ARCHIVE: Hello. (funniest "hello" thread ever!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:
You first said:

To which I responded:

Can't see any difference between this and the attitude of Muslim extremists...?

Then you said:

To which I expanded on my point:

Come now, that's lowering yourself. Please, point out how you and they differ in the fundamentals? Both believe they are irrevocably right, similarly unconcerned with the opinions of those who aren't enlightened to your particular God, whatever you feel that your God calls for you stand for with vehemence, rarely feeling the need to stretch beyond 'you're blind, but I can see' as a defense from unbeliever's criticisms.
I am concerned with those who disagree, though.Thouroughly. Why else would I fight against Godlessness?
I really see no difference. If you thought in the bible it had told you to go and blow yourself up, killing people who hadn't wronged you in the process, I'm sorry to say that I'd expect you to be hopping around with explosives strapped on. Thank Goodness your chosen deity only calls for the execution of homosexuals.

Does that help?
You're wrong. The people who go around blowing themselves up were born into terrorist doctrine, and raised with it. I wasn't born into a Christian home, nor was I raised with the majority of what I currently believe. I was also raised, for the most part, in a non-Christian home. I saw both sides with my parents being divorced, and one becoming a Christian while I was young, and the other not being a Christian for most of my life. And if I had seen anything in the Bible that said to harm those who had not harmed you, then I would have rejected it.

red77

Lighthouse said:
:rotfl:

Knight and I disagree on a few issues. Sozo and I also disagree. I even disagree with Stipe. I have never called any of them an idiot, or a moron. Well, maybe Sozo, when I thought he was saying something he wasn't. But my point still stands. Disagreements do not make anyone a moron. People are morons for believing moronic things, or not getting points that are clearly laid out.

calling someone a moron purely because they dont agree with what YOU subjectively claim to be "clear" is just plain immature LH, you do it all the time and you show yourself to act half your age in doing so....

icilian fenner

Lighthouse said:
I am concerned with those who disagree, though.Thouroughly. Why else would I fight against Godlessness?
Not with their points, but with how their stance doesn't fit with your religious callings.

You're wrong. The people who go around blowing themselves up were born into terrorist doctrine, and raised with it. I wasn't born into a Christian home, nor was I raised with the majority of what I currently believe. I was also raised, for the most part, in a non-Christian home. I saw both sides with my parents being divorced, and one becoming a Christian while I was young, and the other not being a Christian for most of my life.

Back story doesn't matter - its what your attitude presently is that bears little difference from the Muslim terrorists. Besides which, there are at least a few Muslim converts that are extremists.

And if I had seen anything in the Bible that said to harm those who had not harmed you, then I would have rejected it.
Why would that be any evidence of it's unholy nature? What is executing homosexuals? And people who row with their parents?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
calling someone a moron purely because they dont agree with what YOU subjectively claim to be "clear" is just plain immature LH, you do it all the time and you show yourself to act half your age in doing so....
How many times do I have to say this is not about disagreements?! See, right there, you have clearly shown that you cannot see the plainly stated things! You have proven yourself to be an idiot, because you are oblivious to what is right in front of your face, time and time again.

red77

Lighthouse said:
How many times do I have to say this is not about disagreements?! See, right there, you have clearly shown that you cannot see the plainly stated things! You have proven yourself to be an idiot, because you are oblivious to what is right in front of your face, time and time again.

Oh grow up LH, its about those who disagree with you and your inability to come up with anything more inventive than moron or idiot because of that, continue to act like a 4year old if you will but you have nothing of any substance to justify your feeble ad hominems.....

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:
Not with their points, but with how their stance doesn't fit with your religious callings.
:doh:

I am not concerned with points I've broken down time and time again, nor am I concerned with the lies of the enemy, such as the one you have spewn forth about what I am concerned with.

Back story doesn't matter - its what your attitude presently is that bears little difference from the Muslim terrorists. Besides which, there are at least a few Muslim converts that are extremists.
I have seen both sides, and I know God to be Truth. I'm not going to put a bullet in anyone's head, unless I'm asked to be in a firing squad to execute a criminal, guilty of a capital crime, or if it is someone trying to kill an innocent person, over any differences we may have. And I'm not going to commit suicide in order to be a "martyr." That is pure idiocy, if ever I have seen idiocy.

Why would that be any evidence of it's unholy nature? What is executing homosexuals? And people who row with their parents?
1] A Holy God would not command harming those who are harmless.
2] Homosexuals are not harmless. And execution is not the same as blowing people up.
3] I don't know what that means.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
Oh grow up LH, its about those who disagree with you and your inability to come up with anything more inventive than moron or idiot because of that, continue to act like a 4year old if you will but you have nothing of any substance to justify your feeble ad hominems.....
See, there you go again. You are blind to what is right in front of you. Were you born this obtuse?

icilian fenner

Lighthouse said:
:doh:

I am not concerned with points I've broken down time and time again, nor am I concerned with the lies of the enemy, such as the one you have spewn forth about what I am concerned with.
See bold to why my point is still borne out.

I have seen both sides, and I know God to be Truth.
Same as muslims

I'm not going to put a bullet in anyone's head, unless I'm asked to be in a firing squad to execute a criminal, guilty of a capital crime, or if it is someone trying to kill an innocent person, over any differences we may have.
God defines who is innocent, and you'd just be delivering justice..

And I'm not going to commit suicide in order to be a "martyr." That is pure idiocy, if ever I have seen idiocy.
If God called it laudable..

1] A Holy God would not command harming those who are harmless.
2] Homosexuals are not harmless. And execution is not the same as blowing people up.

Any action could be endorsed simply by 'a holy god wouldnt...therefore these are' attitude.

fool

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
I have seen both sides, and I know God to be Truth. I'm not going to put a bullet in anyone's head, unless I'm asked to be in a firing squad to execute a criminal, guilty of a capital crime, or if it is someone trying to kill an innocent person, over any differences we may have. And I'm not going to commit suicide in order to be a "martyr." That is pure idiocy, if ever I have seen idiocy.

I don't recall if you participated in any of the "fool's dilema" threads when we did that so forgive me if you've already commented.
And if you have could we run over that again?
Would you have destroyed women and children at the point of a sword if you were in Joshua's army?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:
See bold to why my point is still borne out.
Do you even know who the enemy is that I refer to?

Same as muslims
Show me a Muslim Fundamentalist who has known both God, and Godlessness.

God defines who is innocent, and you'd just be delivering justice.
True.

If God called it laudable.
A Holy God would not.

Any action could be endorsed simply by 'a holy god wouldnt...therefore these are' attitude.
But only a God who is truly holy would declare holy things. And would not declare unholy things.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
fool said:
I don't recall if you participated in any of the "fool's dilema" threads when we did that so forgive me if you've already commented.
And if you have could we run over that again?
Would you have destroyed women and children at the point of a sword if you were in Joshua's army?
I may have participated. And as I recall, my answer was yes, whether I openly answered or not.

icilian fenner

Lighthouse said:
Do you even know who the enemy is that I refer to?
Do tell..
I may have assumed wrongly.
Show me a Muslim Fundamentalist who has known both God, and Godlessness.
Here.

A Holy God would not.
How do you judge that?

But only a God who is truly holy would declare holy things. And would not declare unholy things.
If God is the standard of Holiness, and you submit to his standard, then anything he says is Holy.

icilian fenner

Lighthouse said:
Sorry I took a while with this one.

hi
Exodus 21 (NASB)
21:17
"He who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.

Matthew 15 (NASB)
15:1
Then some Pharisees and scribes *came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said,
15:2
"Why * do Your disciples break the tradition of the elders ? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread."
15:3
And He answered and said to them, "Why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition ?
15:4
"For God said, 'HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER,' and, 'HE WHO SPEAKS EVIL OF FATHER OR MOTHER IS TO BE PUT TO DEATH.' 15:5
"But you say, 'Whoever * says to his father or mother, "Whatever * I have that would help you has been given to God,"
15:6
he is not to honor his father or his mother.' And by this you invalidated the word of God for the sake of your tradition.
15:7
"You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you:
15:8
'THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS, BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME.
15:9
'BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.' "

fool

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
I may have participated. And as I recall, my answer was yes, whether I openly answered or not.
So how do you dovetail that with what you said about not offing anyone who hadn't committed a capital crime?

red77

Lighthouse said:
See, there you go again. You are blind to what is right in front of you. Were you born this obtuse?

I'm afraid you're the one who is blind if you persist in your antagonistic approach, the results of your pathetic ad hominems have hardly borne you any fruit have they? Here's a thought LH, in fact its a challenge to you, try and spend just one day posting where you never use the word idiot/moron and see what happens....:thumb:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:
Do tell..
I may have assumed wrongly.
In this instance, Satan.

Since my intention was someone who claimed to know both sides, I won't squabble that this man did not know God. But that he was very impressionable, and weak-minded shows that he did not understand either side, very much at all. You will need to show me someone who knows the deeper things of each side.

How do you judge that?
I don't. God does.

If God is the standard of Holiness, and you submit to his standard, then anything he says is Holy.
No. God is not the standard of holiness, holiness is the standard of God.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:
Sorry I took a while with this one.

hi
Exodus 21 (NASB)
21:17
"He who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.

Matthew 15 (NASB)
15:1
Then some Pharisees and scribes *came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said,
15:2
"Why * do Your disciples break the tradition of the elders ? For they do not wash their hands when they eat bread."
15:3
And He answered and said to them, "Why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition ?
15:4
"For God said, 'HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER,' and, 'HE WHO SPEAKS EVIL OF FATHER OR MOTHER IS TO BE PUT TO DEATH.' 15:5
"But you say, 'Whoever * says to his father or mother, "Whatever * I have that would help you has been given to God,"
15:6
he is not to honor his father or his mother.' And by this you invalidated the word of God for the sake of your tradition.
15:7
"You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you:
15:8
'THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS, BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME.
15:9
'BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.' "
So, someone who causes harm to their parents?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
fool said:
So how do you dovetail that with what you said about not offing anyone who hadn't committed a capital crime?
I was referring to me, now, in this current time.

Status
Not open for further replies.