A Momentary Life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sherman View Post
    If anyone comes here to engage in personal attacks, I don't care who you are, you will be booted from this thread.

From the TOL rules:

"Please do not marginalize TOL threads or TOL members, the topics and threads that interest some TOL members might not interest you. Just ignore threads and TOL members that do not interest you."
    Appreciated. I didn't enter any thread to start trouble, only to share something that I felt might have value. I understand not everyone will agree with me on any particular point, but I think honest disagreement about a topic can and should be held above the belt. I'm glad to see you continuing to hold that line here.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

• I abominate the practice of picking at someone because of disagreement with views. It just is not productive. Rather it is childish. Instead let's have civil debate.

That being said, don't engage or discuss the folks that pick at you. That way they won't have an excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
        I didn't enter any thread to start trouble, only to share something that I felt might have value.
        Several people disagree with your assessment. Are you here to discuss your ideas or are you truly a coward?
        I think honest disagreement about a topic can and should be held above the belt.
        What you think is irrelevant.

If you want a discussion, have one.

If you don't, there's the door.
        Where is the evidence for a global flood?
        E≈mc2
        "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
        -Bob B.

Comment

• "I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" (Eph.4:1-3).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
            "I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" (Eph.4:1-3).
            I like that, Jerry. Thanks for sharing it.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherman View Post
              If anyone comes here to engage in personal attacks, I don't care who you are, you will be booted from this thread.
              Where did my posts go?
              E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

• Seriously. Where did they go?
                E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                  Seriously. Where did they go?
                  Well, they were probably removed.
                  Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

• Found 'em:

There's not much use in saying [you don't agree with Jerry]; you don't have a systematic basis from which to discuss the issue. You use emotive language to talk about a man's eternity, which means you can simply refuse to acknowledge the internal consistency of an objection raised against your ideas.

For example, you speak of a man "losing his faith," which can look like it means they have given up their salvation, but then when called on it, you start talking about simple faithlessness — which is an entirely different thing.

You're not engaging in any fashion [with AMR] designed to reach a conclusion. You need a systematic theology and to stick to it if you want to be convincing. Facts don't care about your feelings.

H/T to the dude who pointed out that the reports in the Woodshed held the text.
                    E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

• One of my students asked me if people were vertebrates or invertebrates. I answered with vertebrates, but admitted that recently there had been reason to question whether or not that rule extended to the Commissioner of the NFL.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Fill your mind with cynicism and you leave no room for faith.

Fill your heart with anger and you leave no room for hope.

Fill your soul with with judgement and you leave no room for love.

Fill your day with each of these and you leave no room for God.

Pro-Life

Comment

• "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?" - Robert Browning

Comment

• There's not much use in saying [you don't agree with Jerry]; you don't have a systematic basis from which to discuss the issue. You use emotive language to talk about a man's eternity, which means you can simply refuse to acknowledge the internal consistency of an objection raised against your ideas.

For example, you speak of a man "losing his faith," which can look like it means they have given up their salvation, but then when called on it, you start talking about simple faithlessness — which is an entirely different thing.

You're not engaging in any fashion [with AMR] designed to reach a conclusion. You need a systematic theology and to stick to it if you want to be convincing. Facts don't care about your feelings.

E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                              Found 'em:

There's not much use in saying [you don't agree with Jerry]; you don't have a systematic basis from which to discuss the issue. You use emotive language to talk about a man's eternity, which means you can simply refuse to acknowledge the internal consistency of an objection raised against your ideas.

H/T to the dude who pointed out that the reports in the Woodshed held the text.
                              I love cruising the Woodshed. Lots of cool stuff in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                                I love cruising the Woodshed. Lots of cool stuff in there.

I wonder why we can't get a simple discussion going?

Beats all that whining.
                                E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

Working...
                                X