Where's that show w/woman who wrote "the true story of Jesus"???

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
???Where'd the show go??? Or did it never happen?

:confused:

I haven't heard every show yet, so if anyone knows where this show is, please let me know.

What about the show that was mentioned to happen "If all goes according to plans" in about the middle of the show?

Bob Enyart said that the NEXT show was going to have a Retired Republican conservative congressman from OK., and then on the second half hour, he was going to take on a woman author who wrote the book, "the true story of Jesus."

???Where's that show???

Thanks

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
Thanks, Knight, after hearing the show, I think that must have been it. That was a funny. What a wimp she was, well, except for personally attacking the show’s host because he kept wanting to verify her background and qualifications to see if she really understands the issue she is attacking.

And, what was that about “mopping the floor with her”? Bob never made a single argument against her or her ideas, just that he disagreed with her conclusion, and implied that one should be able to demonstrate an informed understanding of the view you are opposing, preferably their better arguments that you would evidently refute. She simply would not, and mostly likely could not, demonstrate that her credentials and training were valid and not totally one sided.

The argument she came up with to support the Christian faith, was that

While she was writing her book a woman said that we KNOW that he rose from the dead, because the Bible says so. (Circular reasoning)

That was sooooooooooo bad.

At another point, while she stammered for something to say, Bob graciously listed about a dozen scientific disciplines to choose from, reminded her of about a dozen different professions who have authored probably thousands of books which have undoubtedly sold hundreds of thousands of copies, all of which are about the best selling book ever written. He mentioned that he has read perhaps some 30 such books that apologetically defend the Christian faith. And just expected that if she really is qualified on the topic, i.e. she has a **Master of Arts Degree in Biblical Studies (UBC, Canada)**, then she should be able to demonstrate that she understands at least some of the better arguments in favor of the Christianity and the Bible.

** see http://www.trippinglightlybooks.com/ourman.htm#Author Bio

And all she could say was, that was not the way she approached writing her book, she did not set out to validate or invalidate Christianity, and that she is simply being historical and texturally critical. She also said that she didn’t think that there were ANY good arguments for Christianity! And that the way Bob was treating her was the reason why she was dissuaded from becoming a Christian.

We Christians expect that understanding should always preclude judgments and conclusions. Man are we backwards!

LOL What a fraud.

1Way

Status
Not open for further replies.