Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Election Day at K-GOV

This is the show from Tuesday November 2nd, 2010.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
Barack Obama says he's pro-choice. Why has he not been fighting against China's forced abortion program for the last 2 years if he's pro-choice? They are lying child-killers.

SUMMARY:

* BEL on K-GOVERNMENT (KGOV.com) on Election Day: Bob Enyart talks about why his program fights so hard to end child killing (as though there were any other course of action that would honor God). Also Bob talked:
- about Leslie getting our governor to remove the anti-62 signs from around the capitol, and
- with Jo about the mom who saved her baby being dragged back into the abortion mill, and
- about voting against politicians like Ken Buck who put child-killing judges in office, and
- with John who refused to remove his t-shirt while voting, and
- about abortion being wrong because it's a baby and it's always wrong to kill a baby, and
- with Lana about the Republican cheat sheet that said vote No on the pro-life amendment, and
- about the video that shows Planned Parenthood's anti-science Campus Outreach Team, and
- with Kim who called Bob "honey," and somehow, got away with it.

* See more A62 videos!

* Here's what the A62 Campaign Needs Today: Check out these last three vital needs for today, Election Day: Vote, Call, and Wave!

* Bob Enyart 2010 Voter Guide:
- Yes on All Colorado Amendments
- No on all Judges (clear the bench)
- Against all Dems
- Yes for all ACP Constitution Party Candidates including Tancredo and Amanda Campbell for SoS, and
- Against Ken Buck whose already broken every pro-life campaign promise he made (see AmericanRTL.org/kenbuck) including with his "Buck's Circular Failure Strategy" of saying the court's are not ready for personhood, and that he will confirm pro-choice judges. Rocket scientist.

Today’s Resource: Bob Enyart's life's work is based on this observation: Grasping the overview of the Bible is the KEY to its DETAILS. It's available in a soft-cover book titled The Plot, and in a downloadable pdf version. or both, and it's also available in an audio recording of Bob's Plot seminars! And have your kids or grand kids heard the The Plot Boys yet? In this audio series for young people, Bob and two young boys, Stephen and Josh, teach through an overview of the Bible. This teaching is presented in a way that kids (and adults) can really understand, so it's a valuable foundation for a serious understanding of the story of the Bible. Also, consider ordering the entire Enyart Library! This invaluable resource will benefit your entire family or church and help support the ministry of Bob Enyart Live.

Alate_One

Yeah opposing person hood was so stupid wasn't it . . .oh wait.

At last count Amendment 62 was 29% in favor 71% opposed. Better come up with a new strategy. That's not even close.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's never wrong to oppose stupidity and evil.

And what person ever changed anything by compromising with evil?

And since when is an election the determiner of what is right and what is wrong?

Alate_One

It's never wrong to oppose stupidity and evil.
Its never wrong but it isn't always wise. HOW you oppose it influences whether you will triumph or not.

And what person ever changed anything by compromising with evil?
Look at civil rights in the U.S. Equal rights for all men and women certainly didn't happen all at once (and still isn't perfectly equal). Why would you think rights for what amount to invisible persons would happen all at once? :kookoo:

And since when is an election the determiner of what is right and what is wrong?
I don't know . .you guys are the ones that brought the issue up for a vote. :hammer:

Guess what? Abortions are still happening in the state of Colorado and elsewhere. A lot of time and effort was wasted . . .again.

How about going for things that might ACTUALLY save the unborn, hmm?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Yeah opposing person hood was so stupid wasn't it . . .oh wait.

At last count Amendment 62 was 29% in favor 71% opposed. Better come up with a new strategy. That's not even close.
The masses are evil (Ex 23:2).

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Its never wrong but it isn't always wise. HOW you oppose it influences whether you will triumph or not.

No, victory is guaranteed.

Look at civil rights in the U.S. Equal rights for all men and women certainly didn't happen all at once (and still isn't perfectly equal). Why would you think rights for what amount to invisible persons would happen all at once? :koo koo:
What is being done that has led you to believe this campaign is all about what might happen tomorrow?

I don't know . .you guys are the ones that brought the issue up for a vote. :ham mer:
Us guys? I live on a Pacific island, dummy. I can count on one hand the number of times I've visited the States.

Was there something wrong with putting the issue on the ballot? Does that act change the truth? Does the vote count mean something more significant than 70% of people think babies aren't people? You present the numbers as if they are vastly significant. What is so important about them?

Guess what? Abortions are still happening in the state of Colorado and elsewhere. A lot of time and effort was wasted . . .again.
And guess what .. if you teach a child how to do long division he might get it wrong a few times.

Learn to think before you speak, dummy.

How about going for things that might ACTUALLY save the unborn, hmm?

Like what? I think that presenting the issue in a confrontational manner, as has been done leading up to the last two elections, is the only way to exercise change of this nature. What do you think should happen?

Merry meat

Jer 1:5. It's never wrong to do right (Mt 12:30, Mt 25:23).

Time would have been better spent doing other right things that would disuade mothers from killing their babies in a more effecient manner. Even if this passed, it would be overturned rapidly. It failed last time, it failed in the pollings and the pro-aborts raised 10 times as much as us pro-lifers. It was doomed from the beginning.

Cracked

First, it is funny to see the pro-aborts resort to this kind of argument to support their right to kill their unborn children. Further proof that there is about zero argument there. Second, I had to laugh (out loud) at the title "war on science" coming from people who actively support YEC.

It seems that, for both parties, science is a matter of convenience.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
it is funny to see the pro-aborts resort to this kind of argument...
They fight to protect their sexual perversion (Deut. 22:22–29, Deut. 23:17, Lev. 18:6–18, Rom. 1:26, 27, Deut. 27:21. Payday someday (Lev. 18:22–28, 1 Cor. 5:1–5, Lev. 20:13–16).

Alate_One

No, victory is guaranteed.
Oh? God promises ultimate victory over evil at the end of the world. There's no promise between now and then.

What is being done that has led you to believe this campaign is all about what might happen tomorrow?
It obviously didn't convince much of anyone new into voting for it.

Us guys? I live on a Pacific island, dummy. I can count on one hand the number of times I've visited the States.
Stripe, do you honestly think I don't know where you live by now? I lumped you in with this campaign because you support it and Bob Enyart without question.

Was there something wrong with putting the issue on the ballot? Does that act change the truth? Does the vote count mean something more significant than 70% of people think babies aren't people? You present the numbers as if they are vastly significant. What is so important about them?
The US is a democracy. When 70% of the people oppose your proposal, what chance is there of it being enacted? Almost none.

Like what? I think that presenting the issue in a confrontational manner, as has been done leading up to the last two elections, is the only way to exercise change of this nature. What do you think should happen?
I think you need to spend time advocating for things that ACTUALLY reduce abortion rates. Education on exactly what happens when in human development. (Not calling one cell a "baby" for example) Promote contraception you find acceptable as well as abstinence.

Advocate for supporting ALL pregnant women with pre-natal care, nutritious food etc. (not just those that can afford it). Advocate for making adoption an easier choice for women with unplanned pregnancies. Make an ad campaign showing parents desperate to adopt a child and make an effort to link those parents with those not wanting their child.

In situations where we feel laws are unjust, when it becomes clear trying to change the laws in a perfect manner is beating your head against the wall, we need to come up with a new strategy.

Alate_One

This question has obviously stumped Alate_One.
No actually it didn't . .I forgot about this thread. Read what I said to Stripe.

Also if you went after late term abortions, you would find broad public support. It wouldn't save that many babies (since they are relatively rare) but it would be a lot better than trying to save them all and actually saving none.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh? God promises ultimate victory over evil at the end of the world. There's no promise between now and then.

So you're going to retract or properly qualify your opinion now, right? You said the methods we use to oppose abortion will affect our ability to defeat abortion, but I said victory is guaranteed. You agree with my correction of you, right?

And your assessment of what God has promised is utterly ignorant. You clearly have never opened a bible in your life.

It obviously didn't convince much of anyone new into voting for it.
:squint: You cannot count either, can you?

Stripe, do you honestly think I don't know where you live by now? I lumped you in with this campaign because you support it and Bob Enyart without question.
And your crass portrayal of the facts needs to be resisted and corrected at every turn.

The US is a democracy. When 70% of the people oppose your proposal, what chance is there of it being enacted? Almost none.
:rotfl:

Tell that to the homos in California.

Tell that to parents in New Zealand.

I think you need to spend time advocating for things that ACTUALLY reduce abortion rates. Promote contraception you find acceptable as well as abstinence. Advocate for supporting ALL pregnant women with pre-natal care, nutritious food etc. (not just those that can afford it). Advocate for making adoption an easier choice for women with unplanned pregnancies. Make an ad campaign showing parents desperate to adopt a child and make an effort to link those parents with those not wanting their child.
All that can and is being done and I would probably support it if I felt the need. :idunno:

Why are you so snippy about a little more action?

In situations where we feel laws are unjust, when it becomes clear trying to change the laws in a perfect manner is beating your head against the wall, we need to come up with a new strategy.
What brick wall? One in three people supported this initiative! What is "brick wall" about 30% support?

Alate_One

So you're going to retract or properly qualify your opinion now, right? You said the methods we use to oppose abortion will affect our ability to defeat abortion, but I said victory is guaranteed. You agree with my correction of you, right?
your "correction" has no bearing on what we are to do now.

And your assessment of what God has promised is utterly ignorant. You clearly have never opened a bible in your life.
Now you're just spouting nonsense. If I'm so wrong, give me chapter and verse supporting your position.

:squint: You cannot count either, can you?

And your crass portrayal of the facts needs to be resisted and corrected at every turn.
You had an extremely conservative electorate this time, and the percentage barely budged.

Tell that to the homos in California.

Tell that to parents in New Zealand.
Um those were referenda on the issues, they were CONSISTENT with public opinion . . . This referendum came out totally opposite to the writers of the proposal's intention. Totally opposite of your New Zealand "example".

All that can and is being done and I would probably support it if I felt the need. :idunno:

Why are you so snippy about a little more action?
A little more action? My heavens, Stripe . . .how can you talk about things that ACTUALLY save babies with such derision? I think you're far more interested in the principle than the actual goal. And no I'm not talking about a "little". I'm talking about big ad campaigns that would actually give people an out rather than the vacuous billboards I see around here.

What brick wall? One in three people supported this initiative! What is "brick wall" about 30% support?
Even 50% support would be a narrow divide that might be rapidly overturned, but you're not even close to that.

One Eyed Jack

She's just trying to convince you the whole thing is a waste of time. I've seen it many times -- my mom is a pro at this.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
your "correction" has no bearing on what we are to do now.
And what we are to do now has no bearing on the fact that abortion will end.

Now you're just spouting nonsense. If I'm so wrong, give me chapter and verse supporting your position.
I see. You're looking for a promise of God in the bible, right?

You had an extremely conservative electorate this time, and the percentage barely budged.
It was the same electorate as last time, dummy. You cannot hide the fact that more people voted for personhood this time behind the idea that the electorate became more conservative.

Um those were referenda on the issues, they were CONSISTENT with public opinion . . . This referendum came out totally opposite to the writers of the proposal's intention. Totally opposite of your New Zealand "example".
Your dishonesty is palpable!

You claim that there is almost no chance of a measure being introduced when 70% of the people oppose it, yet when shown completely wrong you change your conditions.

Learn to engage in a discussion with some honesty. :up:

Alate_One

And what we are to do now has no bearing on the fact that abortion will end.
Murder has not ended anywhere, despite it being illegal virtually everywhere. I can show you statistics that show the abortion rate in countries where abortion is illegal is no different than in countries where it is legal.

There is no guarantee, save the end of the world itself. Do things that save lives. Don't try to rely on the government as your remedy.

I see. You're looking for a promise of God in the bible, right?
That was your implication.

It was the same electorate as last time, dummy.
Um, no it wasn't, lunkhead. Last time it ran was in a huge democratic wave. This time, democrats didn't vote. The electorate was mostly older and conservative. I'd forgive you for this error since you don't actually live in the US but you decided to wax stupid instead of recognizing your own ignorance.

You cannot hide the fact that more people voted for personhood this time behind the idea that the electorate became more conservative.
It is an accurate statement that has been widely reported. Turnout in midterm elections is almost always biased this way, this year more than others. Point being this was probably the best imaginable shot for the measure and it Epic failed.

Your dishonesty is palpable!

You claim that there is almost no chance of a measure being introduced when 70% of the people oppose it, yet when shown completely wrong you change your conditions.
No, I said there was almost no chance of a measure PASSING if 70% oppose it.

Learn to engage in a discussion with some honesty. :up:
How about you learn to think and to read for a change?

Status
Not open for further replies.