All Things Jack

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
This one:
attachment.php

Is really, really good. Rembrandt lighting gives a dramatic, emotional edge to the image that you don't see often in baby shots. But it plays nicely with the concentration on his face. Catchlights in the eyes are perfect.

I'd lose that bright light source to the right, though. It doesn't help. If you followed the rules, you'd have cropped out some of that black emptiness on the right, but somehow, it really works here. There's a tiny diffused shadow on the margin of his right cheek, I'd probably fix.

You could open up the shadows just a touch with some light tonemapping. And then it would be perfect.

Nice job. A beautiful kid, well captured.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Appreciate the notes everyone. Barbarian, I'm afraid I don't have any editing software. I just find the light and angles I like and crop a little. That's about it for now, but I appreciate the informed critique.

On other fronts, Jack's newest trick is threading straws into insulated water bottles. His hand eye is impressive for a one year old. :D

More photos to follow. :cheers:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Some good pics there, TH. He is getting big.
Thanks. The pond is in the back yard of my father's home. It covers around six acres all tolled. I'm going to have more photos of the rascal later or tomorrow.

Also, anyone have any idea when this will bump to a new page so it isn't stretched out so blasted much? :chuckle: