Studies Prove Homosexuality Is Not Genetic

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why ould anyone "choose" to be gay in a world which is so hostile to gay people ?
I don't think that factors. People chose to be Christian in a time when it was a death sentence. Cost/benefit is a subjective thing.

I've long suspected there are two sorts of people. The first is fairly hardwired for their sexual preference. The second isn't and exist more along an ambiguous line, with greater and lesser degrees of interest divided among both sexes. In that case if isn't surprising that most people who have a greater degree of control over the expression and focus of their sexual interest are the sort who tend to settle into traditional roles for a number of reasons, but may have had "experimentation" at some stage of their sexual development, the sort often heard of in college environments where the social atmosphere is loose and choices can be made without the same consequence for the person dabbling.

I think presenting the whole shooting match as choice is a bit simplistic and contrary to the experience of some of us who haven't felt ambiguous on point, but I don't really see why it matters whether or not a person is hard wired or predisposed by some other means if we are both capable of refraining from impulse and remain responsible for our choices, morally, else.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
How can anyone be so stupid as to equate homosexuality with murder ? Unbelievable . Or bestiality , pedophilia, necrophilia, incest etc .?
Two gays having consensual sex in private harms no one .

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Being gay is NOT a "choice". However, being an anti-gay bigot is definitely a choice . And a despicable one .

genuineoriginal

Being gay is NOT a "choice". However, being an anti-gay bigot is definitely a choice . And a despicable one .

Choosing to act out on your sexual perversions is a "choice" and a despicable one.
:duh:

Being opposed to homosexual acts is a normal response that is necessary for the survival of the human species.
It is amazing how evolutionists like to ignore the obvious when it comes to homosexuality.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How can anyone be so stupid as to equate homosexuality with murder ? Unbelievable . Or bestiality , pedophilia, necrophilia, incest etc .?
The connection is sin and a perversion of natural order, so there is similarity in those particulars, but it's sensationalist rhetoric and in my experience it's often used to illustrate the declarant's repulsion and to taint by association. I don't think it's productive or necessary in objection. As to harm, it's primarily spiritual.

Being gay is NOT a "choice".
That's as goofy as saying it always is. Bisexuals would take exception to you.

However, being an anti-gay bigot is definitely a choice . And a despicable one .
Having a moral objection doesn't make you despicable. And when you think this way you only take on the appearance of the thing you despise.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Two adult siblings having consensual sex in private harms no one. Or does it?

Granite

Hall of Fame
The lengths some of us go to in order to justify hating other human beings is truly remarkable. With that kind of energy, focus, and intent think of all the good we could be doing.

genuineoriginal

The lengths some of us go to in order to justify hating other human beings is truly remarkable. With that kind of energy, focus, and intent think of all the good we could be doing.

Good Christians love other human beings enough to want them to repent from their sins.

Evil people want other human beings to celebrate their sins in some kind of pride fest.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Good Christians love other human beings enough to want them to repent from their sins.

Evil people want other human beings to celebrate their sins in some kind of pride fest.

A decent human being doesn't want someone who isn't hurting anybody to change just to suit their own twisted sense of morality. That's not love. That's a sick form of control--or, in the case of your "good" Christians, a tired, ancient, and dying form of wishful thinking.

musterion

And you call yourself a Jew. Right.

I've asked you four times now if the Law of God is bigoted. You refuse to answer. Why?

genuineoriginal

A decent human being doesn't want someone who isn't hurting anybody to change just to suit their own twisted sense of morality. That's not love. That's a sick form of control--or, in the case of your "good" Christians, a tired, ancient, and dying form of wishful thinking.

Like I said:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A decent human being doesn't want someone who isn't hurting anybody to change just to suit their own twisted sense of morality
But that's the contextual crux of the difference. To a Christian willful sin is a moral form of suicide. There's harm being done. That it's willful, even consensual is no more mitigating than it is with an addict.

That's not love.
It depends on the heart of the person advancing it. If the point is to control, judge and condemn, no. If the point is to save and advance the good, yes.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Yes, like being forced into diversity training or have no business if you don't agree with the gay being ok, right? I agree thats a sick twisted sense of control.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Musterion , God's law does not include homophobic bigotery . God has no law . Humans have laws . Some good, some bad .
Laws against gay people are bad laws .
God did not create marriage . Humans did . And there have been many forms of marriage over the ages . Polygamy is common in the Bible, yet it's not legal in America and most of the rest of the world .

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Heterosexuality comes from a Biological Imperative for reproduction in order to perpetuate the species.
_____
Biological imperatives are the needs of living organisms required to perpetuate their existence: to survive. Include the following hierarchy of logical imperatives for a living organism: survival, territorialism, competition, reproduction, quality of life-seeking, and group forming. Living organisms that do not attempt to follow or do not succeed in satisfying these imperatives are described as maladaptive; those that do are adaptive.
______​
Homosexuality is a maladaptive trait that develops in organisms that are not seeking to perpetuate the species.

Infertility is also inherited.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The proper response to 'not feeling right in your skin' is to sort yourself out until you do feel right in your skin, not to indulge yourself with unnatural behaviour.

Granite

Hall of Fame
But that's the contextual crux of the difference. To a Christian willful sin is a moral form of suicide. There's harm being done. That it's willful, even consensual is no more mitigating than it is with an addict.

You guys can't even agree among yourselves what does and doesn't constitute sin, let alone whether some of you are even capable of it anymore. Suggestion: Get your own sprawling, messy house in order before presuming to tell anyone what kind of damage you think they're doing to their life.

It depends on the heart of the person advancing it. If the point is to control, judge and condemn, no. If the point is to save and advance the good, yes.

When it comes to this issue I don't think I've ever once seen the latter.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You guys can't even agree among yourselves what does and doesn't constitute sin,
Sure we can. Orthodoxy isn't confused on the point. Sin is a willful disobedience to God.

let alone whether some of you are even capable of it anymore.
Seems mostly a semantic battle though.

Suggestion: Get your own sprawling, messy house in order before presuming to tell anyone what kind of damage you think they're doing to their life.
Why should we have a standard in place that you wouldn't think of applying to any other group outside of the religious? People are messy. What I've suggested and will continue to suggest is that we simplify the Christian approach, preach salvation and relation, love God and our neighbor, see how that works out compared to the dogma wars and schisms.

I can't imagine it would do worse.

When it comes to this issue I don't think I've ever once seen the latter.
Doesn't seem reasonable, given how many different approaches you've noted. Maybe you have a stigma-tism? :eek:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Sure we can. Orthodoxy isn't confused on the point. Sin is a willful disobedience to God.

So define. Angels on pinheads.

Why should we have a standard in place that you wouldn't think of applying to any other group outside of the religious?

You're the ones presuming to tell us how we should live. Maybe you should apply your own standards to your own lives before lecturing the rest of we unwashed heathens. It's the arrogance and presumption inherent to self-righteousness that chafes.

People are messy. What I've suggested and will continue to suggest is that we simplify the Christian approach, preach salvation and relation, love God and our neighbor, see how that works out compared to the dogma wars and schisms.

If you think Christianity actually simplifies the human condition you're completely gone.:wave2: