The Thread Where You Link To Stripe's Best Evidence-Based Posts

Flipper

So, dum dum, got anything to add to your lame little challenge here?

Only that I knew you'd be the only person to actually present any "serious" contenders (I would imagine that most of the people who agree with you, even if they could remember the last time you posted anything substantial and sourced, would soon tire of ploughing through all the cruft and handwaving to find it).

Furthermore, you found only three posts that you thought supported the challenge. One was from March 2009 (and was, in fact, an assertion followed by a demand that other people post evidence for their claims), one from January of this year, and another was from last month.

I find that both funny and rather sad in the light of your continual whining. Man up and start practicing what you preach. And next time you start bleating about how atheists never produce any evidence, we'll have this thread to link to.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only that I knew you'd be the only person to actually present any "serious" contenders (I would imagine that most of the people who agree with you, even if they could remember the last time you posted anything substantial and sourced, would soon tire of ploughing through all the cruft and handwaving to find it). Furthermore, you found only three posts that you thought supported the challenge. One was from March 2009 (and was, in fact, an assertion followed by a demand that other people post evidence for their claims), one from January of this year, and another was from last month. I find that both funny and rather sad in the light of your continual whining. Man up and start practicing what you preach. And next time you start bleating about how atheists never produce any evidence, we'll have this thread to link to.

:rotfl:

:mock: Flopper

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Atheists and evolutionists do not have an aversion to presenting their evidence. They have an aversion to creationists presenting YEC ideas. The evidence for the two groups consists of the same data and observations, but there are almost no cases where a valid point made by a creationist will be acknowledged by an evolutionist. BJDavis will do it, to his great credit. GSweet remains civil. The rest? Well, they rely on making inane posts about -
  • Kent Hovind.
  • Ex-nihilo.
  • The source of an idea.
  • Numerous links, youtube videos or abstracts that nobody ever reads.
  • Non sequiturs.
  • :yawn:
  • Posts declaring a YEC proponent too stupid to answer.
  • Advice to ignore given YEC proponent.
  • A counter-assault on an unrelated topic.
  • Misdirection, obfuscation, deliberate misunderstanding...
  • Or even whole threads dedicated to mocking given poster.
- instead of presenting the overwhelming evidence they claim exists for their religion.

Generally speaking, evolutionists are dishonest, conniving, stupid and pack bullies. Other than that though they're really nice guys. :idunno:
I'd vote to make this SPOTD.

Arthur Brain

Atheists and evolutionists do not have an aversion to presenting their evidence. They have an aversion to creationists presenting YEC ideas. The evidence for the two groups consists of the same data and observations, but there are almost no cases where a valid point made by a creationist will be acknowledged by an evolutionist. BJDavis will do it, to his great credit. GSweet remains civil. The rest? Well, they rely on making inane posts about -
  • Kent Hovind.
  • Ex-nihilo.
  • The source of an idea.
  • Numerous links, youtube videos or abstracts that nobody ever reads.
  • Non sequiturs.
  • :yawn:
  • Posts declaring a YEC proponent too stupid to answer.
  • Advice to ignore given YEC proponent.
  • A counter-assault on an unrelated topic.
  • Misdirection, obfuscation, deliberate misunderstanding...
  • Or even whole threads dedicated to mocking given poster.
- instead of presenting the overwhelming evidence they claim exists for their religion.

Generally speaking, evolutionists are dishonest, conniving, stupid and pack bullies. Other than that though they're really nice guys. :idunno:

Well the irony there is that it cuts both ways Stripe. It's true that there's plenty occasions where non YECers are guilty of some of what you describe, but to deny that you're culpable of misdirection, obfuscation and petty mockery is laughable frankly. And you're not the only one in fairness.

I've read through enough epics between yourself, Alate and Noguru amongst others to see that much alone. It's no surprise that people get frustrated.

Why dogged adherence to a woodenly literal approach to Genesis is so important to some of you guys is also bewildering. It does more damage to Christianity as a whole if you bothered to think about it. Then again I don't suppose the 'Fixed Earth' crowd care too much about that either. *sigh*

:plain:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well the irony there is that it cuts both ways Stripe. It's true that there's plenty occasions where non YECers are guilty of some of what you describe, but to deny that you're culpable of misdirection, obfuscation and petty mockery is laughable frankly. And you're not the only one in fairness.

Notice the atheist tactic - take a generalisation and reply with accusations of specifics. I said atheists were generally useless at honest exchange. If you were able to assess this situation honestly, Brain, you would say that generally speaking Christians on TOL are mean, dispiriting and disruptive.

And nothing could be further from the truth. I would count the Christians on this forum some of the closest friends I have ever had.

If only I had ever met them. :eek:

Arthur Brain

Notice the atheist tactic - take a generalisation and reply with accusations of specifics. I said atheists were generally useless at honest exchange. If you were able to assess this situation honestly, Brain, you would say that generally speaking Christians on TOL are mean, dispiriting and disruptive.

Well believe it or not I am trying to assess the situation honestly. With regards to atheists I don't judge them as an overall 'group' but rather what each has to say, the same incidentally with anyone else. Some troll, some don't, the same with Christians and others. There's no 'general tactic'. I'd also have to disagree that generally Christians here are mean, dispiriting and disruptive. There's too much of a broad scope and if anything I'd say it's the reverse. There's some vocal ones that I would apply to that category but not overall. Then again I find the more trollish posters are in the minority regardless of religious affiliation.

And nothing could be further from the truth. I would count the Christians on this forum some of the closest friends I have ever had.

If only I had ever met them. :eek:

Well as above. I can well believe it. I've made some very good Christian friends here myself.

:e4e:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then again I find the more trollish posters are in the minority regardless of religious affiliation.

:think: Atheists are always crying that they aren't religious...

Well believe it or not I am trying to assess the situation honestly.
Would you like to try again and reply in kind?

Show us how it is the case that the atheists generally have a civil and respectful attitude toward discussing evidence for YEC ideas.

Arthur Brain

:think: Atheists are always crying that they aren't religious...

I wouldn't say they're "crying" about it at all. Some are more inclined to make a point of it than others. And?

Would you like to try again and reply in kind?

Show us how it is the case that the atheists generally have a civil and respectful attitude toward discussing evidence for YEC ideas.

Well not really no but what the hey....

Some do some don't. Do you have a civil and respectful attitude towards all those who don't buy into creationism as legitimate science (including Christians)?

:think:

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Watch the atheists squirm as the weight and pressure of the evidence crushes their hot air and hot-headed natures.

Watch as they resort to any tactic other than honest appraisal of ideas in order to dismiss a guy whose only mistake has been to hold to a YEC perspective.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, Flipper! Did you know that as a subscriber, you can lock your own threads?

Tempting, no?

Last edited:

gsweet

Flipper

Hey, Flipper, did you know that as a subscriber, you can lock your own threads?

Tempting, no?

Ha ha, no. Only the biggest pussywillows would do something as milquetoast as that.

But I am glad to see that my thread has finally spurred you into making some posts with more substantive support beyond the hot air of your opinion and gusts from your waving hands.

I live in hope that you will extend this newfound zeal for substantiation into other areas of commentary beyond the earth's mantle. It's a pretty faint hope though.