Studies Prove Homosexuality Is Not Genetic

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
Then an impasse it is although apologies for taking so long to reply. I'd forgotten about this thread. In regards to love then in it is indeed selfless so any arguing over genetics or orientation would be moot one way or the other?

In which case I would surmise that nigh on or approaching near 100% of people have failed that particular litmus test whether straight, bi or gay etc.

Well, where it comes to orientation then I had no say in my own and I see a difference between love/lust regardless.

As above, and I'm not entirely sure as to what you're on about here frankly as being attracted to people isn't a form of egocentrism in itself. It simply happens...

View attachment 19443

Lon

... being attracted to people isn't a form of egocentrism in itself. It simply happens...
Yes. It is. The entertaining of it is always a self-interested basal pursuit.

You really really, really, need to attain to a higher form of love, that is able to overcome fleshly impulse. We all do, but you seem to excuse it. We can't.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lon,

pearls-on-swine-24169895106.jpg

Arthur Brain

Yes. It is. The entertaining of it is always a self-interested basal pursuit.

You really really, really, need to attain to a higher form of love, that is able to overcome fleshly impulse. We all do, but you seem to excuse it. We can't.

No it isn't. An attraction is inherent and beyond control and that said attraction doesn't necessarily need to be purely physical either.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nick, self portrait?

I guess I will explain it to the heathen. It applies to what Lon is doing.

Matthew 7

6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

But I guess not, the pig does not have an AK-47.

Neither do I.

P1070087.JPG

The movies are just the movies. That is primary and a backup. And of course a side arm to the back up. They all have something in common with the AK. TomO knows right away and so does Lightbringer.

P1070093%20-%20Copy.JPG

What kind of gun would Jesus carry, Nick?

The sharp sword goes from his mouth. He will say they are dead, and they will die. And the beasts will feed on their flesh. And then my M4s can be plowshares because I won't need them.

The Beard of Zeus

BANNED
Banned
I guess I will explain it to the heathen. It applies to what Lon is doing.

Matthew 7

6 “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.

Neither do I.

P1070087.JPG

The movies are just the movies. That is primary and a backup. And of course a side arm to the back up. They all have something in common with the AK. TomO knows right away and so does Lightbringer.

P1070093%20-%20Copy.JPG

The sharp sword goes from his mouth. He will say they are dead, and they will die. And the beasts will feed on their flesh. And then my M4s can be plowshares because I won't need them.

Jesus would have golden glocks

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
For those of you who need to understand: Sin invades your life and leads you down a path, and before you realize it you are doing things you never thought you would. Yes, sexual inclination is generally inborn, but attraction is learned and malleable.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Well unless 100% of cases of homosexual/bisexuality are down to 'nurture/environment'

choice, artie

choice

it's pretty obvious

oh dear - when a drunken retard sez something's obvious, it usually means he's gonna say something really really retarded

folk are simply wired that way. If you're heterosexual then you could no more "choose" to be gay than become the Eiffel Tower...

yeah

like that

Arthur Brain

For those of you who need to understand: Sin invades your life and leads you down a path, and before you realize it you are doing things you never thought you would. Yes, sexual inclination is generally inborn, but attraction is learned and malleable.

That's a bit like GO's contention that people can 'train' themselves to be sexually attracted to or fall in love with inanimate objects. As a heterosexual I may (and have) entertained lust/desire but exclusively in relation to the opposite sex. The notion of same gender intimacy is about as appealing as watching an 'X Factor' marathon. Those who think heterosexuals can in some way "choose" to entertain homosexuality are just bizarre frankly.

Alate_One

Even more than that, if it was genetic, the gene would die out over the alleged millions of years.

Haha someone doesn't understand evolution! (Surprise, surprise)

While a gene may reduce the reproductive outcome of one carrier, studies have shown that female relatives of men who are homosexual tend to produce more offspring. Thus their loss is countered, and the trait maintained in the population. That's called balancing selection. A trait that may have a biologically negative effect in one situation, may have a positive one in another.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
That's a bit like GO's contention that people can 'train' themselves to be sexually attracted to or fall in love with inanimate objects. As a heterosexual I may (and have) entertained lust/desire but exclusively in relation to the opposite sex. The notion of same gender intimacy is about as appealing as watching an 'X Factor' marathon. Those who think heterosexuals can in some way "choose" to entertain homosexuality are just bizarre frankly.

let's assume you aren't a murderous psychopath

could you choose to kill another human being?

could you choose to have an adulterous affair with a married woman?

could you choose to lie?

could you choose to steal?

Arthur Brain

could you choose to kill another human being?

What the hey...

In self defence or in defence of another where lethal force was the only option, then yes. Otherwise no.

could you choose to have an adulterous affair with a married woman?

Yes although my conscience would prevent it from happening, and obviously it would have to be a woman for it to be a possibility.

could you choose to lie?

Sure, and have done just like you and everyone else.

could you choose to steal?

Again, sure although I don't.

Could I choose to start enjoying 'X Factor'? Nope...

Could I choose to start liking steak and marmalade sandwiches? Nope...

Could I choose to start being sexually attracted to men? Nope...

Some things you have a choice in, others you don't.

Arthur Brain

the point being, mr 0.26 bac, you can choose to act contrary to God's will and embrace evil

On certain things like stealing, lying, hedonism etc then sure. If you're straight then you may well choose to embrace a promiscuous lifestyle but it's always gonna be with the opposite sex. If you can find blokes intimately attractive then that's on you. I can't.