Why am I going to home school my kids?

SaulToPaul 2

Public school is a good place to learn how to function in the real world, which can be cruel & unfair at times...

Adam

Hall of Fame
Public school is a good place to learn how to function in the real world, which can be cruel & unfair at times...
No. I function just fine in the 'real' world and didn't do public school past the 2nd grade.

Plus, I find that the parents who can't share the gospel at work are the same ones who believe that their children will somehow be a good witness at public school!

Mr. 5020

After how some of those teachers treated their students, I have no sympathy for them.:nono:
Other than that one teacher who accurately called his student "a horrible student," I didn't see anything that was even seemingly inappropriate.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
The reason why teachers are praised and supported here is because it's assumed they are necessary. Children cannot be educated without public schools. Publics schools require public school teachers. If no teachers, no public schools, then no education for children. So...we have to encourage teachers who suffer this utter insanity for the sake of the children.

But...it is possible to educate children without public schools. And public school teachers.
In fact, children who aren't educated in public schools by publics school teachers are generally better educated.
Which eliminates the need to praise and encourage those who choose to work in this environment and their tireless efforts to poorly educate our children.

Which is why I'm comfortable saying these people are idiots.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OUCHIE!

Being a teacher leaves one trapped between the directives of the boss, the expectations of the parents and the demands of the kids. It's a no win situation and nobody should enter into it.

Last edited:

One Eyed Jack

What the teacher who had his chalk stolen should have done was simply dismiss the whole class, telling them there was no point in continuing since they were all going to repeat the course next year. One of those little twerps would have come off with some chalk.

Last edited:

Mr. 5020

What the teacher who had his chalk stolen should have done was simply dismiss the whole class, telling them there was no point in continuing since they were all going to repeat the course next year. One of those little twerps would have come off with some chalk.
Not really allowed. :idunno:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are many ways to control a bunch of kids:
  1. You could have the respect demanded from an authority figure who punishes justly, appropriately and swiftly.
  2. You could gain control through bribery.
  3. You could gain control through blackmail.
  4. You could gain control through intimidation.
  5. You could gain control through brainwashing.
  6. You could gain control by calling in help.
A teacher is not allowed to offer the first option and is generally unwilling to offer the last.