Hello Lon

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Lon, this is my thread and I control it.

Please don't try to change the subject I am talking about.

I will not take your bait to dismiss the point I am making.

God's Truth

Meshak, can you share any scriptures with me that answer any of these questions? Some of them even?

Please and thank you.

Lon, you like to call people heretics because you learned that from your father Calvin. He must have learned it from his fathers of the Catholic church. Don't you know your original fathers in the Catholic church think that you are a heretic? Oh you don't care what your fathers think of you? So you think I care if you call me a heretic? You are so lost.

Lon

Lon, this is my thread and I control it.

Please don't try to change the subject I am talking about.

I will not take your bait to dismiss the point I am making.

I was afraid of that. :idunno: There is no bait. :(

Let's leave it in your court: What must I do to be saved?

Lon

Lon, you like to call people heretics because you learned that from your father Calvin. He must have learned it from his fathers of the Catholic church. Don't you know your original fathers in the Catholic church think that you are a heretic? Oh you don't care what your fathers think of you? So you think I care if you call me a heretic? You are so lost.
:doh: Please reread what I wrote:
...can you share any scriptures with me that answer any of these questions? Some of them even?

Please and thank you.
Is ANY of that confrontational? If you were trying to share something with a new believer and they asked such questions, would you answer them? Could you answer them?

I have you both on ignore all the time. How could I possibly call either of you heretics? When would I have done that?

By reminder, conversation doesn't go anywhere with either of you, so I chose a long time ago simply to not fight with either of you.

Please read the thread. Have I don't anything offensive? Been impolite? Asked anything very difficult? Stated anything that disagreed with you??? :idunno:

God's Truth

I was afraid of that. :idunno: There is no bait. :(

Let's leave it in your court: What must I do to be saved?

How do you say you know God if you do not obey?

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

God's Truth

:doh: Please reread what I wrote:
Is ANY of that confrontational? If you were trying to share something with a new believer and they asked such questions, would you answer them? Could you answer them?

Do you have dementia? You do not remember calling me a heretic?

Answer my posts to you. If you want scripture to something I believe, just ask.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
John 3:3,5-10

Is this an okay passage for this discussion?

This is one of them so it is fine.

John 3:3 (NKJV)

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

So it does not say you have to believe in the trinity to be saved, does it?

Lon

Do you have dementia?
Maybe :think:

You do not remember calling me a heretic?
:nono: Can you find it?

Answer my posts to you. If you want scripture to something I believe, just ask.
A 'would you?' or 'please' would have been nice? Why the condescending? When is the last time I've talked to you?

From what I've read, Protestants by and large are called "brothers in error," if they are largely orthodox so if you have something that says I am a heretic, I'd have to see it. I've not seen it to date. -Lon

Lon

This is one of them so it is fine.

John 3:3 (NKJV)

3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

So it does not say you have to believe in the trinity to be saved, does it?
No. It doesn't say that here.

glorydaz

Jesus says that we have to obey to be saved.

You don't know the scriptures?

Jesus says to search and you will find.

Why don't you search for what he wants you to do?

He will save you when he accepts you.

Never give up, give out, or give in.

Wait for the Lord.

Paul says work it out with trembling and fear.

See how she is. She can't even answer the questions she asks everyone else.

You are a charlatan and a fake, Gutruth. Better get on with that mysterious obeying of yours. :chuckle:

Lon

What does He say exactly?

John 8:18 I am the one who bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me.”
John 8:19 They said to him therefore, “Where is your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also.”
John 8:23 He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
Joh 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”
John 8:25 So they said to him, “Who are you?” Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been telling you from the beginning. (John 1:1 starts: "In the beginning..."
John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”
Joh 8:59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

All the rest of John both preceding and after is about the importance of Who He is. The teachers got this wrong.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
John 8:18 I am the one who bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me.”
John 8:19 They said to him therefore, “Where is your Father?” Jesus answered, “You know neither me nor my Father. If you knew me, you would know my Father also.”
John 8:23 He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
Joh 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”
John 8:25 So they said to him, “Who are you?” Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been telling you from the beginning. (John 1:1 starts: "In the beginning..."
John 8:58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”
Joh 8:59 So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple.

He still does not say you have to believe in the trinity to be saved, does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.