Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Full Time Job Just Correcting Glenn Beck

This is the show from Tuesday August 27th, 2013

Summary:

* Glenn Beck Won't Give His Wife a Break, EVER: Regarding the talk show host's claim that marriage is eternal and continues after death, Jesus said to Glenn Beck, "Are you not therefore mistaken, because you do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God?", to which, those in his audience who knew the Lord responded, "Amen!"

* Glenn Beck Wants to Let Homos Marry: Regarding the talk show host's ad hoc method of trying to avoid the topic of homosexual marriage by saying that the government should have no authority over marriage, Hurricane Enyart said to Glenn Beck: "You are mistaken again because you do not know the Scriptures." First, our BEL article The Bible and Polygamy presents the prohibition of polygamy in New Testament times, something it took your child-sacrificing Mormon cult many decades to find out. Secondly, our BEL article The Government's Role in Certifying Marriage, explains for example that:

- God instituted family (including marriage), church, and government
- A marriage is lawful or unlawful, and enforcement of legality is the government's domain
- To administer marriage requires the use of force, including to prevent incestuous marriage
- The administration of divorce, division of property, and child custody also requires force
- Only government can use administrative force (to compel court appearance, enforce rulings, etc.)
- Only government can compel testimony regarding marital status, child custody, etc.
- God requires marriage for sexual relations even in atheistic and pagan nations with no virtually church
- Throughout human history all cultures have recognized marriage, including pagan societies
- The Book of Exodus implies that God saw the marriage of the pagan Potiphar as inviolable
- Jesus said the Samaritans did not know God but He recognized their divorce and remarriage
- A divorced Samaritan woman's cohabitation did not make the man her husband, Jesus agreed
- 3,500 years of Judeo-Christian history since Moses recognized adultery as not only a sin but as a crime
- Judeo-Christian legal history still recognizes prostitution as not only a sin but as a crime
- Government prohibition of prostitution is related to its certification of marriage
- Government should nullify unlawful marriages such as those to children and androgynous marriages
- A bad government, as Jesus showed, like a bad dad, still has a responsibility to do rightly
- People should disobey evil government commands, but otherwise generally submit to the authorities
- A strictly private or church wedding protects no one against governmental divorce decrees
- Without government's authority, God's institution is destroyed by a virtual marital anarchy
- Christians who argue otherwise unintentionally undermine God's institution by promoting marital anarchy

Today's Resource:
The Bible, Divorce and Remarriage - DVD
http://www.kgovstore.com/servlet/Detail?no=89

A divorced man tells Bob he wants to remarry. His pastor, however, refuses to perform the ceremony, claiming that God forbids it. Is the pastor correct? In this video, Bob reads super secret Bible passages regarding divorce and remarriage which very few Christians realize exist. Is that really in my Bible? You bet it is!

Christian Liberty

Where does the Bible advocating intertwining marriage and government?

I agree that Beck is wrong on eternal marriage, heck, I completely agree that Mormons aren't Christians. But I don't see where Enyart is getting his views on marriage from.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Where does the Bible advocating intertwining marriage and government?

I agree that Beck is wrong on eternal marriage, heck, I completely agree that Mormons aren't Christians. But I don't see where Enyart is getting his views on marriage from.
Did you listen to the show?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
We've had a good-'ole-boys club for decades where each ministry compromises on fundamental morality and all the other ministries look the other way. The only time they confront one another is if they think their taking their mailing-list or their donors. That's it. That is it. Whereas in the Bible, the prophets and the apostles held one another accountable.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bob Enyart brought up a scripture that I had not considered on this topic.
(So, thank you, Bob, for pointing it out!)

Jesus told the Samaritan woman that He met at the well that she had had 5 husbands during her life. But that the man she had now was not her husband. (John 4:17-18)

Bob uses this story to point out that just because a man and woman are living together does not a marriage make.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Jesus told the Samaritan woman that He met at the well that she had had 5 husbands during her life. But that the man she had now was not her husband. (John 4:17-18)

Bob uses this story to point out that just because a man and woman are living together does not a marriage make.
It is possible she had not divorced husband number five and was therefore living in outright adultery.

Glenn Beck is a good man, and he reports stories that everyone else turns a blind eye to. I hate Beck-Haters.
Mormon lover.

Christian Liberty

You know, I'm in a debate with someone on another forum that believes that sexual intercourse actually creates marriage, so this is very interesting with that being considered.

That said, I don't see why it has to be a Government license either. Why can't the churches handle it? Heck, wouldn't 1 Corinthians 6 teach that the church should be handling stuff like this, since we're going to judge the world?

Glenn Beck is a good man, and he reports stories that everyone else turns a blind eye to. I hate Beck-Haters.

I lost some respect for him when he attacked Ron Paul over his comments about the proud murderer Chris Kyle. (Ron didn't go nearly as far as I would, of course, Ron didn't actually say that Kyle deserved to die.)

He's also referred to Ron Paul supporters as "terrorists" in the past.

I like Beck better than Hannity, Levin, or Limbaugh though. I wouldn't say I "hate" Glenn Beck. I like a lot of what he says.

It is possible she had not divorced husband number five and was therefore living in outright adultery.

Devil's Advocate: would it matter? Is an immoral divorce actually binding? Isn't she still married to her first husband?

(Note that I'm playing devil's advocate here, this isn't necessarily my position, in fact, I lean toward disagreeing with it.)

Mormon lover.

Glenn Beck believes in damnable heresy, but he's good on some political issues. And I happen to agree with Beck that government shouldn't be involved in marriage.

Christian Liberty

OK, so for those of you who think John 4 is justification for statist marriage, what if government listened to people like me and didn't get involved? Would it then be immoral/impossible for anyone to get married?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Devil's Advocate: would it matter? Is an immoral divorce actually binding? Isn't she still married to her first husband?

(Note that I'm playing devil's advocate here, this isn't necessarily my position, in fact, I lean toward disagreeing with it.)
With what Jesus said about certificates of divorce, no, she would not be married still to the first. However, she would be guilty of adultery after the fact in remarriage, at that time. However, she was not aware of Jesus clarifying this, and thus might not be held as guilty.

Either way, if the case is as I proposed then she would certainly be living in outright adultery.

Glenn Beck believes in damnable heresy, but he's good on some political issues. And I happen to agree with Beck that government shouldn't be involved in marriage.
I was just needling the Catholic.

Christian Liberty

With what Jesus said about certificates of divorce, no, she would not be married still to the first. However, she would be guilty of adultery after the fact in remarriage, at that time. However, she was not aware of Jesus clarifying this, and thus might not be held as guilty.

Either way, if the case is as I proposed then she would certainly be living in outright adultery.

After she came to Christ, what husband did she live with?

I was just needling the Catholic.

They're also damnable heretics.