One Sentence Movie Reviews

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Cars 2: it's not a lemon but Pixar finally made a movie for kids that's mostly for kids, which is almost as disappointing as it is surprising.

The Campaign: take the less funny elements of Talledega Nights, add a great deal more profanity and just enough genuinely funny moments to keep it from being a disaster on the order of Land of the Lost and you have a disjointed Campaign that's unlikely to find anyone clamoring for four more, or two, or one.

Son of Jack

The Hobbit: An Expected Journey: This was a beautifully done and incredibly charming opening to a new trilogy, exploring the world of Middle Earth and the life of hobbits. Loved it.

Les Miserables: Words won't, can't, do this film justice, as it was an instant classic, a masterpiece...perhaps the Gospel in song. Superb.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Not a review, but this Lincoln looks terrific. There are two trailers. This one takes a few seconds to get to the movie but showcases better and ends on a "powerful" note.

Lincoln
If you have yet to see the movie read this at your own risk.
Spoiler
Lincoln gets shot; while at a play at Ford's Theater.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you have yet to see the movie [Lincoln] read this at your own risk.
Spoiler
Lincoln gets shot; while at a play at Ford's Theater.
:mmph: Well, thanks...at least now the whole "Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?" joke makes sense.

So that's something. :plain:

MIB III: better than advertised and gives the entire series emotional gravitas it didn't have before---an anti-Matrix then. :eek:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
MIB III: better than advertised and gives the entire series emotional gravitas it didn't have before---an anti-Matrix then. :eek:
I've yet to see it, but based on the trailers for this, and the ones for W, I am amazed at Josh Brolin's impersonation skills.

I'm looking forward to seeing it soon, though.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I've yet to see it, but based on the trailers for this, and the ones for W, I am amazed at Josh Brolin's impersonation skills.

I'm looking forward to seeing it soon, though.
Let me know what you think of it. I think it was the best of the trio, with the second being overly criticized if light and disposable. Brolin is excellent.

Breaking Dawn Part 2

Good end to the film series. I haven't read any of the books or seen more than the first two movies in the series, but my wife has read all the books and bought all the DVDs. I guess this was a chick-flik.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Breaking Dawn Part 2

Good end to the film series. I haven't read any of the books or seen more than the first two movies in the series, but my wife has read all the books and bought all the DVDs. I guess this was a chick-flik.
I'm waiting for: Breaking Dawn 2: Electric Boogaloo. :plain: I'm told there'll be a dance number.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Joyful noise: imagine Glee set in a church backdrop and with less wit, poorer character development and even less of a moral compass...really.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hope Springs: the only way to make watching this movie a less entertaining and more uncomfortable mess would have been to invite my parents to the screening. :rip:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Vertigo is a great picture, yet Streetcar Named Desire was better, so was Sunset Boulevard, all for the same reason.