Randy Brown and Brian Rohrbough Expose Columbine Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
So, can any of you address the issue? Do the Harris and Kleebold families deserve Gods comfort, forgiveness and love or not? Do Christians have a responsibility to witness to those families and help the through their suffering?
Two points...

A. You insinuate in your first post that the Harris and Kleybold families are MORE deserving of our compassion than the families of the victims (which is disgusting). And you also insinuate that the families of the victims shouldn't be wasting their time getting to the bottom of the failed system instead they should be focusing on the parents of the murderers by reaching out to them (again disgusting and asinine).

B. Do you have any evidence that suggests the families of the murderers are seeking forgiveness for their failures? And furthermore, if they are seeking forgiveness do you have evidence that suggests they aren't receiving forgiveness and compassion?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
What Knight said.

Oh and again,

Luke 17:3
Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.

I wonder how the victims feel. :think:

Perhaps?

Revelation 6:10

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”

Last edited:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Two points...

A. You insinuate in your first post that the Harris and Kleybold families are MORE deserving of our compassion than the families of the victims (which is disgusting). And you also insinuate that the families of the victims shouldn't be wasting their time getting to the bottom of the failed system instead they should be focusing on the parents of the murderers by reaching out to them (again disgusting and asinine).

B. Do you have any evidence that suggests the families of the murderers are seeking forgiveness for their failures? And furthermore, if they are seeking forgiveness do you have evidence that suggests they aren't receiving forgiveness and compassion?

As to point A, instead of more deserving of compassion, the question is are they deserving of any compassion. Not long after the tragedy a group, I forget exactly who, planted 15 trees, one for each family who lost somebody that day. A couple of people showed up the day the trees were dedicated to the families and cut down two of the trees. I always found that to be a particularly cruel act. It implied that two families were undeserving of compassion. The same two families that we think deserve nothing but scorn and condemnation Christ determined that they were worth dieing for.

As to point B, no I don't have any evidence for either point. What I find interesting is the attitude that fellow Christians on this site have towards the families. Just two posts up from this koban clearly states that the Harris and Kleebold families do not deserve forgiveness. Why?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
This was my first thread on TOL. I found it to be a fascinating experience. I asked a question that was bound to stir some controversy. What left me it total amazement were the responses!

I was called a retard, an idiot, a nicer than God Christian, and accused of blaming the parents of the murdered children for the actions of Harris and Kleebold.

I wonder how your statement would have gone over at Christian Forums.

Perhaps you would have received some "blessings" and some more clothing options for your doll.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
As to point A, instead of more deserving of compassion, the question is are they deserving of any compassion. Not long after the tragedy a group, I forget exactly who, planted 15 trees, one for each family who lost somebody that day. A couple of people showed up the day the trees were dedicated to the families and cut down two of the trees. I always found that to be a particularly cruel act. It implied that two families were undeserving of compassion. The same two families that we think deserve nothing but scorn and condemnation Christ determined that they were worth dieing for.

Maybe we should set up a tribute to Hitler at a Jewish holocaust museum. Would you be up for that?

koban

CabinetMaker said:

As to point B, no I don't have any evidence for either point. What I find interesting is the attitude that fellow Christians on this site have towards the families. Just two posts up from this koban clearly states that the Harris and Kleebold families do not deserve forgiveness. Why?

To your question "Do the Harris and Kleebold families deserve Gods comfort, forgiveness and love or not? " I replied "Nope".

None of us deserves "Gods comfort, forgiveness and love". It's a mystery why He sent Christ, but I'm glad He did. :thumb:

BTW - thanks for getting my name right - you're one of the few who has. :BRAVO:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
Just two posts up from this koban clearly states that the Harris and Kleebold families do not deserve forgiveness. Why?
If they are seeking forgiveness and are repentant then they should receive forgiveness.

God does not forgive unconditionally, nor does He expect that we do.

Do you know the condition that God requires for forgiveness?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
Maybe we should set up a tribute to Hitler at a Jewish holocaust museum. Would you be up for that?

Once again we have a Karl Rove response. Shimei cannot respond to the issues so she plays the Hitler card. Please point out where I asked for a tribute to Eric and Dylan.

koban

Shimei said:
I wonder how your statement would have gone over at Christian Forums.

Perhaps you would have received some "blessings" and some more clothing options for your doll.

:darwinsm:

:mock: gay avatars

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
koban said:
Were the trees dedicated to the children or the families?

The group that planted them made it very clear that the trees were intended for the families who had loved ones who died that day.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
koban said:
The tree's were dedicated to each person who died that day. So they were dedicated to the children, including the murderers (and one adult).

Honoring evil is wicked and perverse.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
koban said:

Each tree represented a person who was slain at Columbine. Why would you include the people who murdered them? It is like suggesting that they are victims as well.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
They did? Were you there?

It was covered on the local news with film showing the trees being cut down and statements by those doing the cutting saying the Harris' and Kleebolds' did not deserve them.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
Each tree represented a person who was slain at Columbine. Why would you include the people who murdered them? It is like suggesting that they are victims as well.

The start of this thread was the failures of the system that lead to the tragedy. So yes, they were victims.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
CabinetMaker said:
It was covered on the local news with film showing the trees being cut down and statements by those doing the cutting saying the Harris' and Kleebolds' did not deserve them.
Well, since it was my church that helped cut down the trees along with the parents of the victims I think I know a bit more about this than you do.

Furthermore... your own post even affirms my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.