Hello Lon

Status
Not open for further replies.

6days

meshak said:
So it is clear that you need to follow Him if you want salvation,
Thats not how Jesus phrased it. He said ""If anyone would come after me, let him take up his cross and follow me"

meshak said:
*...not believe in the trinity.

We might agree on that Meshak. I believe a person can trust in Christ as their Savior and not understand all the theology. New converts, young children and even mentally challenged people understand that what Jesus did at the cross saves them. (That they are incapable of saving themselves) As their relationship with Jesus grows, they hopefully soon realize the the true nature...the divinity of the One they now follow.

However, if that person thinks that what Christ did is not enough, and that they must earn their salvation...then that person likely also does not / can not truely know who Jesus truely is.*

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Thats not how Jesus phrased it. He said ""If anyone would come after me, let him take up his cross and follow me"

We might agree on that Meshak. I believe a person can trust in Christ as their Savior and not understand all the theology. New converts, young children and even mentally challenged people understand that what Jesus did at the cross saves them. (That they are incapable of saving themselves) As their relationship with Jesus grows, they hopefully soon realize the the true nature...the divinity of the One they now follow.

However, if that person thinks that what Christ did is not enough, and that they must earn their salvation...then that person likely also does not / can not truely know who Jesus truely is.*

I am talking about organizational doctrine.

this thread is not about any individual.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I am talking about organizational doctrine.

this thread is not about any individual.

You say this about [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION]

It is obvious he is trying to change the subject. Lon is good at avoiding the subject and so are you. You both use the same tactic. In fact, many posters are using this tactic when they don't like how it is going.

I focus on my point.

peace:)

Yet, you imbibe in Charles Taze Russel's "Study of the Scriptures". You imbibe in a crooked mans scriptural lies while daring to judge others for searching Jesus how they may. You asked me here... well... I'm here. Did you know Taze called Jesus the Almighty in his Revelation Commentary? I can link the page if you would like.

What organization are you discussing? [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] exalts scripture above all theology and exalts Jesus above theology. I ran him through the question ringer with an OP and observed his demeanor as Christ commanded. He hung with all of the scripture that I quoted and even held down a theologically complex OP about Jesus.

Where exactly are your scriptural replies and answers to questions asked? Would you still like me here? I'm just warming up.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
EE,

The subject is about Jesus' word of how to be saved.

Please respect the OP.

What does Jesus say about how to be saved?

thank you.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
EE,

The subject is about Jesus' word of how to be saved.

Please respect the OP.

What does Jesus say about how to be saved?

thank you.

John 6:29, 63

Also...

And this is my question to you...

(John 14:1) “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

Why did Jesus ask us to "Believe" in Him with the same devotion the Israelites were asked to believe in God?

Perhaps Charles Taze Russel has an answer... 5th, 6th and 7th paragraph of his studies. Jesus is Jehovah Almighty? Taze said so. His words. Though he is Arian... He said it. Why is this hidden knowledge?

charles-russell-Jesus-almighty.jpg

God's Truth

:idunno: Looks like false projecting to me...

Ah, there you go. It was you who called me a heretic, not the other way around. It is weird how your mind works.

Another reason you are on ignore, is because we do not have effective communication. I simply pray you will have
someone else to talk to because there is no communication going on between you and I. It is a waste of your time too.

No, you called me a heretic.

You are what you falsely accused me of being.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
29 Jesus answered and said to them, s“This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

Good, now does He say you have to believe in the trinity to be saved in this verse?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
29 Jesus answered and said to them, s“This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

Good, now does He say you have to believe in the trinity to be saved in this verse?

Please quote me next time so I can see you've addressed me. Thank you.

Now what does this verse mean?

John 14:23 in light of Romans 8:9 and Php. 1:19 ?

God's Truth

You have to believe that Jesus is God.

If you deny that truth, then you deny the Truth.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Please quote me next time so I can see you've addressed me. Thank you.

Now what does this verse mean?

John 14:23 in light of Romans 8:9 and Php. 1:19 ?

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

It worked this time.

I am focusing on what Jesus says because many of you twist Paul's word.

And your verse of Jesus still does not say you have to believe in the trinity to be saved.

God's Truth

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

It worked this time.

I am focusing on what Jesus says because many of you twist Paul's word.

And your verse of Jesus still does not say you have to believe in the trinity to be saved.

You ask Lon about the trinity but you do not get answers.

Tell us if you bow to Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.