Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bob Enyart's 2010 Voter Guide

This is the show from Friday October 29th, 2010.

BEST QUOTES OF THE SHOW:
If you ever hear someone say, "Well, you gotta do what you think is right," stop them, correct them, warn them because in the bible that's a curse. That's a curse. God condemns society when everyone does what they think is right. You don't do what you think is right. You have an obligation, a duty before God to find out what is right and to do that.
[Amendment 62] is really separating the wheat from the chaff. People are going to find out who's really for ending abortion and who wants to perpetuate it for the cash cow it has become.

SUMMARY:

* Gregg, Paul and Robert Talk with Bob about Who to Vote For and Not: Only vote for those who refuse to intentionally kill a single innocent child. That means, don't vote for Ken Buck because he's promised to confirm pro-choice judges (i.e., judges who kill children by the busload full). And Bob's voting Yes on the Amendments for lower taxes, inalienable rights, and to reject Obamacare.

* Bob Lists Nationwide Personhood Amendment 62 Endorsements: now including Focus on the Family, American Family Association, Pam Tebow, and a boatload of Christian, legal, and pro-life organizations, all presented in a growing list of leaders at Personhood.net! And hear from quadriplegic Joni Eareckson Toda promoting personhood!

* Colorado Boy, and Viral YouTube Updates:
- By his own initiative, at Lego.com Dominic E. made the Yes62 artwork pictured here! Way to go Dominic!
- Amendment 62's Prolife Tea Party Vote video (see below) is about to hit 175,000 views on YouTube!

* Here's what the A62 Campaign Needs this Last Week: Check out these five vital needs for this last week's campaign push, including:
- Calling Ten
- Walking List
- Phone Bank
- Donate
- Election Day Help!

* Colorado's Voter Guide:
- Yes on All Colorado Amendments
- No on all Judges (clear the bench)
- Against all Dems
- Yes for all ACP Constitution Party Candidates including Tancredo and Amanda Campbell for SoS
- and Against Ken Buck whose already broken every pro-life campaign promise he made (see AmericanRTL.org/kenbuck) including by now saying that he will confirm pro-choice judges.

Today’s Resource: Bob Enyart's life's work, The Plot, is based on this observation: Grasping the overview of the Bible is the KEY to its DETAILS! It's available in a soft-cover book titled The Plot, and in a downloadable pdf version. or both, and it's also available in an audio recording of Bob's Plot seminars! And have your kids or grandkids heard the The Plot Boys yet? In this audio series for young people, Bob and two young boys, Stephen and Josh, teach through an overview of the Bible. This teaching is presented in a way that kids (and adults) can really understand, so it's a valuable foundation for a serious understanding of the story of the Bible. Also, consider ordering the entire Enyart Library! This invaluable resource will benefit your entire family or church and help support the ministry of Bob Enyart Live.

MrRadish

If you ever hear someone say, "Well, you gotta do what you think is right," stop them, correct them, warn them because in the bible that's a curse. That's a curse. God condemns society when everyone does what they think is right. You don't do what you think is right. You have an obligation, a duty before God to find out what is right and to do that.

Of course you do what you think is right. It's all very well saying that you should try to make an informed decision, but at the end of the day you're still going with what you think.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Of course you do what you think is right. It's all very well saying that you should try to make an informed decision, but at the end of the day you're still going with what you think.
I don't. I go with what the Bible says. If I did what I thought was best I would have voted for McCain in the last election. But the Bible says don't choose the lesser of 2 evils and don't do evil trying to make good come from it. So I voted for Alan Keyes even though I knew he would lose. I did the right thing, not because I thought it was the right thing but because I went to the Bible first and found out what the right thing was. I would not have voted for Keyes if relied on my own judgment of right and wrong.

zoo22

You thought it was right to do what you believed The Bible told you, so you voted for Keyes. How in the world is that not doing what you think is right?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the Democratic Party supports abortion
and
the only way to defeat it is to vote republican every chance you get

this is the Christian voter guide

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
You thought it was right to do what you believed The Bible told you, so you voted for Keyes. How in the world is that not doing what you think is right?
Simple. Here's another example. There are many non-Christians who are against the death penalty. They later convert to Christianity and are still against the death penalty. Then, one day they're reading their Bible and realize that God is in favor of the death penalty. Knowing Christians are supposed to be in agreement with God, that person decides to support the death penalty even though he doesn't know a single good argument for it and thinks the many arguments against it are logically sound. He knows he's doing the right thing because he now is doing what God wants him to do, he just doesn't know why it's the right thing other than because it's in the Bible.

That person is not doing what he thinks is right because he is still personally against the death penalty. He's simply obeying God by doing what God wants him to do, even though he personally disagrees with it.

MrRadish

Simple. Here's another example. There are many non-Christians who are against the death penalty. They later convert to Christianity and are still against the death penalty. Then, one day they're reading their Bible and realize that God is in favor of the death penalty. Knowing Christians are supposed to be in agreement with God, that person decides to support the death penalty even though he doesn't know a single good argument for it and thinks the many arguments against it are logically sound. He knows he's doing the right thing because he now is doing what God wants him to do, he just doesn't know why it's the right thing other than because it's in the Bible.

That person is not doing what he thinks is right because he is still personally against the death penalty. He's simply obeying God by doing what God wants him to do, even though he personally disagrees with it.

He's still doing what he thinks is right. He's just basing said opinion on the Bible and not his faculty of reason (although presumably he has somehow arrived at the conclusion that the Bible is correct using his faculty of reason, so indirectly he even supports the death penalty logically). He believes that the Bible is morally correct, even if he doesn't know why. Thus, he thinks that everything in the Bible is 'right'. He is therefore doing what he thinks to be right.

I don't really see how one could come to any conclusion but this.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
He's still doing what he thinks is right. He's just basing said opinion on the Bible and not his faculty of reason (although presumably he has somehow arrived at the conclusion that the Bible is correct using his faculty of reason, so indirectly he even supports the death penalty logically). He believes that the Bible is morally correct, even if he doesn't know why. Thus, he thinks that everything in the Bible is 'right'. He is therefore doing what he thinks to be right.

I don't really see how one could come to any conclusion but this.
The implication is that he's doing whatever he thinks is right, not just what he thinks is right. "Whatever" implies there are no wrong answers.

MrRadish

The implication is that he's doing whatever he thinks is right, not just what he thinks is right. "Whatever" implies there are no wrong answers.

No it doesn't. It just implies that other people might disagree with it.

Besides, the original quote said, "you gotta do what you think is right". Not 'whatever' (even if it did make a difference).

Status
Not open for further replies.