All Things Jack

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Very nice, Jack has sure grown. Wow. It happens too fast...

What's the wheel thingy, and I love the last one with the big blue sky and the clouds. That's my kind of sky.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Very nice, Jack has sure grown. Wow. It happens too fast...

What's the wheel thingy, and I love the last one with the big blue sky and the clouds. That's my kind of sky.
The wheel bit was a da Vinci exhibit I went to the other day. The blue sky is a bridge on my way home from school.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Jack's such a cute little guy, but he's growing up way too fast.

That one of the deer in the field... beautiful. And the rose too. But the deer in the field.. wow.

I took a photo once of one of my calla lilies with fresh rain on it. I was happy at the time to have captured the moment, but for personal reasons, now when I look at the photo it makes me sad.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Jack's such a cute little guy, but he's growing up way too fast.
He surprised his preschool teacher the other day by describing the wisps of clouds above the playground as diaphanous. :eek:

That one of the deer in the field... beautiful. And the rose too. But the deer in the field.. wow.
Gratsi. But I may have to send you versions more directly. They're too fuzzy here. The deer photo went through a few versions. I took the color out section by section until I had the deer alone, then warmed them a little more and monkied with the tone mapping. The depth effect when it's crisp is nice. Had a lot of positive feedback from my photographer pals...I'm still learning the camera and compensating with editing skills I developed when I had a really lousy camera, but I'm getting there and enjoying the trip.

I took a photo once of one of my calla lilies with fresh rain on it.
Sounds lovely.

I was happy at the time to have captured the moment, but for personal reasons, now when I look at the photo it makes me sad.
I can understand that. I wrote a few tunes I still noodle on the piano, but one of them was a favorite of someone who isn't about anymore and it's changed the nature of it when I play it now. The "Wouldn't It Be Nice" effect, the way how you hear that song changes over time...

:cheers:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Town Quixote's is reopened. :D

If you let bad people dictate where you're comfortable you might as well pack up and move to Jersey. See you back at the old digs. This thread is for Jack.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Speaking of Jack, he was named ROAR student of the month in his Kindergarten class and the national testing came back, putting him in the top 10% of the nation's students in both math and reading. And they haven't seen him in full gear yet. The woman who was doing her doctoral thesis and concentration on gifted children was talking with a mutual friend of ours and he related that during their conversation about her work she said, "There are a number of gifted children in the [redacted] school system. And then there's one, named Jack, who really stands out, even inside that group."

He asked if she meant Jack [gave last name] and she said, "Then you've met him." :eek: