A Momentary Life...

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Fall is coming this next week, it is the best time for golf. My father loved fall day golfing, but he never was old enough to like the walking more than the playing.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
One post is trolling now? I told a harmless joke. This is a momentary life.
I'd rather keep the gloves up in this thread PJ. It's more the nature of your humor. If you want to be crass create your own thread for that. I'd like this one to have a higher bar.

Must, and no one is going to confuse us as pals, offered something in the spirit of the thread. I could have phrased the objection better, but given your posting in another thread where you and another poster seemed more interested in distracting than contributing, I'd seen that circus and was weary of it.

Reactions: Lon

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Fall is coming this next week, it is the best time for golf. My father loved fall day golfing, but he never was old enough to like the walking more than the playing.
My favorite part of the game is walking the course when the weather is beautiful. My father has played most of the major courses and even took his bag to Scotland. I'd rather walk and watch...and most of the people who've seen me play would rather I do that too. :)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
My favorite part of the game is walking the course when the weather is beautiful. My father has played most of the major courses and even took his bag to Scotland. I'd rather walk and watch...and most of the people who've seen me play would rather I do that too. :)

No one wanted to play today, so I am going for a long walk in the park.:juggle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A note to my father left earlier...

A tough day ended well. Watched the Astros win game seven. Thanks for great company, dad.
I hope it made up for my remark earlier today (at the bank drive through line) that I was sure I heard someone say, "Woo-hoo, we're still in business!" as your check went through the pneumatic tube.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Relating a story I heard elsewhere...

A husband and wife were driving through Louisiana. As they approached Natchitoches, they decided to have lunch there, but started arguing about the pronunciation of the town's name.

They argued back a
nd forth until they stood together at a counter where the husband asked the blonde waiting to take their order, "Could you settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are very slowly?"

The young woman leaned over the counter and said, "Burrr-gerrr Kiiing."

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
"When God gets us alone by affliction, heartbreak, or temptation, by disappointment, sickness, or by thwarted affection— when He gets us absolutely alone, and we are dumbfounded and cannot ask one question, then He begins to expound." Oswald Chambers

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Took the Ancestry DNA kit and the results came back today. Jack's came in yesterday.

Me - Jack

49% Ireland/Scotland/Wales - 32%
36% European West - 15%
6% Great Britain - 22%
3% Scandinavian - 8%
1% Iberian Peninsula - 12%
1% European East - 9%
1% Caucasus - less than 1%

Jack also has Finland/North West Russia 1%

:idunno:
How do you do that?

And the other thing, is that I've been paying attention to the night sky recently, how the constellations move around with the seasons. Of course, it's us who are moving around, since the constellations have been the same for millennia, but it's very curious to watch the Big Dipper and Little Dipper, and now Orion, in different places in the sky than from the summer. I've also been struck at the fact that all these stars are always up there, shining down on us, and that it's only when we've rotated away from the sun that they are visible. And, that our atmosphere is crystal clear, in order for us to be able to see these stars, shining from hundreds, thousands, millions, and many millions of light years away. And finally, that in looking up at the stars in the night sky, we are not seeing the night sky, so much as we are seeing into outer space itself. And even more than that, that we are in outer space, and the only thing keeping me breathing is this crystal clear sea of air that envelops the earth, protecting us from the dark nothingness.

All of this is because I'm now taking a dog out for its night time bathroom run, and there's not much else going on out there. :chuckle: