One Sentence Movie Reviews

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Marriage Story - I like Adam Driver and I like Scarlett Johansson but I don't get the hype, all I could think of was ABC Afterschool Special.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Disney+ has a great one in Togo, the story of the real hero of a 1925 diphtheria serum run to Nome, Alaska. While Balto received the lion's share of the glory and a statue in NYC's Central Park, he actually only ran the final 30 miles, the same distance several other dog sled teams ran before his relay hand-off on the home stretch. Undersized and pushing old age for a sled dog, Togo's initial run covered 250 of the most dangerous miles. He even managed to pull the sled and team behind him to safety in a broken ice flow. That narrative, mixed with the developing relationship between him and his owner/trainer, makes for an immensely satisfying film.

genuineoriginal

Brevity is golden. Title and one line that sums up why we should or shouldn't care about the movie.
Disney+ has a great one in Togo, the story of the real hero of a 1925 diphtheria serum run to Nome, Alaska. While Balto received the lion's share of the glory and a statue in NYC's Central Park, he actually only ran the final 30 miles, the same distance several other dog sled teams ran before his relay hand-off on the home stretch. Undersized and pushing old age for a sled dog, Togo's initial run covered 250 of the most dangerous miles. He even managed to pull the sled and team behind him to safety in a broken ice flow. That narrative, mixed with the developing relationship between him and his owner/trainer, makes for an immensely satisfying film.
That looks like more than one line.