The Bob Enyart Live forum

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
If Bob didn't claim the name of Christ, I would be all for him being as contentious as he wanted to be, but he reffers to himself on air as a pastor. Its not about liking or listening, its about the reputation of Christ and his church. And as far as thinking he has gotten too nice, a study of the gospels in context would do you good. Christ reserved his anger for the religious establishment and the self righteous, it was never directed toward the lost. It is His example we must follow, not the worlds.

You seriously can't be a long time listener. Bob is actually probably more mellow that you used to be. Have you heard the recent replay of Megan's call? What do you think about that? It was a replay of the classic TV show.

http://www.kgov.com/bel_56kbps/20080626

JC4JC

Word of God is the only authoratative standard

Word of God is the only authoratative standard

You seriously can't be a long time listener. Bob is actually probably more mellow that you used to be. Have you heard the recent replay of Megan's call? What do you think about that? It was a replay of the classic TV show.

http://www.kgov.com/bel_56kbps/20080626

I thought Bob handled Meghan's call fine, there is nothing wrong with showing a unbeleiver their sin and their need for a savior, and Bob was right to not let her euphemize the killing of a baby as a procedure. That is far different from rejoicing over a sinner going to hell. And the correct standard to measure Bob (or anyone else) is not how Bob used to be, but Scripture. Be a Berean and look at the passages I alluded to above and compare Bob's show to them. Open rebuke is better than love concealed and Bob's show does not conform to the biblical call to share the truth in love.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
I thought Bob handled Meghan's call fine, there is nothing wrong with showing a unbeleiver their sin and their need for a savior, and Bob was right to not let her euphemize the killing of a baby as a procedure. That is far different from rejoicing over a sinner going to hell. And the correct standard to measure Bob (or anyone else) is not how Bob used to be, but Scripture. Be a Berean and look at the passages I alluded to above and compare Bob's show to them. Open rebuke is better than love concealed and Bob's show does not conform to the biblical call to share the truth in love.

I don't see where Bob was rejoicing the George went to Hell. Bob was telling the reasons why George wasn't in Hell. He didn't go to hell because of certain works or sins, he went to Hell because he rejected his Creator. That was the point of the show.

JC4JC

I don't see where Bob was rejoicing the George went to Hell. Bob was telling the reasons why George wasn't in Hell. He didn't go to hell because of certain works or sins, he went to Hell because he rejected his Creator. That was the point of the show.

Its not what he said but how he said it. The tone of the show was at worst celebratory and at best smug. You may not have heard rejoicing, but did you hear any sorrow that someone who was made in God's image rejected Him and was condemmed to eternal suffering apart from Him?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Its not what he said but how he said it. The tone of the show was at worst celebratory and at best smug. You may not have heard rejoicing, but did you hear any sorrow that someone who was made in God's image rejected Him and was condemmed to eternal suffering apart from Him?

(To jump in here really quick I can't imagine Carlin expecting anything less. Just my two cents.)

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Christ reserved his anger for the religious establishment and the self righteous, it was never directed toward the lost.
Um...the self righteous were the lost. The Democrat party self righteously calls itself the party of compassion while promoting legalized child murder. Hence Bob's appropriate pejorative, "Dumbocrats."

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Its time Bob's listeners hold him accountable for being unloving toward the lost and dragging the name of Christ through the mud with his uncharitable attitude. Bob is not advancing the Kingdom, he has become nothing more than a noisy gong (see 1 Cor 13:1-13). It seems he has become far more interested in being right, than in advancing the Gospel or the Kingdom.
Listening to Bob is what brought me to Christ.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bob's radio show didn't bring me to Christ, but His story sure makes a lot of sense now as opposed to when I first believed. Thanks to BEL. :thumb:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have heard these same complaints about Bob for a decade and a half. I have not noticed a change in his tone. How certain are you that Bob is more hateful and smug than he was five years ago?

JC4JC

Um...the self righteous were the lost. The Democrat party self righteously calls itself the party of compassion while promoting legalized child murder. Hence Bob's appropriate pejorative, "Dumbocrats."

Your confusing, (or maybe I wasn't clear) theological self righteousness for the current cultural definition. Christ's anger was reserved for those who believed their works made them righteous before God. One of the chief complaints against Christ found in the gospels was that he associated with tax collectors (far worse in ancient Judea than modern American democrats) and sinners. Are democrats more like the pharisees who believed they are deserving of heaven or more like the pagans who had no idea about the living God? What pejoritives do we see Jesus using for the pagans? How did He treat the adulturous woman at the well, or the woman about to bestoned, or the roman soldiers who crucified Him? What names did he call them?

JC4JC

And I readily acknowledge that the Democrats stand for evil, but so do the Republicans. They are just as responsible for abortion in America as the Democrats, they just hide it better. The Republican party treats Christians the same way the Democrats treat the Black community. They talk as if they are on our side during elections, but ignore our intrests while making policy. They consider us reliable votes, and take our support for granted. And just as the great society programs aided the decline of black families and communities, the policies and apointments of the Republicans since Nixon have done nothing but harm to Christian values (and society at large) in America

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And I readily acknowledge that the Democrats stand for evil, but so do the Republicans. They are just as responsible for abortion in America as the Democrats, they just hide it better. The Republican party treats Christians the same way the Democrats treat the Black community. They talk as if they are on our side during elections, but ignore our intrests while making policy. They consider us reliable votes, and take our support for granted. And just as the great society programs aided the decline of black families and communities, the policies and apointments of the Republicans since Nixon have done nothing but harm to Christian values (and society at large) in America
Who have you met in connection to Pastor Enyart who speaks well of republicans? I think perhaps you just outed yourself a bit further.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Duh! :duh:

Have you ever heard Bob speak favorably about the Republican Party?

Or maybe you have never actually listened to Bob at all (more than just a sentence or two). That's the real story isn't it?

JC4JC

Duh! :duh:

Have you ever heard Bob speak favorably about the Republican Party?

Or maybe you have never actually listened to Bob at all (more than just a sentence or two). That's the real story isn't it?

I listen to BEL almost everyday barring meetings, I just don't drink all of the cool-aid. Jefferson above brought the democrats up as child murderers. When is someone going to reason from Scripture about it being OK to use insults against our opponents or the lost. Maybe its just easier to try and impech me as a regular listner than to rebut the clear teaching of Scripture?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
JC4JC
Pastor Enyart calls Democrats Dumbocrats. What does he call Republicans?

drbrumley

For the record, Bob turned me on the liberal Republicans and their shenanigans many moons ago. For that I am grateful to the man. Along with many views he has. I disagree with him on a couple things, but nothing to divide us a brothers in Christ Jesus

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
All I know about Pastor Bob is what he wrote in "The Plot" and what he has contributed to ToL. I have also read the derogatory information spread close and narrow (as opposed to "far and wide"). That being writ, I do regard him highly as a brother in Jesus the Christ and fellow servant of Our Father.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
How did He treat the adulturous woman at the well1, or the woman about to bestoned,2 or the roman soldiers who crucified Him?3 What names did he call them?
  1. He called her out on her sin.
  2. He called out the accusers for their sin, and followed the law He set in place, by not condemning her in the absence of witnesses, a priest and a judge.
  3. They were doing what they were ordered to do, and what God needed to be done. However, He did tell Pilate that Judas had the greater sin...:think: