Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
The following was the most hilarious response I have ever heard in a theological debate.

It happened when Pastor Cook was cross examining Bob Enyart.

Pastor Cook: So how then can God know how many hairs are on our heads?
Pastor Enyart: Because He can count.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously, me and my son just about fell out of our chairs when that line was uttered. Classic!

That was pretty funny.

Go Bob!! :chuckle:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I listened to both hours of todays Narrow Mind broacast and I must admit that Pastor Cook has me convinced...

... He and I do not worship the same God! :vomit:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Delmar said:
I listened to both hours of todays Narrow Mind broacast and I must admit that Pastor Cook has me convinced...

... He and I do not worship the same God! :vomit:

When it's all said and done and after all the rage and frustration gets out of my system, I just simply feel really sorry for them. I know right now they think they're really worshipping God and really love Him but their "love" is nothing more than something done out of fear believing that if God wanted to, for no good reason at all, He could just choose to crush them like a bug or arbitrarily determine that they spend eternity in Hell. How can you really, I mean really love God the way He wants us to if you think this way about Him?

I tell ya, you guys over there defending the true and living God blesses me to no end. It's just great to see others who simply refuse to stand by and let such terrible and wicked accusations be made of a righteous, holy and good God.

Ya'll are da bomb!!! :up:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight said:
The following was the most hilarious response I have ever heard in a theological debate.

It happened when Pastor Cook was cross examining Bob Enyart.

Pastor Cook: So how then can God know how many hairs are on our heads?
Pastor Enyart: Because He can count.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously, me and my son just about fell out of our chairs when that line was uttered. Classic!

Hey! I'm the one asking the questions here.

I'm not Samula Lamerson, I'm Gene Cook.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poly said:
When it's all said and done and after all the rage and frustration gets out of my system, I just simply feel really sorry for them. I know right now they think they're really worshipping God and really love Him but their "love" is nothing more than something done out of fear believing that if God wanted to, for no good reason at all, He could just choose to crush them like a bug or arbitrarily determine that they spend eternity in Hell.

But how many Christians see it this way? I am getting really confused when it comes to associating with other Christians these days.

To the unbelievers concerning most Christians: Never mind him....he's an idiot. :hammer:

You should hear the conversation I had tonight with a Catholic who thinks all natural disasters are God acting out, trying to get our attention.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
But how many Christians see it this way?
Ummmm.... :think:

80% of them?

Actually that percentage is probably too low. :sigh:

Shimei said:
You should hear the conversation I had tonight with a Catholic who thinks all natural disasters are God acting out, trying to get our attention.

Acting out? :squint:

So He kicks and screams and throws a fit with catastrophic results to get our attention like some bratty toddler?

:doh:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poly said:
Ummmm.... :think:

80% of them?

Actually that percentage is probably too low. :sigh:

Hey! Make it 95% and give me a challenge. :box:

What will Heaven be like? ...Sorry about how I was a moron on Earth....

GodsLioness

I'd really love to hear this debate! But it seems he removed it for download from his site! (imagine that...) Does anyone know where I could find it?

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
I just finished and this was one of Bob's best debates.

Gene Cook got waxed and the Truth is shining forth.

Praise the Lord!

pwhines

Hi pastorkevin -

you said:

However, I think that once you break those verses down and look at them in context that Calvinism completely falls apart. In my opinion, I would say Pastor Cook is a very capable debater, and yet I would score the debate a resounding victory for Pastor Bob.

Could you be specific and give some examples? Maybe you could address some of the many passages pastor Enyart ignored.

You said of my notes concerning the debate:

I'm sorry but what a load of garbage.

What are you referring to here?

pwhines

Mr. 5020

I seem to be unable to find a copy of this debate. Does anybody have it downloaded and can e-mail it to me...or something?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I seem to be unable to find a copy of this debate. Does anybody have it downloaded and can e-mail it to me...or something?
The debate was 2 months ago and I think it only stays on Pastor Cooks web site for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.