Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Forecast: Buyer's Remorse

This is the show from Wednesday, November 9th, 2016

SUMMARY:

Now that the election is over gradually buyer’s remorse will set in. It’s like finding out that you don’t have Alzheimer’s only to find out that you have dementia. Great. Christians will find out that there’s no 72-hour right of refusal. We’re just stuck in this mess. Although, yes, of course, while we're here, we serve the Lord and look for His return! But in the meantime, things are bad, and they’re going to get worse, courtesy of the Trump administration. A lot worse. For the church. For families. For the innocent. For you. And for the nation.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

SUMMARY:

Now that the election is over gradually buyer’s remorse will set in. It’s like finding out that you don’t have Alzheimer’s only to find out that you have dementia. Great. Christians will find out that there’s no 72-hour right of refusal. We’re just stuck in this mess. Although, yes, of course, while we're here, we serve the Lord and look for His return! But in the meantime, things are bad, and they’re going to get worse, courtesy of the Trump administration. A lot worse. For the church. For families. For the innocent. For you. And for the nation.
Shut Up. Clinton lovers

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
buyer’s remorse will set in.
Disagreed.
It’s like finding out that you don’t have Alzheimer’s only to find out that you have dementia. Great. Christians will find out that there’s no 72-hour right of refusal. We’re just stuck in this mess. Although, yes, of course, while we're here, we serve the Lord and look for His return! But in the meantime, things are bad, and they’re going to get worse, courtesy of the Trump administration. A lot worse. For the church. For families. For the innocent. For you. And for the nation.
Nah. President-elect Trump is no threat to religious liberty, and neither was Secretary Clinton. And the president is not a moral leader. The president is the chief executive and the commander-in-chief, and the president is not our chief pastor.

6days

But in the meantime, things are bad, and they’re going to get worse, courtesy of the Trump administration. A lot worse. For the church. For families. For the innocent. For you. And for the nation.
Would things have been better with a Clinton admin?
I'm not American, but it seems most evangelical Christians were in favor of many of Trumps stands, supreme court picks, and encouraged by some of the people around him such as Pence and Carson.

radind

Would things have been better with a Clinton admin?
I'm not American, but it seems most evangelical Christians were in favor of many of Trumps stands, supreme court picks, and encouraged by some of the people around him such as Pence and Carson.

The Supreme Court will probably be the largest impact of Trump's election. In my opinion, the progressives and Clinton would have curtailed religious freedom. I see things getting better.

theophilus

Romans 13:1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. 3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; 4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil. 5 Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing. 7 Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

1 Tim. 2:1 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time. 7 For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. 8 Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.

Regardless who is in charge we have our marching orders.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Supreme Court will probably be the largest impact of Trump's election. In my opinion, the progressives and Clinton would have curtailed religious freedom. I see things getting better.
I hope you are right.

Personally I like the direction Trump wants this country to go in MUCH MUCH more than the vision Clinton or Obama has for this country.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 13:1 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. 3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; 4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil. 5 Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing. 7 Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

1 Tim. 2:1 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time. 7 For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. 8 Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.

Regardless who is in charge we have our marching orders.
And to those that overthrow and take over.
And then to those that overthrow and take over the ones that overthrew and took over.
:juggle:

musterion

SUMMARY:

You know, generally things will only get worse worldwide. That's what the Bible says.

And maybe Trump, like all Republicans lately, will prove to be a horrible disappointment (at which point, the R party will cease to exist).

I'd like some specifics from you, though. Take a look at the past 8 years and tell me exactly what "worse" will mean in light of how badly damaged we are, and what Trump will do to make where we are now even "worse." Thanks in advance for your reply.