Display.exe: Posted to document the date of my invention

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've worked on this for a decade aa, and of course I'm not certain what might be the best way to share this development with others. But I'm thinking that a TOL thread is a very good way to introduce Display and let others grapple with its implications as I have been doing for years now.
I will gladly be a beta tester. Please send me the executable or installer program and I will get started right away. That is, unless Display.exe is nothing more than a GUI front-end for internet search engines. :squint:

AMR

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But I'm thinking that a TOL thread is a very good way to introduce Display and let others grapple with its implications as I have been doing for years now.

You mean like there is no such thing as intellectual property?

I have a device that will display any book. It is made by Cannon. I can do it real time. Turn on the camera, hook up the HDMI, and turn the pages one by one.

fool

Hall of Fame
You mean like there is no such thing as intellectual property?

I have a device that will display any book. It is made by Cannon. I can do it real time. Turn on the camera, hook up the HDMI, and turn the pages one by one.

But you have to have a copy of the book to turn the pages.
Bob claims he can display the pages without having a copy of the book.
Like an all seeing crystal ball.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's been my inclination from the beginning, though somehow I think he's going to try to connect it to classical theism, rather than Open.
Well of course this has been the intent all along, hence my comment re: shenanigans and attention seeking. I just wish he would get on with it and stop insulting the intelligence of some of the readers herein. Probably will be best to look for the revelation of Display.exe exactly 114 days from now. ;)

AMR

MrRadish

That's been my inclination from the beginning, though somehow I think he's going to try to connect it to classical theism, rather than Open.

Quite, yes. But my point is it's going to end up being a pound-shop stand-in for a real argument as to why his own Open Theist views are correct.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Display.exe works exactly as Bob described.
The program is based on principles that date back to Aristotle and are described in detail here.

:think:

If that's the case then I can show him wrong. Prepare to hang your broadcasting career on the capriciousness of my whim, Pastor Enyart! :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think Knight was joking.
No, actually I wasn't.

If the program can generate every page of every book that has been published why couldn't it generate every page of every book that hasn't been published? (how would it know the difference?)

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
No, actually I wasn't.

If the program can generate every page of every book that has been published why couldn't it generate every page of every book that hasn't been published? (how would it know the difference?)

This is getting more interesting each and every day.

That's why you asked the question about the cure for cancer. If there is ever going to be a book written that describes the cure for cancer, then surely this program will be able to pull up the pages.

But! A future book has not been published and Bob stated that the program can display the pages of published books.

Interesting indeed.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is getting more interesting each and every day.

That's why you asked the question about the cure for cancer. If there is ever going to be a book written that describes the cure for cancer, then surely this program will be able to pull up the pages.
Bingo!

But! A future book has not been published and Bob stated that the program can display the pages of published books.
That's true but if Bob's invention is limited to published books it's not much of an invention at all. Amazon already sells something that will display published books.

elohiym

One exists in some form somewhere (data), the other exists only in the mind of the author at best. Then there's the future having to be known thingy.

Do you think display.exe is an actual program, or is Bob just trying to make some point?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
One exists in some form somewhere (data), the other exists only in the mind of the author at best. Then there's the future having to be known thingy.
Why would the future have to be known?

There is a finite amount of ways to arrange sentences on a paper, given enough time couldn't the computer program run through all of them? That wouldn't be evidence one way or the other for the future being known.

Do you think display.exe is an actual program, or is Bob just trying to make some point?
I don't know... maybe both? :idunno:

This wouldn't be the first time Bob had written a cool software application.

genuineoriginal

It is even more amazing than just knowing the future.
Display.exe can even display the part of the poem "Kubla Khan" that was never written because the author got distracted in the middle of writing it and forgot the vision he was describing.
That means the program can even display pages that never have been and never will be published.
Bob would not say he has written a program unless he has done just that.
He is also trying to make a point.