Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Boy Scouts Become Girl Scouts

This is the show from Monday June 24th, 2013

Summary:

After updating the Colorado pro-choice rapist William Costello, and the six year old boy mistreated as a girl by his parents, Bob Enyart discusses the horrific development with the Boy Scouts, attacking themselves, by inviting homosexual youth into the program.

Jabin

Author Ann Rice mentioned that we're becoming a lynch mob culture. The Boy Scouts were getting lynched and so they caved. Boys are going to be the victims.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Using that phrase so casually is kind of an insult to the black folks who were...you know...actually lynched.

Brother Vinny

Using that phrase so casually is kind of an insult to the black folks who were...you know...actually lynched.

As if black folks were the only ones to have ever been lynched. The fact that you read race into a race-neutral word speaks volumes.

Lynching is to be punished by a mob without trial, which sounds about right.

Padre Vorbis

I agree, it's very sad. Soon big organizations will have to treat transgender people like human beings too. Perish the thought!

Brother Vinny

I agree, it's very sad. Soon big organizations will have to treat transgender people like human beings too. Perish the thought!

Boy Scouts didn't have to do anything. In court battle after court battle they'd won their right to retain their character as a quasi-religious organization.

BSA capitulated via its Scoutmasters.

One less organization I have to pay dues to.

Huckleberry

I have no strong feelings about it.

(I don't have a daughter, but assuming I did for the purposes of this hypothetical situation.)
Then I hope you never do. :idunno:

If you're going to avoid the obvious point, though...do you agree with allowing the transgendered to use restroom reserved for the opposite sex (opposite from the gender they were born into)?

You don't have to answer, you know. It'd be better not to than to so obviously avoiding acknowledging the point.

Padre Vorbis

I don't have any problem with a transgendered person using whichever restroom they feel most comfortable using. What is your point?

Huckleberry

I don't have any problem with a transgendered person using whichever restroom they feel most comfortable using. What is your point?
Doesn't answer my question. I didn't ask how you felt about it personally, I asked if you agreed with allowing them to use those restrooms.

I'll be more specific, in case you really are having difficult following me here. Let's say a public junior high school allows a transgendered female custodian (was male, now self-identifies as female, mind you) to use the girl's restroom at that school, even while school girls are in there.

Would you agree with that school's decision?

What if the girls of that school protested even before the final decision was made, with the majority on record against it?

Padre Vorbis

Doesn't answer my question. I didn't ask how you felt about it personally, I asked if you agreed with allowing them to use those restrooms.

I'll be more specific, in case you really are having difficult following me here. Let's say a public junior high school allows a transgendered female custodian (was male, now self-identifies as female, mind you) to use the girl's restroom at that school, even while school girls are in there.

Would you agree with that school's decision?

What if the girls of that school protested even before the final decision was made, with the majority on record against it?

I fail to see how anyone is disadvantaged by allowing a person to use a particular restroom, so yes, I would agree.

(Though I'm pretty sure most schools have separate restrooms for staff and students.)

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How do you feel about a transgendered "female" using the ladies restroom while your daughter is in there?
:vomit:

I don't have a daughter, but that's my visceral reaction when I find one in the ladies room.

Huckleberry

I fail to see how anyone is disadvantaged by allowing a person to use a particular restroom, so yes, I would agree.

(Though I'm pretty sure most schools have separate restrooms for staff and students.)
First, what does "disadvantaged" mean in this context? It seems a bizarre choice of words. Perhaps you can explain its usage here?

Second, that the majority of the girls of that school disagree with the decision means nothing to you?

With all due respect...what the heck is wrong with you? :AMR:

Padre Vorbis

First, what does "disadvantaged" mean in this context? It seems a bizarre choice of words. Perhaps you can explain its usage here?

Second, that the majority of the girls of that school disagree with the decision means nothing to you?

With all due respect...what the heck is wrong with you? :AMR:

By "disadvantaged" I mean put at a disadvantage, affected negatively, weakened, set back, harmed, or injured.

I fail to see how anyone is harmed by someone using the restroom of their choice. How exactly are these girls affected negatively by a transgender person urinating in proximity to them?

Their complaints alone mean nothing if they are not backed up by a valid argument.

Huckleberry

By "disadvantaged" I mean put at a disadvantage, affected negatively, weakened, set back, harmed, or injured.

I fail to see how anyone is harmed by someone using the restroom of their choice. How exactly are these girls affected negatively by a transgender person urinating in proximity to them?

Their complaints alone mean nothing if they are not backed up by a valid argument.

Their protest even prior to the decision witnesses to their feeling disadvantaged. So you're comfortable disregarding that if you don't feel they have a valid argument? Just to be clear here.

My argument in such a case would be that you have a man who already suffers from a gender identity disorder sharing a restroom with school girls and that this is inherently dangerous. Do you find that to be a valid argument?

Are you aware that 29% of transgendered male-to-females identify as lesbian (attracted to females) and 31% as bisexual? Does that impact your position at all?

Padre Vorbis

Their protest even prior to the decision witnesses to their feeling disadvantaged. So you're comfortable disregarding that if you don't feel they have a valid argument? Just to be clear here.

Feeling disadvantaged does not equate to being disadvantaged. People complain about all sorts of things that don't affect them at all (see the gay marriage debate).

My argument in such a case would be that you have a man who already suffers from a gender identity disorder sharing a restroom with school girls and that this is inherently dangerous. Do you find that to be a valid argument?

I don't see how it's dangerous.

Are you aware that 29% of transgendered male-to-females identify as lesbian (attracted to females) and 31% as bisexual? Does that impact your position at all?

Why would it impact my position?

In most schools in my country, students and staff use separate restroom facilities. I don't know if that's the case where you live.

I think a member of staff using a restroom reserved for students on a regular basis would be odd, but I don't see how their gender identity is relevant.

Huckleberry

Feeling disadvantaged does not equate to being disadvantaged. People complain about all sorts of things that don't affect them at all (see the gay marriage debate).

I don't see how it's dangerous.

Why would it impact my position?

In most schools in my country, students and staff use separate restroom facilities. I don't know if that's the case where you live.

I think a member of staff using a restroom reserved for students on a regular basis would be odd, but I don't see how their gender identity is relevant.
So let's see where your thinking has led you. You approve of an adult male-to-female transgender, even one who identifies as attracted to females, using the girl's restroom against the wishes of the girls in question.

Let's see how consistent you are in your beliefs. How about the same situation with a heterosexual adult male custodian?