A Momentary Life...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
One of life's little pleasures is the other side of the pillow. I guess I've know about the other side since childhood but in the last year I really enjoy it. I always flip the pillow over right before sleeping now at it seems to help.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
How do you do that?

And the other thing, is that I've been paying attention to the night sky recently, how the constellations move around with the seasons. Of course, it's us who are moving around, since the constellations have been the same for millennia, but it's very curious to watch the Big Dipper and Little Dipper, and now Orion, in different places in the sky than from the summer.

All of this is because I'm now taking a dog out for its night time bathroom run, and there's not much else going on out there. :chuckle:

Morning's darker now;
The Hunter far above me
Walking to the pond.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The other day I was feeling somewhat sorry for myself. Various reasons, none of which held water under scrutiny.

I went downstairs and my daughter said, "I love you, Pa." She smiled and told me that she was happy and that she loved how beautiful the sun was as it reflected off the leaves on the trees just outside our window.

Sort of put things into perspective for me. Her life is fragile, and it may well be that her illness will take her out of this world sooner rather than later. Her love of all that is good and true made me realize how blessed I am to have her in my life and how my problems are all rather small.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
One of life's little pleasures is the other side of the pillow. I guess I've know about the other side since childhood but in the last year I really enjoy it. I always flip the pillow over right before sleeping now at it seems to help.

Every try a chillow? Love mine.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
About 3 weeks ago, I became aware of the flat earth possibility. It was a moment I'll never forget. It is a momentary life after all. I'd like to make people aware of the possibility that evolution is wrong and is a deception of the whole world and "outer space" is not 14 billion light years (as if they "measured it") and that's LIGHT YEARS not MILES. According to scripture and growing physical and scientific evidence, many believe the earth is flat or that it's possible. You decide. A little bit of research is required.

America's flat-Earth movement appears to be growing - Daily chart

Six Celebrities Who Honestly Believe The Earth Is Flat | IFLScience

Why do people still think the Earth is flat? - BBC News

More Americans are starting to believe Earth is flat - AOL News
abbc41f914aeaaeb575fea3a87835bfd.jpg

20171202_WOC302.png

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Never let it be said that PJ is without a sense of humor...or at least a joke.

Anyway, had a great experience today as I found out I'm first in my graduate class.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So I graduated the other day...it was a tough couple of semesters at the end. To give you some idea, both of my parents became wheelchair bound for a few months and needed regular trips to various doctors, along with help around the house, including meals. The summer session is always compressed and added to that stress were two of the most disorganized courses I've encountered. One professor had to quickly reassume a course she hadn't taught in a while and a good bit of her source material was dated and wouldn't function (an Educational Media course) so I ended up getting out in front of it, changing the sites and helping to keep the other students from losing their collective...the statistics course was taught by a brilliant woman whose materials and standards were all over the place. Then came the next semester, EdTPA (a 30 page reflection of a week of student teaching with 15 rubrics applied), student teaching with 10 page lesson plans per hour, two Praxis exams and weather interruptions.

:plain:

All of which had me feeling pretty good about the end result. I left with my head up, a 4.0, and as a member of both the educational and interdisciplinary honor societies, whose cords I displayed along with my cowl and an ear to ear grin. To top all of it, I received a special designation/honor from my university as the graduate/masters representative for the class.

I suppose what I'm really saying here is that inside the last two semesters I received a remarkable education regarding the value and power of prayer. :D

Now I have the summer off to pester you guys again.

drbrumley

So I graduated the other day...it was a tough couple of semesters at the end. To give you some idea, both of my parents became wheelchair bound for a few months and needed regular trips to various doctors, along with help around the house, including meals. The summer session is always compressed and added to that stress were two of the most disorganized courses I've encountered. One professor had to quickly reassume a course she hadn't taught in a while and a good bit of her source material was dated and wouldn't function (an Educational Media course) so I ended up getting out in front of it, changing the sites and helping to keep the other students from losing their collective...the statistics course was taught by a brilliant woman whose materials and standards were all over the place. Then came the next semester, EdTPA (a 30 page reflection of a week of student teaching with 15 rubrics applied), student teaching with 10 page lesson plans per hour, two Praxis exams and weather interruptions.

:plain:

All of which had me feeling pretty good about the end result. I left with my head up, a 4.0, and as a member of both the educational and interdisciplinary honor societies, whose cords I displayed along with my cowl and an ear to ear grin. To top all of it, I received a special designation/honor from my university as the graduate/masters representative for the class.

I suppose what I'm really saying here is that inside the last two semesters I received a remarkable education regarding the value and power of prayer. :D

Now I have the summer off to pester you guys again.

Well, congratulations to my Alabama nemesis and politically moderate friend. And there is power in prayer.

P.S. Keep your parents cared for.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A fellow told me that guns weren't the problem with gun violence, that people were.

But when I was a kid we ran around yelling "Bang!" and pointing fingers at half the kids in my neighborhood and everyone made it home for supper unscathed.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
An atheist friend of mine recently said, "The problem with you Christians is that you don't realize God is just a crutch."

I answered, "The problem with atheists is that they don't realize they're crippled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

fool

Hall of Fame
I told him that wasn't the problem and that, "The problem is that atheists don't realize they're cripples."

But I'm not crippled, I'm a species on the planet I evolved on. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, doing what I'm supposed to be doing, being what I'm supposed to be. I don't need redemption, salvation, or forgiveness. I won't apologize for my existence.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Last week, at the dog park, I met a former student. He's got a scholarship to UT Dallas (a tough school to get into) and has a soccer scholarship as well. Hispanic kid, whose dad owns a drywall business. Brilliant and engaging guy, who got all A's in AP classes.

He gave me his dad's card, in case I needed any work done. Told me how much fun he had in the labs we did. We admired each other's dogs, and laughed about old times.

Stuff like that keeps me up for days.

Danoh

Last week, at the dog park, I met a former student. He's got a scholarship to UT Dallas (a tough school to get into) and has a soccer scholarship as well. Hispanic kid, whose dad owns a drywall business. Brilliant and engaging guy, who got all A's in AP classes.

He gave me his dad's card, in case I needed any work done. Told me how much fun he had in the labs we did. We admired each other's dogs, and laughed about old times.

Stuff like that keeps me up for days.

Depending on who is doing the reading, that very last line there could easily be agreed with by the paronia of an extremist "conservative."

:chuckle:

Rom. 5:6-8.