked philosophy. I truly believe it destroys women's lives and is the main cause of substantial female/male conflict. This has led to an entire generation of women who are now nearing middle age single and childless. Many of them, will die alone. It's truly sad, actually. Feminism tells women to be as promiscuous as they want to be without realizing that men tend to not be attracted to promiscuous women when it comes to finding a wife or long term mate.

:think :

Found it!

https://theologyonline.com/forum/po...haven-t-done-a-single-thing-wrong?postcount=6