A Momentary Life...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.

Whenever I get the desire to judge this comes to mind and I supplant the first impulse with gratitude and a prayer that those who have yet to discover it will, in time. God keep you, find you and transform you.

glorydaz

4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.

Whenever I get the desire to judge this comes to mind and I supplant the first impulse with gratitude and a prayer that those who have yet to discover it will, in time. God keep you, find you and transform you.

We shouldn't be reluctant to judge....as long as our motives are pure. It doesn't matter one whit what others may think, if you know in your heart you're judging rightly.

Titus 1:15
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.​

I've thought of this a lot lately as I've seen so many people claiming my heart is cold...that I have no sympathy, etc. I know the state of my heart so I let those comments flow like water off a duck's back. What I will not do is let the fear of being called judgmental etc. keep me from judging rightly and speaking the truth. Sometimes it's too easy to think that time will take care of it....it's not worth the effort, but I don't think we're called to shirk our responsibility for expediency's sake. Press on toward the mark.....

Just a word of encouragement, brother. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So I had an early morning scare...had a ride in an ambulance after waking short of breath and with a pulse rate of 133. To put that in perspective, my normal resting heart rate is in the mid-fifties. I'm in pretty good cardiovascular health. Long story short, I had caramel corn with, unbeknownst to me, soy sauce as an ingredient. Long story short, I was flirting with anaphylaxis. On the plus side, my heart is great. :plain:

So, I'm going to have to pay closer attention to that ingredient from here on. Sheesh.

PureX

So I had an early morning scare...had a ride in an ambulance after waking short of breath and with a pulse rate of 133. To put that in perspective, my normal resting heart rate is in the mid-fifties. I'm in pretty good cardiovascular health. Long story short, I had caramel corn with, unbeknownst to me, soy sauce as an ingredient. Long story short, I was flirting with anaphylaxis. On the plus side, my heart is great. :plain:

So, I'm going to have to pay closer attention to that ingredient from here on. Sheesh.
It's always something, isn't it?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ran across this musing of mine from a few years back while weeding through facebook, "Without an absolute moral foundation and an independent moral arbiter any talk of truth or falsity, good or evil or estimation of value beyond the fun house mirror of self-interest is as relevant and meaningful as a crossword puzzle designed by the illiterate for the blind."

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Glad you're ok. I recently had a heart stress test and they had me get on the treadmill until my heart rate hit 150, then they ran the tests. I almost died :chuckle: - the old black nurse told me "stop hyperventilating" -

Anyway, my heart tested ok

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Today I'm thinking this might be a good contemplation:

[h=2]Hosea 6:1-2[/h]1 “Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. 2 After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence."

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
♫ Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound
Of silence♫

I've made most of my deepest discoveries of reason, and epiphanies, within the confines of solitude in the night.

I'm deep like that :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
♫ Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound
Of silence♫

I've made most of my deepest discoveries of reason, and epiphanies, within the confines of solitude in the night.

I'm deep like that :)

How Deep Is Your Love ?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Today's secret to a long and happy marriage: make your partner laugh at least once a day...hopefully when you mean for them to, but take what you can get. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Uh-oh...here comes the history channel. Before you know it we'll all be knee deep in reality posts. :noid:

On an unrelated note, a female friend of mine had a birthday the other day. So I wrote, "I can't believe you're finally twenty-five...but who could? Happy Birthday!"

I think she unfriended me. :plain:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I drove on eight different freeways today: the 5, 52, 805, 15, 163, 8, 125 and 94.

I don't usually use the navigation system in my car because it frustrates the living daylights out of me and I usually give up trying to tell it where I want to go and it frequently fails to get me there. Well, I thought I'd try to salvage the relationship today, but I don't think we're going to make it. I'm driving along the freeway with a couple miles to go before the turnoff and it pipes up with. "Go right... and then... go left."

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I drove on eight different freeways today: the 5, 52, 805, 15, 163, 8, 125 and 94.

I don't usually use the navigation system in my car because it frustrates the living daylights out of me and I usually give up trying to tell it where I want to go and it frequently fails to get me there. Well, I thought I'd try to salvage the relationship today, but I don't think we're going to make it. I'm driving along the freeway with a couple miles to go before the turnoff and it pipes up with. "Go right... and then... go left."

I will always prefer paper maps.