Who Woke Up On An Autopsy Table? Not the Denver Post...

gcthomas

The stories did say she was brain dead.

Sam Hemming suffered devastating head injuries when the car she was travelling in with her boyfriend flipped over on the M6 - leaving her brain dead and with 'no hope of recovery'.​

source

How did the site misrepresent them?

So now it does say she was brain dead?

One real story, multiple sensationalist reports of the story that repeat errors.

The tabloid newspaper with a legal history of fabricating entire stories and making up facts says she was brain dead. But the local newspaper, the one that acutally was there and reporting, doesn't mention either brain death or the accidental nature of toe incident. It seems that foot-stroking is a standard part of the procedure for testing responsiveness, and successfully detected that the girl wasn't brain dead. Whoopee for medical science, another success story.

(Didn't you think it was strange that the toe was touched accidentally, in the Daily Mail version of events? What sort of hospital has coma patients in a bed with their bare foot exposed from under the covers? The touching of the toe must have have been part of a testing plan, don't you think?

Again, the question:

You assert that this girl was not brain dead, yet the doctors were going to switch off her life support. Are you OK with that?

Already answered twice — please try to read. Unless you can find a better source for the story (it is easy - would you like me to show you how to use Google News search?), one without critical contradictions, then you'll have to put up with it.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One real story, multiple sensationalist reports of the story that repeat errors. The tabloid newspaper with a legal history of fabricating entire stories and making up facts says she was brain dead. But the local newspaper, the one that acutally was there and reporting, doesn't mention either brain death or the accidental nature of toe incident. It seems that foot-stroking is a standard part of the procedure for testing responsiveness, and successfully detected that the girl wasn't brain dead. Whoopee for medical science, another success story. (Didn't you think it was strange that the toe was touched accidentally, in the Daily Mail version of events? What sort of hospital has coma patients in a bed with their bare foot exposed from under the covers? The touching of the toe must have have been part of a testing plan, don't you think? Already answered twice — please try to read. Unless you can find a better source for the story (it is easy - would you like me to show you how to use Google News search?), one without critical contradictions, then you'll have to put up with it.

I read other sources, as I said.

That's good to know about the toe-moving test. That clears that up for me. :up: