ARCHIVE: Hello. (funniest "hello" thread ever!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

Knight said:
I know... I know... Turbo already busted my chops for that one. :D

Awww, I liked it. This is the "Funniest" thread ever so it fit. I thought you did it on purpose (didn't you?).

Besides, did you see it? It totally fits this thread "Sugar Smacks."

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lonster said:
Awww, I liked it. This is the "Funniest" thread ever so it fit. I thought you did it on purpose (didn't you?).

Besides, did you see it? It totally fits this thread "Sugar Smacks."
Actually I didn't mean to do it. I didn't even notice that I had made the error.

I was posting like a mad man that day and I just goofed. :doh: Silly me!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:
Definitions of Ad Hominem on the Web:

* appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
ww2.aps.edu/users/apsedumain/CurriculumInstruction/glossary.htm

* A fallacy that attacks the person rather than dealing with the real issue in dispute.
highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/007256296x/student_view0/glossary.html

* attacking your opponent personally rather than her/his argument. Ad hominem is fallacious argumentation.
www.tmsdebate.org/main/forensics/glossary.htm

* an argument "against the man" or person. This is a device employed to attack not the issues but rather the one you are arguing with, especially on a personal level or basis. It is usually employed by those whose arguments are weak.
library.sebts.edu/smadden/cross/terms.htm

* when people can't find fault with an argument, they sometimes attack the arguer, substituting irrelevant assertions about that person's character for an analysis of the argument itself.
home.olemiss.edu/~gbrown/reserve/fallacies_and_causes.htm

You oughtn't to struggle so much in actually replying to me you know...
:baby:

The fact that you're an idiot has nothing to do with the solidity of your argument. You show yourself to be an idiot, by not realizing your argument is not solid, and has been refuted numerous times, yet you still use it. You're a moron.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Kimberlyann said:
:thumb:

I especially like it when they get creative and use words like idiot and moron.
How about "Godless?" As in, you, Kimberlyann, are Godless.

icilian fenner

Lighthouse said:

The fact that you're an idiot has nothing to do with the solidity of your argument. You show yourself to be an idiot, by not realizing your argument is not solid, and has been refuted numerous times, yet you still use it. You're a moron.
Unfortunately, I have never seen it refuted. That you simply refuse to do so, instead suggesting that my argument is invalid by default and attacking my intellect in an attempt to support your claim, leads me to believe that you have no answer, you cannot invalidate the argument, and you're simply hiding your head in the sand.

Now come, if it is so simply refuted, why not do so? It can't be hard...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:
Unfortunately, I have never seen it refuted. That you simply refuse to do so, instead suggesting that my argument is invalid by default and attacking my intellect in an attempt to support your claim, leads me to believe that you have no answer, you cannot invalidate the argument, and you're simply hiding your head in the sand.

Now come, if it is so simply refuted, why not do so? It can't be hard...
Let me take some time to work up the fervor again. I've been over this so many times, I'm currently tired of repeating myself.

icilian fenner

Lighthouse said:
Let me take some time to work up the fervor again. I've been over this so many times, I'm currently tired of repeating myself.
You could link me to somewhere that you thinks responds to my points, and I can then post a response to that if you like?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
How about "Godless?" As in, you, Kimberlyann, are Godless.
I DISAGREE ENTIRELY LIGHTHOUSE!!!!she's an idiot, not godless.

red77

Lighthouse said:

What a load of BS, you constantly show yourself to be an immature juvenile with your constant 'idiot/moron' remarks to anyone who has the temerity to disagree with you, grow up....

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
What a load of BS, you constantly show yourself to be an immature juvenile with your constant 'idiot/moron' remarks to anyone who has the temerity to disagree with you, grow up....
moron.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:
You could link me to somewhere that you thinks responds to my points, and I can then post a response to that if you like?
What were your points again? I've forgotten already, in all this posting.

icilian fenner

You first said:
Lighthouse said:
I don't think you're wrong. I know you are. Because God is right, and you deny Him. It's as simple as that. Whether or not we disagree is beside the point.

To which I responded:

Can't see any difference between this and the attitude of Muslim extremists...?

Then you said:
Lighthouse said:

To which I expanded on my point:

Come now, that's lowering yourself. Please, point out how you and they differ in the fundamentals? Both believe they are irrevocably right, similarly unconcerned with the opinions of those who aren't enlightened to your particular God, whatever you feel that your God calls for you stand for with vehemence, rarely feeling the need to stretch beyond 'you're blind, but I can see' as a defense from unbeliever's criticisms.

I really see no difference. If you thought in the bible it had told you to go and blow yourself up, killing people who hadn't wronged you in the process, I'm sorry to say that I'd expect you to be hopping around with explosives strapped on. Thank Goodness your chosen deity only calls for the execution of homosexuals.

Does that help?

EDIT: Sorry that I managed to edit this post out of existence. Blonde moment.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
:rotfl:

Knight and I disagree on a few issues. Sozo and I also disagree. I even disagree with Stipe. I have never called any of them an idiot, or a moron. Well, maybe Sozo, when I thought he was saying something he wasn't. But my point still stands. Disagreements do not make anyone a moron. People are morons for believing moronic things, or not getting points that are clearly laid out.

Status
Not open for further replies.