The Thread Where You Link To Stripe's Best Evidence-Based Posts

Flipper

Stripe is a big proponent of focusing on the evidence. He often accuses others of not providing evidence for their arguments, but it is becoming harder and harder to recall the last time he posted anything more substantial than questions, assertions and insults.

I know that Stripe cares about the truth and he's very adamant that large amounts of mainstream science is clearly and obviously wrong.

Therefore, it seems reasonable to assume he must have written many valuable posts on a range of scientific topics, so I have a created a thread where anyone can link to his most substantive and well-sourced science posts.

I think he squeezed out a couple on the subject of the mantle in the last year, but there surely must be more than that. Someone so dedicated to evidence could surely not expect everyone else to thoroughly substantiate and explain their positions while rarely doing the same himself.

Stripe is invited to post his own submission for the post of which he is proudest, although I don't think he will. Maybe he doesn't remember either?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's an oldie, but a goodie. Atheists think it is reasonable to believe landslides can travel hundreds of kilometres at express speeds...

..under water. :plain:

All it takes is one creationist to say it is a silly notion.

:mock: Pozzolame.

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or there's this doozy.. :chuckle:

ThePhy stormed into a discussion insisting that were the moon to change into an apple, its orbit would remain as it is. I disagreed without really understanding why. 15 pages later Phy was still insisting I was wrong about something. :chuckle:

Then Phy mysteriously disappeared. :idunno:

I'm sure he'll be back one day.

:mock: ThePhy.

Memento Mori

Or there's this doozy.. :chuckle:

ThePhy stormed into a discussion insisting that were the moon to change into an apple, its orbit would remain as it is. I disagreed without really understanding why. 15 pages later Phy was still insisting I was wrong about something. :chuckle:

Then Phy mysteriously disappeared. :idunno:

I'm sure he'll be back one day.

:mock: ThePhy.

I thought I posted the mathematical equations for that? In that you don't take into account the mass of the smaller object when it is significantly smaller and doesn't not account for a great amount of opposite pull on the larger object... But maybe I didn't? Who really knows?

zoo22

Stripe is a big proponent of focusing on the evidence. He often accuses others of not providing evidence for their arguments, but it is becoming harder and harder to recall the last time he posted anything more substantial than questions, assertions and insults.

I know that Stripe cares about the truth and he's very adamant that large amounts of mainstream science is clearly and obviously wrong.

Therefore, it seems reasonable to assume he must have written many valuable posts on a range of scientific topics, so I have a created a thread where anyone can link to his most substantive and well-sourced science posts.

I think he squeezed out a couple on the subject of the mantle in the last year, but there surely must be more than that. Someone so dedicated to evidence could surely not expect everyone else to thoroughly substantiate and explain their positions while rarely doing the same himself.

Stripe is invited to post his own submission for the post of which he is proudest, although I don't think he will. Maybe he doesn't remember either?

I'm reminded of what I consider a truly classic StripeScience™ thread (though it was back when Stripe was "Stipe," so it was still StipeScience™):

Why are planets and stars universally round?

If anyone's willing to actually read it from beginning to end and consider the entire thing, it's... Well, I find it remarkable.

It was a wonder. I'm still wondering.

:plain:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then there's the thread where I explain a few things about the moon to BJDavis. He asked me to back up an assertion I made, Dr. Watson and Barbie storm in and ridicule me and then I answer the question. Barbie, at least, had the sense to remain silent after that little humiliation...

:mock: Barbie.
:mock: Watties.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

So, dum dum, got anything to add to your lame little challenge here?

Atheists and evolutionists do not have an aversion to presenting their evidence. They have an aversion to creationists presenting YEC ideas. The evidence for the two groups consists of the same data and observations, but there are almost no cases where a valid point made by a creationist will be acknowledged by an evolutionist. BJDavis will do it, to his great credit. GSweet remains civil. The rest? Well, they rely on making inane posts about -
  • Kent Hovind.
  • Ex-nihilo.
  • The source of an idea.
  • Numerous links, youtube videos or abstracts that nobody ever reads.
  • Non sequiturs.
  • :yawn:
  • Posts declaring a YEC proponent too stupid to answer.
  • Advice to ignore given YEC proponent.
  • A counter-assault on an unrelated topic.
  • Misdirection, obfuscation, deliberate misunderstanding...
  • Or even whole threads dedicated to mocking given poster.
- instead of presenting the overwhelming evidence they claim exists for their religion.

Generally speaking, evolutionists are dishonest, conniving, stupid and pack bullies. Other than that though they're really nice guys. :idunno:

Last edited:

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
So, dum dum, got anything to add to your lame little challenge here?

Atheists and evolutionists do not have an aversion to presenting their evidence. They have an aversion to creationists presenting their ideas. The evidence for the two groups consists of the same data and observations, but there are almost no cases where a valid point made by a creationist will be acknowledged by an evolutionist. BJDavis will do it, to his great credit. GSweet remains civil. The rest? Well, they rely on making inane posts about -
  • Kent Hovind.
  • Ex-nihilo.
  • The source of an idea.
  • Numerous links, youtube videos or abstracts that nobody ever reads.
  • Non sequiturs.
  • :yawn:
  • Posts declaring a YEC proponent too stupid to answer.
  • Advice to ignore given YEC proponent.
  • Misdirection, obfuscation, deliberate misunderstanding...
  • Or even whole threads dedicated to mocking given poster.
- instead of presenting the overwhelming evidence they claim exists for their religion.

Generally speaking, evolutionists are dishonest, conniving, stupid and pack bullies. Other than that though they're really nice guys. :idunno:

I could not have said it better myself.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
As for evidence based posts, using the evidence that evolution uses to make its points, and making it make the creation point instead is valid. We use evidence. You guys simply deny its evidence because it contradicts you. Polonium halos are a prime example.

King Ogre

I hate to do it, but I have to. Generally speaking, Believers start wars, kill thousands of innocents, and molest kids because <-insert holy book-> said to.

But that would be generalizing, right?

King Ogre

No, that would be lying. But thanks for demonstrating admirably exactly what I am talking about. :thumb:

How is it lying? I really hate to do this. I hate take the role of 'that' atheist. Christians have spread death and chaos in the name of God (never mind God never commanded that), the Muslims go forth and spread death and chaos (which the Koran pretty much says to do), and Jewish teachings (the Talmud) say sex with three year olds is OK.

Don't deny that Christians, not Christianity, have done some heinous deeds, and I won't deny that atheists have done the same.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How is it lying? I really hate to do this. I hate take the role of 'that' atheist. Christians have spread death and chaos in the name of God (never mind God never commanded that), the Muslims go forth and spread death and chaos (which the Koran pretty much says to do), and Jewish teachings (the Talmud) say sex with three year olds is OK. Don't deny that Christians, not Christianity, have done some heinous deeds, and I won't deny that atheists have done the same.

Start your own thread on the subject and I'll ignore you there as well. :thumb:

King Ogre

Oh and for the record, this is a silly thread. Honestly, if you have an issue with someone, why not speak to them in private?