Grosnick Marowbe 3

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It didn't take much to reach that goal. There was no strain to reach it with the way the thread was progressing.
He knew that when he said he would quit posting here.
Get a clue, Chrys.

the only strain was on you who posted more than all the others combined

meshak

BANNED
Banned
TRANSLATION: Tam sees me for what I am and calls me on it.

Oddly enough, many of these wolves do not treat me as they treat you even though I do not profess to be a Christian.

Then again, I don't have a *persecution complex*.
good day rusha:)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It didn't take much to reach that goal. There was no strain to reach it with the way the thread was progressing.
He knew that when he said he would quit posting here.
Get a clue, Chrys.

It isn't that he doesn't understand. He's distracting you and changing focus. That's what he does. He's aggressive in inquiry to an end. He hides in plain sight by means of that very thing. And he's much better at it than his old partner was, which almost makes me feel like apologizing. Almost.

I'm going to go into a book I read by a brilliant psychiatrist, M. Scott Peck, who was of the Body and is now with God. It's a discussion in part of the banality of evil in our lives and an examination of a personality type that promotes it. At the end of that discussion you'll understand why Chrys is unlikely to ever contribute, why he not only doesn't but can't meaningfully apologize or see a harm he works, his responsibility in GM's exile, why when caught in a lie or hypocritical practice he simply steps over it or justifies it with some service to an end he has set in place. It's why he can label people who appear to share a common end as though they were enemies and concentrate of a divisive method that doesn't actually hold promise of resolving an issue he claims to be invested in. It's also why he can be relatively charming so long as you hold some utility and remarkably indifferent the moment you don't.

He's a rather classic study. And the only reason I didn't see it earlier was that he's that good at it. But it does explain why he found Sod useful and why and how he's manipulated meshak and GM, assuming the latter isn't a sock puppet.

Sometime in the near future I'll do a break down of the book and you can apply it as you see fit, but I think you'll have a real "wow" moment.

:e4e:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I keep coming back to

why are those who call themselves Christians so mean to each other?

this is what grosnick was addressing

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It isn't that he doesn't understand. He's distracting you and changing focus. That's what he does.
He tried, but I don't think many really buy it (except for clueless Meshak).

There is only one person responsible for GM no longer posting here, and that is GM.
GM was OK in my book.
And I wouldn't have stopped posting in that thread no matter who made such a wild wager.

zoo22

He tried, but I don't think many really buy it (except for clueless Meshak).

There is only one person responsible for GM no longer posting here, and that is GM.
GM was OK in my book.
And I wouldn't have stopped posting in that thread no matter who made such a wild wager.

What was the wager?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What was the wager?
That when the thread reached 6000 posts and 60,000 view hits by the 21st, he would quit posting on this site.

At the rate the thread was going, it was a shoe in.
He knew that. We all did.
And in fact it reached that point several days earlier than the 21st.

zoo22

That when the thread reached 6000 posts and 60,000 view hits by the 21st, he would quit posting on this site.

At the rate the thread was going, it was a shoe in.
He knew that. We all did.
And in fact it reached that point several days earlier than the 21st.

Oh, I basically knew that was going on.

That just doesn't seem much like a wager. I thought he wanted it to get there.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Oh, I basically knew that was going on.

That just doesn't seem much like a wager. I thought he wanted it to get there.

everyone agrees that we would have reached those numbers by 21 June
so
why did he make a deal that wasn't necessary?

just to see who would work the hardest to get rid of him
and
he succeeded

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
so

and
he succeeded
Time for a rethink. You started that thread to keep Grosnick here at TOL. He suckered you into believing that you had succeeded and then he pulled the plug.

zoo22

so

Because he was bored and wanted to leave? I mean, let's be honest: it was a pretty boring thread, aside from the numbers. And his "look at me" shtick had gotten pretty old, I'd think even to him.

and
he succeeded

I don't think so. I thought he wanted have a spotlight on himself in his exit, and a nice big bow wrapping up the thread. In a way, similar to when he deleted all of his posts before leaving before. The grand gesture.

That was my impression. And yeah, in that he succeeded.

He liked the spotlights, was very self-focused. The "what do you think about me" threads and whatnot.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
We must surely all agree that Chrys uses the avatar of a loser. It is how he self identifies.