TOL Pet Memoriam

Nydhogg

Don't have any photos of him here, but I will never forget Rage. Had him when I was a kid, a 100 pounds Rottweiler/Dobermann mix.

A sweet fella. Smartest, most caring dog ever. He died when I was 17, at the age of 12 and a half wonderful years. I think it was a sudden heart failure or something like that.

Meh, he had a good and long and happy life, and he died undisputed conqueror of the old armchair in the corner (Short story: Dad got a better one, we were gonna throw the old chair out, but we never really got along to it and the dog claimed it.)

Will post pictures of the dog I own now in a thread that is less likely to bring bad luck to still-alive pets :p.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Came home tonight to find my wife's pet of 17 years failing. She'd recently survived a tough scrape with a blood virus and began deteriorating over the last three days again, despite heroic efforts by our vet...we were away attending the celebration of a friends 32 year marriage. When we returned she was slipping and expired in my wife's arms within a minute of our arriving home.

I think she held on for that. She died within a minute of my wife telling her she could go. A great little cat, our Gracie.

Arthur Brain

Came home tonight to find my wife's pet of 17 years failing. She'd recently survived a tough scrape with a blood virus and began deteriorating over the last three days again, despite heroic efforts by our vet...we were away attending the celebration of a friends 32 year marriage. When we returned she was slipping and expired in my wife's arms within a minute of our arriving home.

I think she held on for that. She died within a minute of my wife telling her she could go. A great little cat, our Gracie.

Condolencies TH. I've no doubt she had a great (and obviously long) life thanks to both you and your wife.

:e4e:

zoo22

I am so sorry to hear about Gracie. 17 years is a long time. I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you and I'm sure you'll keep wonderful memories of her. I'm glad that she was able to hold out for your wife to be there holding her when she passed.

Rest in peace, Gracie.

bybee

I'm so sorry for your loss.

dreadknought

Hey T.H. I was digging around looking at old threads when I saw this. I immediately remembered my orange Tabby Slice, who passed in November 2010. He was such a fine tom, even played fetch.

Here is a pic.

Slice%2520hamming%2520it%2520up%2520for%2520the%2520camera.jpg

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
92221696_09cc84b53b_z.jpg

Scrabbles. One of the sweetest animals I've known, but a talented escape artist. She figured out how to get the latch loose on the gate, forcing me to wire it to keep her in.

She popped a fastener on her crate, allowing her to wiggle out of it, but she never did it until we were gone. Then we'd come home and she'd be loose in the house, with the crate secured.

Got away once too often, and a car hit her. She died in my daughter's arms on the way to the vet. I never thought I'd grieve for an animal as I did for her.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The Barbarian,

So sorry about Scrabbles. I empathize with your grief.

Since I last posted on this thread, I have lost 2 more dogs and now my kitty has developed diabetes, so when she is gone, I will be petless. And I am not going to replace them, because I don't want any more pain like I go through losing them!

Nang

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
92221696_09cc84b53b_z.jpg

Scrabbles. One of the sweetest animals I've known, but a talented escape artist. She figured out how to get the latch loose on the gate, forcing me to wire it to keep her in.

She popped a fastener on her crate, allowing her to wiggle out of it, but she never did it until we were gone. Then we'd come home and she'd be loose in the house, with the crate secured.

Got away once too often, and a car hit her. She died in my daughter's arms on the way to the vet. I never thought I'd grieve for an animal as I did for her.
I'm sorry for your loss. I think some people think I am nutty because I still talk about my George, and about Bowser, the dog of my youth. I still think about them from time to time, but the memories are, now, all happy ones. Time does help.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey T.H. I was digging around looking at old threads when I saw this. I immediately remembered my orange Tabby Slice, who passed in November 2010. He was such a fine tom, even played fetch.

Here is a pic.

Slice%2520hamming%2520it%2520up%2520for%2520the%2520camera.jpg
Orange cats are cool!

Random

I lost my cat Kitty last April. April 1st is her anniversary. It's hard to believe it's going to be a year.

bybee

When we had to put our beloved german shepherd down because he was dying and suffering so much it hurt so bad that I still can hardly speak of it.
He loved me unconditionally, and no one has ever done that.

Reactions: Lon

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I'm sorry, Bybee. :sigh: I am also a German shepherd owner. They are the best dogs in the whole wide world. I hope he'll be waiting for you at our Father's house. :dog:

Last edited:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Mister Kitty
1986-1998

Independent and good natured.
Maine Coon, long hair.

I saw today's recent post and it reminded of our Mister Kitty.

To some people it's just a dead animal that was here for a while, now it's time to move on, you know, get over it.

No, it's not, it's not get over it, and not with me. These creatures of God's creation that we take to be ours matter, they matter because they were here and we made them a part of our life, it matters whether it was a dog, cat, bird, fish, etc. that we made them a part of our life, those of who have or have had one such a companion are or were truly blessed.

These dear creatures make or made difference in our lives, I love the loyalty of a dog, and how the cat owns us, the birds are like the sweet singers of Israel, and the fish in various sizes are a pure motion of gracefulness.

As for being remembered, why not, I'm sure if were possible they would do the same for us. So it's with affection that it be said rest in peace our dear four footed friends, our fearless felines, the birds that are from paradise beginning, and the fish of an array of wonder gliding through the waters of fish tank.

Bless each of you have and do make this thread a place of sanctuary for those who have lost pets and honor them here.

Last edited: