Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Denver Bible Buying a Church!

This is the show from Monday May 6th, 2013

SUMMARY:

* Out of the Closet: For 20 years Bob has warned Christians that as homos come out, Christians will be forced into the closet. Now a CNN reporter has acknowledged that Bob’s prophecy has come true.

* Reasons 680: to keep your kids out of the government schools: the Dept. of Education has a program in place to help with money for godless secular counseling following school bombings, shootings, suicides, V.D. outbreaks etc… And just a reminder of the top 5 reasons to keep, (or get) your kids out of the government schools:
  • One: the system is officially godless
  • Two: the curriculum denies God as creator and teaches kids they're animals
  • Three: the system teaches kids to kill unborn children
  • Four: the system promotes sexual immorality to children, including homosexuality, & fornication
  • Five: the system steals money from our neighbors and forces them to pay for other kids education

* God’s Rolling Tape: While government officials pursue terrorists, it’s come to light that they may have recorded the phone calls of one of the Boston bombers and his allegedly terrorist wife. And some are concerned that the government might be recording our phone calls. Bob’s co-host Doug McBurney reminds listeners that God is recording not only ALL of our phone calls, but “every idle word…”

We're Moving: Bob & co-host Doug McBurney discuss the efforts of Denver Bible Church to acquire a meeting place. Doug says CNN has acknowledged a BEL prophecy about Christians in the closet, God is recording every Americans phone calls & reasons 680 & 681 to keep your kids out of the government schools. And Bob recaps reasons 1-5.

Jukia

Public schools. My 4 kids went to those types of schools. all but the first item in Pastor Bob's list is bogus in my experience.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
....Or words that drive people from the gospel message.

Christian Liberty

Public schools. My 4 kids went to those types of schools. all but the first item in Pastor Bob's list is bogus in my experience.

The fifth one is self-evidently true. ANY govenrment program is a theft from someone to someone else. I don't think they can all be avoided (Defense, courts, and police), but the public education system can be fairly easily.

The second, third, and fourth are probably sometimes true depending on the teachers in question. Teaching evolution is at least arguably teaching that men are animals. My brother tells me he was taught (He knows its wrong ) that life doesn't begin at conception, but I've never heard them outright tell us this. I believe my brother though.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The fifth one is self-evidently true. ANY govenrment program is a theft from someone to someone else. I don't think they can all be avoided (Defense, courts, and police), but the public education system can be fairly easily.

Government exists for infastructure, and to wield the sword of justice. Using government to redistribute wealth is stealing.

Jukia

But by your definition, even defense, courts and the cops are theft? Firemen? EMTs. Govt regulatory agencies---EPA, SEC, etc. All "theft".

Is it only those services that you approve of that is not theft? In that case we should each get to decide what govt programs we want to support. A bit unworkable, no?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jukia

Government exists for infastructure, and to wield the sword of justice. Using government to redistribute wealth is stealing.

As long as you get to define "infrastructure" and you get to decide what is "justice". Standard recent fundy method of operation. No thanks.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You don't find two or five to be true? You're out of touch with reality, then.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Five is absolutely rediculous. The government cannot steal that which, according to Jesus, is already there.

How much of the money you work hard for did Jesus say already rightly belongs to the government? 20%? 50%? all of it?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
One: the system is officially godless[*]
Two: the curriculum denies God as creator and teaches kids they're animals[*]
Three: the system teaches kids to kill unborn children[*]
Four: the system promotes sexual immorality to children, including homosexuality, & fornication[*]
Five: the system steals money from our neighbors and forces them to pay for other kids education
One - officially true, functionally, something different. When my daughter was in public school kindergarten, her Mom was going through breast cancer treatment. One day the teacher took her aside and prayed with her. Officially, very wrong. For a scared little girl, wonderful. Remember, a great many public school teachers sit in the seats beside you on Sunday morning.

Two - we are animals. It is not our physical form that makes us special, it is our soul.

Three - not once have my kids ever been told that abortion is the way to solve a problem. They have been told how to prevent pregnancy. And their mom and dad have taught them that abstinence prevents far more heartache than birth control alone can ever deal with.

Four - um, no. They do not promote fornication. They do prohibit bullying including bullying based on sexual orientation.

Five - laughably wrong. Matt 17:24-27, Matt 22:15-22, mark12:13-17.

I think the fear mongering is a bit over the top. The sinle most important factor in our kids success is parental involvement. Schools do not fail our kids, parents fail their kids.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
How much of the money you work hard for did Jesus say already rightly belongs to the government? 20%? 50%? all of it?

Mark 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Why number did Jesus limit it to?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mark 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Do you believe, based on Mark 12 that Caesar is rightly entitled to all of your money?

In my opinion Jesus didn't get into that subject in this particular story.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then what was He talking about?
He certainly was affirming that government has some just reason to tax people.
Can I at least get you start by admitting that, if the Roman government would have instituted a 95% tax, that the Jews would not have been able to tithe and that would have been unjust?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
He certainly was affirming that government has some just reason to tax people.
Can I at least get you start by admitting that, if the Roman government would have instituted a 95% tax, that the Jews would not have been able to tithe and that would have been unjust?

What limits did Jesus but on His statement? In other words, how much of the governments printed money did Jesus say or infer belongs to God? Or to a person for that matter?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Five is absolutely rediculous. The government cannot steal that which, according to Jesus, is already there.
How is it ridiculous? How is that money already there? Or did you mean "theirs"? And if so, how is that much of the money we earn the government's take?

You're arguing from silence, because Jesus gave no number in that story, but you're forgetting one thing; God had already given a number for what was to be given to Him: ten percent.

So, do you think Jesus would ever advocate giving to Caesar more than one gives to God?

Here is what God had to say, through His prophet Samuel:

And he said, “This will be the behavior of the king who will reign over you: He will take your sons and appoint them for his own chariots and to be his horsemen, and some will run before his chariots. He will appoint captains over his thousands and captains over his fifties, will set some to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and some to make his weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. He will take your daughters to be perfumers, cooks, and bakers. And he will take the best of your fields, your vineyards, and your olive groves, and give them to his servants. He will take a tenth of your grain and your vintage, and give it to his officers and servants. And he will take your male servants, your female servants, your finest young men, and your donkeys, and put them to his work. He will take a tenth of your sheep. And you will be his servants. And you will cry out in that day because of your king whom you have chosen for yourselves, and the Lord will not hear you in that day.”
-1 Samuel 8:11-18

So, for the government to take even as much as God is tyrannical.