All Things Jack

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow ... he has gotten so big. Does he argue as much as his dear old dad? :think:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Obviously a great subject, with a cute, expressive face. But you've got the technical side of portraiture pretty well figured out. A camera with more low-light capability to suppress noise would make these professional quality.

But they are truly wonderful shots as they are. You will cherish every one of these in years to come, and wonder why you didn't take more. Keep shooting, my friend.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Obviously a great subject, with a cute, expressive face. But you've got the technical side of portraiture pretty well figured out. A camera with more low-light capability to suppress noise would make these professional quality.

But they are truly wonderful shots as they are. You will cherish every one of these in years to come, and wonder why you didn't take more. Keep shooting, my friend.
Thanks. It's a Sony, so...maybe a Cannon when I have the pockets for it but this is a good trainer and I've been happy with them on the whole.

mighty_duck

Great shots, TH. How old is Jack now?

Thanks. It's a Sony, so...maybe a Cannon when I have the pockets for it but this is a good trainer and I've been happy with them on the whole.
Sony vs Canon won't make much of a difference. Point and shoot vs large sensor (eg DSLR) is where you'll get a huge quality upgrade.

Make the leap. Trust me, you won't regret it. Consumer level DSLR's are just as easy to operate as a P&S, don't cost that much more, and will give you dramatically better pictures.

The cheapest right now is this for only $200 (not a DSLR, but quality is on par):
http://bensoutlet.com/products/panasonic-lumix-12mp

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

I don't mean to disparage them at all. Great composition beats anything else. And that, you have. Some Sonys do a lot better than some Canons, BTW.

And to make those pictures less noisy, there's a free solution...

http://www.neatimage.com/

The software is free indefinitely in the trial version, but you get more stuff in the other versions. Try it out. You can use it on your existing shots, and they will look even better than they do now.

It isn't magic, but I think it would be worth using on some of these shots. You should make a copy and try it on that, of course.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Great shots, TH. How old is Jack now?
He turns two in May, so twenty-one months.

Sony vs Canon won't make much of a difference. Point and shoot vs large sensor (eg DSLR) is where you'll get a huge quality upgrade.
Ah, someone told me Sony's were notorious for noise and that a Cannon D1 would be a good move.

Make the leap. Trust me, you won't regret it. Consumer level DSLR's are just as easy to operate as a P&S, don't cost that much more, and will give you dramatically better pictures.
:cheers:

The cheapest right now is this for only $200 (not a DSLR, but quality is on par):
http://bensoutlet.com/products/panasonic-lumix-12mp
Double :cheers:

And thanks for the link Barbarian. I've downloaded it.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jack is growing before your eyes...Great memory photos.