A Momentary Life...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Had a great morning. First day of a nearly four week break between semesters and I was wondering what to do with it when God nudged me in a direction. Love it when that happens. Hadn't had a thought of the little church on the hill that I attend and the next thing I know I'm led to clean it...couldn't have been clearer if my mother had walked into the room and said, "You know, since you have this free time, you should go give the church a good cleaning." So I call the wife to tell here where I'll be, pack up the gear and before you know it I'm cleaning laughing and singing in my church. More work than I thought it would be. Best sweat I've broken in a while and the place needed it...it's always fine when God gives us something to do for His pleasure. A real and present blessing. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Life can shatter anyone. None of us are invulnerable to suffering, pain, doubt, tragedy. But God is capable of mending every broken thing that forms us. And everything that's broken and mends is stronger for it.

Don't be afraid of breaking...and if you do, have faith that you will mend.

God bless you in whatever pain, trial, or other adversity you find yourself addressing.

theophilus

Life can shatter anyone. None of us are invulnerable to suffering, pain, doubt, tragedy. But God is capable of mending every broken thing that forms us. And everything that's broken and mends is stronger for it.

God bless you in whatever pain, trial, or other adversity you find yourself addressing.

For board readers:

A. W. Pink wrote a book titled "The Holy Spirit." One of the chapters presents the Holy Spirit as "the God of all comfort." This chapter is a real eye-opener on God's purposes in pain and suffering, trial and oppression.

This book is worth pulling the .pdf off the web or springing for the cost of the book.

James 1:2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

:)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
For board readers:

A. W. Pink wrote a book titled "The Holy Spirit." One of the chapters presents the Holy Spirit as "the God of all comfort." This chapter is a real eye-opener on God's purposes in pain and suffering, trial and oppression.

This book is worth pulling the .pdf off the web or springing for the cost of the book.

James 1:2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

:)

Easier said than done

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Easy to say when things are OK

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Easy to say when things are OK
I don't take your point. Are you suggesting that the only meaningful counsel is found within a similar suffering or that we should be less confident in God during a time of trouble?

I didn't come to this understanding from a lack of experience. There was nothing "easy" in the instruction.

So...

theophilus

I first heard this song on the radio about two months ago...I still have much to learn from it and I know there is a message in it for me.

"Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" `Danny Gokey

You're shattered
Like you've never been before
The life you knew
In a thousand pieces on the floor
And words fall short in times like these
When this world drives you to your knees
You think you're never gonna get back
To the you that used to be

Tell your heart to beat again
Close your eyes and breathe it in
Let the shadows fall away
Step into the light of grace
Yesterday's a closing door
You don't live there anymore
Say goodbye to where you've been
And tell your heart to beat again

Beginning
Just let that word wash over you
It's alright now
Love's healing hands have pulled you through
So get back up, take step one
Leave the darkness, feel the sun
'Cause your story's far from over
And your journey's just begun

Let every heartbreak
And every scar
Be a picture that reminds you
Who has carried you this far
'Cause love sees farther than you ever could
In this moment heaven's working
Everything for your good

Your heart to beat again
Beat again

Oh, so tell your heart to beat again

*I can't post or open YouTube links from this PC.

~Teryl

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There's a cat that comes around every evening about dinnertime and starts to meow below the windows of my apartment building. He (I think it's a he, if it's a she, she has quite a commanding voice) belongs to my next door neighbor, we're both on the second floor. So he starts meowing, and it's not at all a little meow, more like he's hitting himself over the head with a rubber mallet and going "OW! OW! OW!"

So when he starts his nightly routine, I wait for it... wait for it...

And from the window below mine, right on schedule:

"BASTA!!"

:chuckle:

They're both as regular as clockwork.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
~Life is a book containing chapters and acts, but has no map or lexicon to match.
But there is a match to light the way, with a sword to match and a path to lay~

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence. – 1 Peter 3:15

Placed that in Psalmist's thread the other day. First, because I wanted the thread to continue and more because I thought how well it suited him and how I'm going to miss that rare example.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Easy recipe for stove top prepared chicken. You'll need a few boneless, skinless chicken breasts, a pan with a solid sealing lid, a little salt and pepper, olive oil and/or butter.

Turn your stove top to medium high heat and let the pan warm. Place olive oil and/or butter and swirl in the pan for a light coating.

You can either coat your chicken in a light meal or just salt and pepper both sides.

Place the chicken in the pan and let cook on one side for a minute or two. You aren't browning them really, more sealing juices by side.

Anyway, once you've done that flip to the other side put your lid on the pan, lower the heat to low and set your timer for 10 minutes.

After the 10 minutes are up, remove from heat (still leaving the lid on) and set the timer for 10 more minutes.

After the second 10 minutes it's time to eat. Personally, I slice the breasts into strips. Great on a salad or with mixed vegetables.

Really tasty.

Another thing you can do with chicken for grilling is to find Wishbone Italian dressing and marinate the tenders or breasts in it half an hour or more before grilling. Has a really interesting taste. :chew:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Mr. Heretic, that sounds delicious. Thank you for a nice stove top chicken recipe!
I was skeptical until I tried it. Worked like a charm. Now you might want to mallet your chicken breasts (or use a glass jar) to make them cook more evenly. It's a pretty quick and easy recipe. Those are always welcome in a busy household.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Another thing, for people who like to marinade but hate the extra dish to wash. Buy medium resealable bags and place the meat and marinade in that. No mess, you can turn them at will, they won't leave any odors in your refrigerator and there's no extra clean up.