Display.exe: Posted to document the date of my invention

genuineoriginal

Hey Bob,

Since your program seems to be a text application, can I create a program based on it that can display images?
I am guessing I can adapt the principles used to display a digital image of every photo ever taken with a camera, even if the negative was destroyed before it was developed.

The Graphite

WHAT!?!

This has to be the most anticipated program EVER! Do fortune cookies fortunes count as scrolls?

I am more excited about this program than any Christmas day as child.
I'm 99.9% sure what he means is that it will display information that is on scrolls. Info that is on scrolls will be displayed by this program. Any scroll, anywhere.

The Graphite

Aww shucks!

I was thinking that using a scroll for the display would be soooo much better than a Kindle.
Well, I'd be willing to bed you could hook up the computer his software is running on, to an inkjet printer, and then you can run some scrolls through there.

Would that do the trick?

I think the point of this software, however, is the opposite of what you're proposing.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well, I'd be willing to bed you could hook up the computer his software is running on, to an inkjet printer, and then you can run some scrolls through there.

Would that do the trick?
It would be much cooler if it were like those electronic scrolls in Science fiction movies, where you roll it out and it's a flexible computer screen...

fool

Hall of Fame
Hey Bob,

Since your program seems to be a text application, can I create a program based on it that can display images?
I am guessing I can adapt the principles used to display a digital image of every photo ever taken with a camera, even if the negative was destroyed before it was developed.

It's going to have to display images if it can display any page of any book. Books have images in them.