Summit Clock Experiment 2.0: Time is Absolute

Frayed Knot

I liked it when he said the math is more robust his way, as if there may be a lurker who started reading this thread at just that comment and might get the impression that Stripe had actually shown any math at all in 18 pages.

Frayed Knot

So Stripe, I'm going to soldier on here. Before we carry on, didn't you say before that you agree that the speed of light is a constant for everyone?

Jukia

I liked it when he said the math is more robust his way, as if there may be a lurker who started reading this thread at just that comment and might get the impression that Stripe had actually shown any math at all in 18 pages.

Well, I just asked him to show his math. Sort of like 5th grade when you had to show your work. I'm sure he will do so. He said the math was more robust his way (what is robust math? 1 + 1 = 2?) and Stripe would never make a claim about something for which he had no evidence. That would be very unChristian.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, I just asked him to show his math. Sort of like 5th grade when you had to show your work. I'm sure he will do so. He said the math was more robust his way (what is robust math? 1 + 1 = 2?) and Stripe would never make a claim about something for which he had no evidence. That would be very unChristian.

Right on cue, more nonsense from Jokia. :chuckle:

We've been discussing the math. Try reading next time. :thumb:

We have a distance between two points and a ray of light traveling it. One man sees the light travel only that distance, one sees it travel that distance plus a sideways component because he is moving so quickly.

Frayed says the difference between the two measurements involves time dilation because the light path distance is greater for the man moving, but the time taken is the same. I say there is no difference because the man moving can correlate his coordinate system with the man not and they can both calculate the same result.

Feel free to point out exactly what I've said that is incorrect. And remember to explain why. :up:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi, Watties. :wave:

Figured out how an aquifer could maintain its pressure for 2 million years yet?

Dr.Watson

Hi, Watties. :wave:

Figured out how an aquifer could maintain its pressure for 2 million years yet?

ARedHerring.jpg

How about you show us this "robust" math. And show it side by side Einsteins. You do that, and I'll explain to you this red-herring misnomer you keep bringing up. Deal?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How about you show us this "robust" math. And show it side by side Einsteins. You do that, and I'll explain to you this red-herring misnomer you keep bringing up. Deal?

Try reading the thread. :thumb:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sure, I am. It's in the link Jukia kept braying for after I'd given it. :)

Dr.Watson

Sure, I am. It's in the link Jukia kept braying for after I'd given it. :)

I've gone through that link. I didn't see any descriptive math or physics calculations detailing and correcting the failings of Einstein. This "robust" math you speak of was directly in relation to your claim that all that is needed is a "correlation of coordinate systems". So we would like you to do exactly this. Correlate and correct the coordinate system in the example Frayed gave you to prove to us that this is not an example of time dilation. Quit the childish games, vague references to previous posted dead-end links and semantics. Just put your money where your mouth is and show us. Or not.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've gone through that link. I didn't see any descriptive math or physics calculations detailing and correcting the failings of Einstein. This "robust" math you speak of was directly in relation to your claim that all that is needed is a "correlation of coordinate systems". So we would like you to do exactly this. Correlate and correct the coordinate system in the example Frayed gave you to prove to us that this is not an example of time dilation. Quit the childish games, vague references to previous posted dead-end links and semantics. Just put your money where your mouth is and show us. Or not.
:mock: Wattie's search ability.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Length is the separation between objects. Time is the separation between events.