Forecast: Buyer's Remorse

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I just don't understand what Bob is thinking!

My disagreement with him on this just rips my guts out.

I agree that Trump is clearly not a Christian and that he isn't a man of high moral character, as Bob talked about at length in the episode linked to in the opening post. In fact, he's not even "luke warm", to use a biblical term. I get all of that.

Is Hillary better? NO!

So we're left with getting really bad or really really bad. How is it wrong to prefer one "really" vs. two?

In what way does it benefit anyone for Christians to sit back and do nothing? That's what most Christian's did in '08 and '12 and we have Obama Care, flourishing terrorism and all the rest of the nightmare that is the Obama administration as a result. I think Bob actually believes that Christians would be worse off, that the economy would be in worse condition, that the government would be more corrupt, etc had Obama been defeated.

How is it wrong for Christians to work toward our own best interests? We do, in fact, have to live in this country, under this government that we've been afforded the power to have some influence on. How is it wrong to want the less oppressive, the less tyrannical, the less evil, the less deep pile of manure that we and our kids have to wade through during this life?

The United States of America has been flawed from the beginning and yet it has produced more freedom, better quality of life (safety, technology, available medicine, wealth etc, etc.) with longer life spans to live it than any country that has ever existed in the history of the world. The world IS better off because of the founding of the United States of America - a whole lot better off. Bob Enyart would not have a radio show, would never have been on television, would never have written The Plot if not for the United States of America and the freedoms and technologies it's existence has made possible. The norm throughout history has been one despotic dictatorship after another, where the people are oppressed and forced to eek out a subsistence under the heavy hand of tyranny. And yet, since the constitution is flawed in several important ways, voting for the ratification of the Constitution of the United States of America would have been an exercise in "affirmatively supporting the lesser of two evils" and Bob, it seems, would have had us all sit on our hands and wait to see what the worse evil would do to us.

I just do not get it!

With respect,
Clete

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Romans 13:1 "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

This is not a proper use of this passage. You're thinking like a Calvinist here.
God ordains the powers that be, yes. But that does not mean that it God specifically chose Obama to be the President of that power.

Just as the Body of Christ is predestined to glory, yet no individual person is predestined to be in that Body.