Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Interview with gofundme.com/homeschooling-mother

This is the show from Tuesday, August 21st, 2018

SUMMARY:

Have you looked at gofundme.com/homeschooling-mother? In Bob Enyart's interview with Regina, the now-single homeschooling mom said she's, "traded financial security for the emotional and spiritual well-being of my five children" and she has rejected the (bad) advice from others to put the kids into public school. If your heart was touched by Regina's courage and challenge, she is still in financial need so please consider giving via her homeschooling-mother link! Bob opened today's program with audio from his appearance last night on Denver's 7News and with our kickstarter.com/projects/488792279/launch-a-flat-earther-into-space which has raised $10,561 of our $275,000 goal with 35 days left! (We're NOT asking our friends for large contributions but for you to consider making a $5 to $10 donation to increase the number of donors and their geographical distribution, both of which will help this project become more visible to reach many people. It would take you about two minutes. Could you help?) Hear also Bob's appearance last night on Denver's 7News about the murdered unborn child from Frederick for whom the courts are denying justice.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Abused woman so-called divorces her husband]

Regina: “You and Doug seem to think I need to get married.”

[Enyart laughs]

Why would you advise an already married woman to so-call marry again? :dizzy: Ro 7:2,3

Bob: “Your ex-husband…”

There is no such thing as “ex” (Mt 19:6). :hammer:

Regina: “…A husband would be great.”

Bob: “We’ll be praying for that…”

1 Co 7:11, Is 5:20

You’re willing to spend some $200,000 on sending a flat-earth proponent into space; but, :AMR: you won’t help this woman? Jas 1:27. Instead, you encourage her to: 1. become a serial adulteress (Ro 7:2,3) and 2. hit up other church members for a place to live until she can defile herself. :dizzy:

Evil (Mt 19:6). :reals:

Payday someday (He 13:4, Ro 14:12). :burnlib:

Marriage is: one man, one woman (Gen. 2:18–24) in covenant (Matt. 19:6) for life (Rom. 7:2, 3).

Recommend reading:

The Divorce Myth by J. Carl Laney

Recommended sites:

Christian Divorce and Remarriage | Joseph Webb

Marriage Permanence

Permanence of Marriage Until Death | Walking by the Spirit Always

More

Last edited:

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Hey serpentdove! Thanks for posting. Okay, so I read Laney's book. Before commenting, for those who don't know, I'd like them to know that I am twice divorced and remarried. I'm married now for over 25 years with 7 sons and 7 grandkids. So people can factor in my personal situation as they evaluate my assessment of Laney's book. Even during the two decades before I was divorced, I never held to nor promoted a view that prohibited divorce and remarriage, although I know a pastor who was against remarriage until his own. I'm not a quiet person and I'm still surrounded by the large family I grew up with and have many friends who were there throughout my teen and early adult years none of whom would contradict this account. So to Laney.

We can call this the “incest view” of Jesus’ teaching on divorce when he said divorce and remarriage were wrong, "except". Laney claims about that exception, that divorce and remarriage are permitted by God only to couples who committed incest to marry within the relations prohibited in Leviticus. That's peculiar, partly because the incestuous parties were to be put to death, making divorce and remarriage a moot issue. Even more bizarre, is that Laney wrote a whole book on this.

I think Laney, and you serpentdove, and other no-divorce advocates have both noble and ignoble motives. Laney writes that the culture holds a far too lax view of marriage which has contributed to the divorce epidemic. Yes. He wants to bring this disease into remission. Great. Except that the wonder drug he offers has devastating side-effects, as do all extra-biblical rules and regulations. His cure doesn't help. It can't. Why not? What God permits, let not man forbid. Lest you make yourself into god.

These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom In self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh. Col. 2:23

Last edited:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey serpentdove! Thanks for posting. Okay, so I read Laney's book. Before commenting, for those who don't know, I'd like them to know that I am twice divorced and remarried. I'm married now for over 25 years with 7 sons and 7 grandkids. So people can factor in my personal situation as they evaluate my assessment of Laney's book. Even during the two decades before I was divorced, I never held to nor promoted a view that prohibited divorce and remarriage, although I know a pastor who was against remarriage until his own. I'm not a quiet person and I'm still surrounded by the large family I grew up with and have many friends who were there throughout my teen and early adult years none of whom would contradict this account. So to Laney.

We can call this the “incest view” of Jesus’ teaching on divorce, claiming that divorce and remarriage are permitted by God only to couples who committed incest to marry within the relations prohibited in Leviticus. That's peculiar, partly because the incestuous parties were to be put to death, making divorce and remarriage a moot issue. Even more bizarre, is that Laney wrote a whole book on this.

I think Laney, and you serpentdove, and other no-divorce advocates have both noble and ignoble motives. Laney writes that the culture holds a far too lax view of marriage which has contributed to the divorce epidemic. Yes. He wants to bring this disease into remission. Great. Except that the wonder drug he offers has devastating side-effects, as do all extra-biblical rules and regulations. His cure doesn't help. It can't. Why not? What God permits, let not man forbid. Lest you make yourself into god.

These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom In self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh. Col. 2:23
I took your "Bible Divorce and Remarriage" VHS to a singles group (most of the group were divorcees). The group leader was thrilled with the message because so many of the group were hung up on what God's calling would be now that they had broken some kind of rule. It was very helpful for them and the group leader put the VHS into the church library.

BTW, it's been about a year. How is Regina and family doing these days?

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for asking Yorzhik. Regina and family, last I heard some weeks ago, they're doing well! She was introduced to and soon married a strong Christian man. They've been married now for a few months. God bless!
- Bob