eBay prohibits textbooks for homeschool teachers

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fool said:
Why does the teacher need a book with the answers?
Don't they know the answers?
What's the big deal if a student has a book with the answers?
They still have to pass the test, better they have the right answers memorized insted of the wrong ones.
Good point.

I think this is entirely the text book Mafia at work. We were working with a retired teacher that was trying to become an internet entrepreneur. He created his website and had his business plan and our company created the back-end database while talks were ongoing with suppliers. The textbook businesses was the backbone. But all talks broke down. Those #(*$#@^$ unreasonable people at the textbook companies have ridiculous demands. I'm telling you, something's rotten in Denmark.

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
Yeah... students just rush out to buy those $80 teacher editions on eBay for their history class. :rolleyes:
Only one student has to buy it. Then the other students buy photocopies. That's what happened at my high school, anyways.

truthteller86

Mr. 5020 said:
Only one student has to buy it. Then the other students buy photocopies. That's what happened at my high school, anyways.
That reminds me of the time someone in my class ganked a copy of our 12th grade English Final (all multiple choice)... It was fairly distributed to each and every good little Catholic boy and girl. Little we know there were two versions of the final. It was a strange "miracle" that day when we got our grades. Exactly 1/2 of the class made a 100% and the other 1/2 made a 58%. You would think that people would be smart enough, while having the answers, that they would at least intentionally mark a few of them wrong for good measure....:doh: I think I was one of the ones that made a 100. lol.

Mr. 5020

truthteller86 said:
That reminds me of the time someone in my class ganked a copy of our 12th grade English Final (all multiple choice)... It was fairly distributed to each and every good little Catholic boy and girl. Little we know there were two versions of the final. It was a strange "miracle" that day when we got our grades. Exactly 1/2 of the class made a 100% and the other 1/2 made a 58%. You would think that people would be smart enough, while having the answers, that they would at least intentionally mark a few of them wrong for good measure....:doh: I think I was one of the ones that made a 100. lol.
:chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
And do you REALLY think that is eBay's motivation behind stopping the auctions of these teachers editions?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is all much like gun control.

Teachers Editions don't cheat on tests, kids do.

Or....

If Teachers Editions are outlawed only outlaws will have Teachers Editions.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Mr. 5020 said:
So that's how you graduated. ;)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
truthteller86 said:
In my school we didn't have to steal the math teachers editions. The teacher gave them to us. :chuckle:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The first, and only, time I bought a teacher's edition for Jessica's math book, I noticed quite a few errors in it. I had Jessica go through it, for extra credit, and give me the correct answers for any that were wrong. :D

newbaby1

Do you know if this includes half.com, which is connected to ebay, and which definitely lists teachers editions? I've bought a couple there myself to tutor my kids through a couple of algebra classes when I couldn't afford a tutor (I'm an English teacher and haven't taken math in a million years). (And one of those was an International Baccalaureate algebra class, lest anybody think we're all a bunch of idiots! :dunce: :chuckle: )